Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizen of one province~license of another province ?!?

Citizen of one province~license of another province ?!?

Hello dear all; A0A, I've been visiting PAKGUNS from quite a time. This is my first post. A brief introduction first ; I'm Ammar from rawalpindi. I am a gun enthusiast since my childhood, also got some exposure to firearms but still I don't have my own personal firearm which I'm eager to get.

Coming back to topic, I know there already are various threads addressing provincial arms licenses but still I posted this one as there is no comparison like stuff out there.

As I was going through the license relating threads to search as if there is something there for my present situation I have viewed somethings that are concerning me right now.

My situation is that I want a NPB license and both punjab & MOI licenses are closed. KPK & Baluchistan licenses are open, don't know about sindh. I have a friend who is currently in quetta and his bro-in-laws are army officers. He told me that if I want a license he can ask his bro in law. He called him infront of me and asked him. He(bro in law) after asking some same old questions like kya kary ga weapon rakh k etc responded positively and said no problem he can get your friend an all pakistan baluchistan license. After the call was over I shared my concerns with my friend about whether a non-resident of a province getting a license of that respective province through whatever contact is worth it ? He said that you have listened the whole conversation and that there is no problem in it.

After that I searched PakGuns to see if this sort of problem is addressed and I saw two things. People have got KPK licenses while they are not KPK residents. In a similar way I read about a fellow getting Baluchistan license and many other fellows were forbidding him about not carrying a weapon on that license, they were quoting the same thing that since he is not a resident of baluchistan having a BC license can land him into trouble.
    Another contradiction which I saw was that some fellow asked that a dealer is asking for an xyz amout to get a KPK license. He was also concerned about legal complications, the answer he got was to pay the dealer, get the KPK card license and don't worry about himself not being the resident of kpk.

I tried to locate those threads and posts to show as a reference here but there are a lot of them to dig out. Unable to got them now maybe sometime again.

I'm so confused right now. Tell me what should I do? Should I proceed to BC license?

Don't..........
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A.M. View Post
    Hello dear all; A0A, I've been visiting PAKGUNS from quite a time. This is my first post. A brief introduction first ; I'm Ammar from rawalpindi. I am a gun enthusiast since my childhood, also got some exposure to firearms but still I don't have my own personal firearm which I'm eager to get.

Coming back to topic, I know there already are various threads addressing provincial arms licenses but still I posted this one as there is no comparison like stuff out there.

As I was going through the license relating threads to search as if there is something there for my present situation I have viewed somethings that are concerning me right now.

My situation is that I want a NPB license and both punjab & MOI licenses are closed. KPK & Baluchistan licenses are open, don't know about sindh. I have a friend who is currently in quetta and his bro-in-laws are army officers. He told me that if I want a license he can ask his bro in law. He called him infront of me and asked him. He(bro in law) after asking some same old questions like kya kary ga weapon rakh k etc responded positively and said no problem he can get your friend an all pakistan baluchistan license. After the call was over I shared my concerns with my friend about whether a non-resident of a province getting a license of that respective province through whatever contact is worth it ? He said that you have listened the whole conversation and that there is no problem in it.

After that I searched PakGuns to see if this sort of problem is addressed and I saw two things. People have got KPK licenses while they are not KPK residents. In a similar way I read about a fellow getting Baluchistan license and many other fellows were forbidding him about not carrying a weapon on that license, they were quoting the same thing that since he is not a resident of baluchistan having a BC license can land him into trouble.
    Another contradiction which I saw was that some fellow asked that a dealer is asking for an xyz amout to get a KPK license. He was also concerned about legal complications, the answer he got was to pay the dealer, get the KPK card license and don't worry about himself not being the resident of kpk.

I tried to locate those threads and posts to show as a reference here but there are a lot of them to dig out. Unable to got them now maybe sometime again.

