Thread: High power air rifle 1000+ fps do I need license

High power air rifle 1000+ fps do I need license

AoA
    Do I need arms license for highpower air rifle that is capable of shooting 1000+ fps. Also are you allowed to hunt small game with air rifle in Pakistan such rabbit, grouse, chakore and more.

Also what about crossbow, do I need a license for crossbow?

Thanks

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    To the best of my knowledge air powered weapons remain unregulated to date. At least in Sindh I have heard of no regulation in this regard. As for crossbows, well, bow and arrows have been specifically mentioned as being licensed (along with spears, swords and the like) I assume the same holds true for crossbows as well.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    As for crossbows, well, bow and arrows have been specifically mentioned as being licensed (along with spears, swords and the like) I assume the same holds true for crossbows as well.
    This sucks, what happend to good old Pakistan. The arms law are very strict now.

Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    This sucks, what happend to good old Pakistan. The arms law are very strict now.
    The laws are old with Some dating back to shortly after Independence. Its their implementation that is important. However,r in the case of crossbows, and similar stuff i have not seen anyone who has licenses fro them. they are being freely traded in many, if not most outlets. Elahi bux and co (Teen Talwaar karachi) had a great collection of hunting cross bows, last I went there
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Thanks Enigmatic, I was wondering if you will be able to contact me offline rosh7674@gmail.com. I have not lived in Pakistan for almost 30years it would be nice to get some more information about the arms ownership and which gun ranges will be closer to Bahriya, Gulshan, or DHA as I am not sure where to stay when back in karachi or Pakistan in general.

Sure sir.. My email is in my signature