Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need expert opinion on Islamuddin arms (Moon star arms) made clones

Need expert opinion on Islamuddin arms (Moon star arms) made clones

AOA friends ....
    I want to purchase a clone of Glock, after searching market & internet I stopped at moonstar arms Peshawar made clones.
    Does anybody use their made clones? Does I go for it ?? Plz friends I will be anxiously waiting for your response & will be thankful to you.Name:  IMG_20180410_232441.jpg
Views: 3489
Size:  51.3 KB

My friend has one.i have fired it, they work fine.some times gives trouble in field striping.he paid 30k in peshawar for it.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Apart from the field stripping, there is also an issue with MSA guide rods. Since they are plastic they are apt to break and bend. Other than that I have also seen pictures of their frames cracking.

I have shot their Glock 17. Extremely accurate and great fro follow up shots. NO FTEs or FTFs whatsoever. My only issue is the duribility factor since they do not have access to the spacial polymer materials with which the original glocks are made.

Albeit having said that I am a fan of their work in terms of metal weapons. Amazing stuff.. like totally. I wil procure a 1911 in .45 from them.

Other than that BnB (Bader and Brothers) also make excellent handguns. Their TT 33 (manaul safety equipped TT) are being exported to the US and a number of fellow members shoot them at the range. They also have some top quality Beretta clones whit complete interchangeable parts with the originals. Their asking price is 20k

If yo are in the area do visit their factroy.

Other than that RAC (Royal arms company) does pretty decent PT 92 clones. Barely distinguishable from the originals. the RAC Pt 92 was my very first 9mm and it served me well for both conceal carry as well as extensive shooting sessions at the range.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

i used to have MSA Glock. it was nicely made but i only shot 50 rounds from it. i had replaced mag springs with US made ones and recoil spring was also replaced with the glock one. they are nicely made but there are inconsistancies in it. the one i owned had misaligned barrel and used to shoot every where. their sights are also not good and balanced.

so later i bought glock adjustable sights.
    but it has combat accuracy if not of competition.

to scratch your glock itch, local clone is good enough.

try looking at Insaf Shah glock clone also. but as ED bro said, their plastic frame is questionable for its durability and reliability.

goodluck
    Keep Calm & Carry One

thx alot ED bro for your nice review, i am totally agreed with you about polymer frames of local ones but dear i am intrested in Glock clone only, bcz one cant get orignal one due to its higher prices , still ups & down in my mind to choose a local glock clone or to buy mini CF 98

Thx a lot bro, totally agreed with you i am also concerns about durability mostly bcz of its polymer frame, but what can one do when he has itch about glock & cant get orignal due to its higher prices, so lets see still on wait & watch condition

Quote Originally Posted by nixamani View Post
    Thx a lot bro, totally agreed with you i am also concerns about durability mostly bcz of its polymer frame, but what can one do when he has itch about glock & cant get orignal due to its higher prices, so lets see still on wait & watch condition
    for glock itch, local clone is best deal.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

This is my glock 34 clone from classic arms factory peshawar. Installed original guide rod assembly (the one it came with broke the first day),after market beavertail and slide release and original glock mag. The stippling I did myself for better grip.

As others have mentioned no two pieces are alike due to inconsistencies in manufacturing and quality control so here is my take on the one I have.
    I use this only for idpa practise with local ammo . on targets up to 10m it groups fine . However at 25m the accuracy is terrible and inconsistent . I think the main culprit here is the oversized bore .few years back local glock manufacturers were having issues with local darra ammo running reliably in local glocks and the striker springs / cups kept blowing due to inconsistencies in ammo pressure. The solution they found was to very slightly increase the bore diameter to reduce pressure build up. Thus the weapon would work with local ammo but accuracy went down the drain. This is why If u fire a local glock at night u will see sparks coming out of the barrel .Another problem that local glock's are having with local ammo is primer puncture which to date has not been totally eradicated . All foreign ammo and pof ammo runs fine in local glocks.

For my idpa practise it's fine and accuracy is good since targets are close but I am disappointed with accuracy at 25 m.
    YouTube: Guns Pakistan
    Instagram: Guns_Pakistan

Thx a lot my dear for your detailed review about local Glocks, ...
    I am still on ups & downs to make my point clear about purchasing.
    Actually I m looking for a compact handgun for SD in reasonable amount, but ban on import it looks difficult & only choice remains is local ones and these have lot of issues.
    .. so bit confused
    Last edited by nixamani; 11-04-2018 at 10:08 PM.

no Clown aka clone should be kept for SD. Period
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    no Clown aka clone should be kept for SD. Period
    Salam All,
    +1000 shahroze bro.....

