Thread: Suggestions Required for Barrel Cut for Cq-5a Chinese AR-15

Suggestions Required for Barrel Cut for Cq-5a Chinese AR-15

I own CQ.5a and thinking to cut short it's barrel size ...I thing standard if I am not wrong is 14.5 Inch I want to take that to around 4.5 Inch..pls guide what would be impact...I am not for range issue as I only have this for home defence so range is not issue ....I am worried for safety prospects and better if suggested any place in Lahore from where this job could be done...many Regards

4.5 inches?? Are you sure
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

He want to shave off 4.5 inch and leave only 10inch....trying to make ar pistol.....

Quote Originally Posted by MUJ View Post
    I own CQ.5a and thinking to cut short it's barrel size ...I thing standard if I am not wrong is 14.5 Inch I want to take that to around 4.5 Inch..pls guide what would be impact...I am not for range issue as I only have this for home defence so range is not issue ....I am worried for safety prospects and better if suggested any place in Lahore from where this job could be done...many Regards
    It is better to source 10 inch barrel rather than ruining the original barrel, should be able to find one in dak or peshawar......or if you want to ruin the barrel then better take the barrel to dak, they are making sbr version of ar hence well versed with process

I think that is better Idea to source new barrel...but barrel is engraved with weapon number, will I be able to engrave weapon number on new sourced one or it does not matter? Any idea of price for good quality not very high end further will it be possible to arrange in Lahore ad going to DAK is very difficult for me as total new place without knowing any one there

I am looking some thing like that...

Name:  images (4).jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  22.5 KB

That is better option...

Name:  images (5).jpeg
Views: 179
Size:  8.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Shotgun barrel can be sawed off quite easily than the barrels having rifling & crown etc these are quite technical & tricky to play with. Dont think anyone in Lahore can do that .
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Yes seems true after reading your and others comments...I have already started thinking to build iron cage for my dog to get rid off this stupid idea...as this shows how basically I am ignorant to real technalaties of riffles😊

Yes seems true after reading your and others comments...I have already started thinking to build iron cage for my dog to get rid off this stupid idea...as this shows how basically I am ignorant to real technalaties of riffles
    The best people who can do it are found in darra adam khel.

I have done this to CQA! No problem at all.
    Where there's a will, there's a weapon

How from where and any pic to share? Pls share details I would be obliged.