Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need expert opinion on Islamuddin arms (Moon star arms) made clones

Supreme Member
    mine order for Berreta 92Fs in production and is expected to be delivered in this week by saif sb., the owner, I wl try to share mine first hand experience here once I get hold ,

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I will probably order a .45 acp 1911 in SS from them. Hopefully it will turn out to be decent. I prefer local metel offerings over their polymer counterparts.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I am very tempted to order at least a 9mm compact from their Betty family and at least 1 of their .30's but at the same time I am really confused or reluctant is the right word simply for
    No1. Mixed opinion about their products reliability I.e some say they are good some say they had accuracy etc issues
    NO2. So far all the local clones I have owned/used in past have given me some kinda problems which makes me a bit sceptical. Therefore hard for me to make my mind up yet...
    Last edited by MK47; 17-04-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I will probably order a .45 acp 1911 in SS from them. Hopefully it will turn out to be decent. I prefer local metel offerings over their polymer counterparts.
    Avoid it, it may look like a 1911 but doesnt fit like it internally.....its a bit complicated piece.....most of the internals are different, as a show piece and airel firing its a good piece, for serious shooting, its a no no.....try getting sig saur p226 x five....it is much better

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    I am very tempted to order at least a 9mm compact from their Betty family and at least 1 of their .30's but at the same time I am really confused or reluctant is the right word simply for
    No1. Mixed opinion about their products reliability I.e some say they are good some say they had accuracy etc issues
    NO2. Out of all local clones I have owned/used in past have given me problems which makes me a bit sceptical. Therefore hard for me to make my mind up ...
    Reliability wise there is no issue, am using two of their guns myself, one a tokarev tt 9mm and another 1911 9mm....but are good and reliable, tt is accurate enough at 15m, as sd gun its good.....a friend of fine has got like 6 betty from them and he has nothing but praises for their pistols....so go ahead but dont expect a competition level accuracy

Supreme Member
    let me get hold , I hv heard that they have excelled now in berreta 92Fs , Zigana sports and Sig and Glock copies, let s wait, just after few days I wl show u internals and external finish, and target reviews, the worthappreciating here at Moon Star is the decent Behaviour of Saif, a very humble person, , let s wait a few days more
    Last edited by sadatpk; 17-04-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    Avoid it, it may look like a 1911 but doesnt fit like it internally.....its a bit complicated piece.....most of the internals are different, as a show piece and airel firing its a good piece, for serious shooting, its a no no.....try getting sig saur p226 x five....it is much better
    oooh.. I had high hopes, high apple in the pie hopes. (Sigh) I even made a license especially for their 1911. Khair, will get a .32 llama ac on it now
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by sadatpk View Post
    let me get hold , I hv heard that they have excelled now in berreta 92Fs , Zigana sports and Sig and Glock copies, let s wait, just after few days I wl show u internals and external finish, and target reviews, the worthappreciating here at Moon Star is the decent Behaviour of Saif, a very humble person, , let s wait a few days more
    Indeed he is a humble man,and you have heard correct, there beretta can be fitted with original parts, same goes for zigana, not sure about sig though, but when I checked it in his factory, it looked like a good piece

Lord of War
    oooh.. I had high hopes, high apple in the pie hopes. (Sigh) I even made a license especially for their 1911. Khair, will get a .32 llama ac on it now
    There is so many pins involved in this piece, disassembly is a bit hectic too, because unlike original 1911 where you remove the bushing and take down the slide, in this one remove bushing, then you have two small pins to remove on slide lock and safety......I will try to post pictures by next week for your understanding

Quote Originally Posted by sadatpk View Post

Excelled in glock copies..? Sir, let me share pics if cracked frames in a couple of days..local glocks that cracked and had less than 200 shots fired through them.
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Supreme Member
    DeATh row brother, Glock frames infact are not made by our manufacturers ,imho and expectation they are resourced from different plastic parts providers and quality varies, I am sure this issue wl be resolved wd the passage of time,

our local manufacturers r improving every day , I wl share my experience here

, as for as mine humble.opinion is concerned ,I think 1Z of POF wl not damage Glock clone frames ,

@Sadatpk, Sir making glock frames is not easy... I went to Peshawar sometime back and did a detailed survery.....As far as what I know.. all manufacturers are sourcing the glock frames from one vendor only..... and these very frames are cracking with use of ordinary POF ammo...secondly the guide rods are cracking by just racking the slide alone...

I don't doubt their capabilities or potential, its just that they are not willing to bother and improve... thats the same reason that we do not have even one local decent ammo manufacturer other than POF....
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    @Sadatpk, Sir making glock frames is not easy... I went to Peshawar sometime back and did a detailed survery.....As far as what I know.. all manufacturers are sourcing the glock frames from one vendor only..... and these very frames are cracking with use of ordinary POF ammo...secondly the guide rods are cracking by just racking the slide alone...

I don't doubt their capabilities or potential, its just that they are not willing to bother and improve... thats the same reason that we do not have even one local decent ammo manufacturer other than POF....
    Agree on the guide rod part, that is what I noticed on glocks from three manufacturers....moonstar, classic arms and a copy made on order by Zol arms....all had very poor quality guide rods....
    As far as ammo goes than as a range fodder I believe zol is an excellent alternative, and honestly speaking pof ammo had its fare share of problems too, hard primer, poor accuracy, fte....

Lord of War
    Btw, anyone seen the local copy of sig p250? I saw pic of it on whatsapp posted by a dealer.....have yet to see it in person

Lord of War
    Here are some pics

Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    Here are some pics

This doesn't look like a clone. looks like a real deal.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Sometimes, the actually put the pics of the real McCoy as well and declare em to be their own handiwork

Lord of War
    Agreed, that is why I asked if anyone has seen this piece in person.....
    Month ago when I was in peshwar at Zol factory, abbas sb showed me a HK usp 9mm build locally, the finishing was so good on that piece

Sometimes, the actually put the pics of the real McCoy as well and declare em to be their own handiwork
    Yes. when you see the actual pistol, one can cry easily.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Enthusiast
    I have seen actual Sig P-250 (clone) at Zafar Alam Factory. Although I don't exactly remember all details.