Nixamani bro, the cheapest proper gun on the market is the .30 norinco. It's the least I would suggest for hd/sd. Don't waste your money on clones.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

@shahroze
    @kamranwali

Well said ..I too would not recommend any local gun for sd . Imported guns can have issues as well but with local stuff the risk of breakage/ malfunction increases tenfold due to inconsistencies in manufacturing material and quality control. A norinco tt should be fine for sd use if budget is low .

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

This is my glock 34 clone from classic arms factory peshawar. Installed original guide rod assembly (the one it came with broke the first day),after market beavertail and slide release and original glock mag. The stippling I did myself for better grip.

As others have mentioned no two pieces are alike due to inconsistencies in manufacturing and quality control so here is my take on the one I have.
    I use this only for idpa practise with local ammo . on targets up to 10m it groups fine . However at 25m the accuracy is terrible and inconsistent . I think the main culprit here is the oversized bore .few years back local glock manufacturers were having issues with local darra ammo running reliably in local glocks and the striker springs / cups kept blowing due to inconsistencies in ammo pressure. The solution they found was to very slightly increase the bore diameter to reduce pressure build up. Thus the weapon would work with local ammo but accuracy went down the drain. This is why If u fire a local glock at night u will see sparks coming out of the barrel .Another problem that local glock's are having with local ammo is primer puncture which to date has not been totally eradicated . All foreign ammo and pof ammo runs fine in local glocks.

For my idpa practise it's fine and accuracy is good since targets are close but I am disappointed with accuracy at 25 m.
    i also had a Plock 17 Clown from MSA. its accuracy was 3 feet MOA at 15 Meter.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Sir naximani, my suggestion is to firmly bandage the itch for a local plock. Especially, if it is going to be an SD weapon. (One cant really call time out in a real world gun fight wiht BGs).

Fellow members Eddie and Deathrow had the same itch. Ergo a plock. But have since quashed the same. Another fellow meber got one and we wil test her out at the range.

They can make accurate plocks as well as relaibel plocks. But if you wil have just one gun for shooting downrange, for SD and for cc, then no, i would not trust the duribility of a local polymer weapon.

Its not really their fault as such. They simply do not have access to the kind of polymor that the real deal is made of. Sooo, sometimes they use common 'plastic'.

However, the BnB manual TT has performed admirably and they provide all pakistan spare parts for thier guns if you ask em nicely. They even have an outlet here where you can take the weapon in case things go wrong. The asking price is 12 to 15k depending on dealer to dealer.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    i also had a Plock 17 Clown from MSA. its accuracy was 3 feet MOA at 15 Meter.
    Haha ....I guess then I got lucky with my piece

Thx a lot dear respected members specialy ED bro & Stealth bro ,I got it now NO to PLOCKSName:  2018-04-12_19.31.14.jpg
Views: 2528
Size:  55.4 KB

Lord of War
    I think local guns are not that bad even for sd as portrayed, I agree that a 100% local made is not a reliable one but we sure can build a hybrid with original parts.......
    For example in todays market it is very difficult to buy a gun for cc in 60s range......norinco 9mm is a good option with empty chamber for ccing due to its slim profile......but norinco 2139mm is not available in market....so one can get this oiece made on order, get original mags for tt modified

I have very high hopes for the Bnb Badar and brother Berreta copy based on the experience I had with the BnB TT. Similarly I have personaly carried the Royal arms PT 92 for a year and also used it as a range gun. Her rear sights became lose after around 600 rounds or so, but she was damned accruate till that time.

the only issue I have wht local polymer offerings is the quality of the polymer used, It is not really ease or cheap to get hold of the same polymer used to make a real world glock

The locals have come a far way and been progressing... but having said that, they still have along way to go with Glocks.. my advice is get an imported weapon for now....wait for atleast couple of years.... the plocks are slowly improving ......maybe you can buy one later and experiment on it..
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

ordered a glock 19 to saif bhai of moon star arms pshwr on 31 of march .hopefully received delivery from their outlet in next week than i shall give you people a detailed review about their quality and performance .