I'm so confused right now. Tell me what should I do? Should I proceed to BC license?
    It all demends on your need for keeping a weapon and your alternatives. Currently BAl is the only alternative available. If there were others fone, but since there are not. then you have no choice but to opt for Bal. SIndh lics have been closed for years and years. We are now resigned to Bal, even though I was anti bal for a very ;long time indeed. Ultimately, I realised that Sindh lics or moi lics may not open in this century so I wil be getting bal lics from now on.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

you can get Punjab licence.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Proceed with a Baluchistan license.....KPK is now closed and no one knows when they will open...
    If the license is verified then it shouldnt be a problem....alot of people are using BAL licenses these days as its the only way to proceed...
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

@ Pakistanitoup

I would love to BUT I don't have any working reference here. Got some references but they are my elders who don't like weapons . I have tried to initiate small talk about getting a license with a few of them and got the typical questions .... Kya karo gy weapon rakh k AND kis ko marna hy? !!!!!!!

@ Nazim Sahib
    Okay bro, Plz tell me how a license is verified? Although I will be getting it through trustworthy person but I don't know much about these matters. I have a few questions in my mind:

1- In a thread related to baluchistan licenses I've read that generally license makers put a baluchistan address on the license for I don't know which purpose & in case of any cross checking since that address points out to be fake, it lands the license owner into trouble. There must be some truth in this because I myself got my driving license from karachi and it had the address of my relative in karachi . In my ID card there are two addresses, one of my rwp city residense, and 2nd of my village residense. Which address should be there on the license ? My father is ex-army personnel and his license is of gilgit. There is our village residence written on that so my thought is that it should be there on my to be license also. What do you say?

2- Is BC license old type i-e booklet form or card type? If its old type do I have to convert that into card type? IF so how?

3- Some days ago I went to GPO to renew my father's license. There was a guy there who was asking the clerk about what's the procedure to register BC license here in rwp and get it renewed. I was unable to listen what he told him because I was called at the very moment. I stopped the guy when he was leaving and asked him about the matter. He seemed to be in a great hurry, first he told me that due to this very reason he is getting demeaned here and there in offices, secondly he bragged that even if he carries 10 weapons with him no one can question him and then he just walked away ! Question remained intact so I'm asking here. After I get hold of BC license what I should have to do to make it work in rwp?

I was going through the MOI ARMS LICENSES THREAD (ALL PAK) by Big Bro Abbas, I read one of his posts which I could't understand well. Maybe anyone here can help me understand it better.

Its the 9th post in the respective thread and it reads as
    "At the end of six months the license does not expire but you have to send it back to MOI for extension in the grace period. Usually the extension given is for one month only and that starts from the day they stamp it again. After the stamping it takes them about 5/6 days to give it back to you so in short with other time wasting you have around 20 days extension.

A better solution is to buy a junk desi gun for around 2-3 thousand and keep it on your license till you find something that you want to buy, just trash the desi one and get whatever you want on the same day. "

Plz tell me does this buying a trash gun for keeping the license alive for the time being also holds for provincial licenses AND what does it mean "just trash the desi one"?

This post is very old one of 2009, i dont know whether it holds for now or not. I thought its an ambiguity to sell a gun, get a new one then get its no. on the license ? Very confusing for me

Bro simply the matter is if you want a completely legal hassle free license of another province you need to prove your legit association with that province. Electric bill etc on your name from that province. Or the best thing you can do is having permanent or temporary address on your cnic of that province. As far as you mentioning Abbas bros post he meant to say was if you get a license and can’t afford to buy a proper gun within 6 months you’re license will be cancelled. Hence you can buy a local gun for 3000 to 10,000 and enter it on your license. And keep it till you can buy a new gun. While buying the new gun the dealer will take the old gun and remove its number from the license and put the new guns number on license. And yes All provinces have 6 months period to enter a gun on it. Other wise its cancelled and then you will have to do what Abbas bro said
    Last edited by khanjee666; 14-02-2018 at 12:15 AM.

@ Pakistanitoup

I would love to BUT I don't have any working reference here. Got some references but they are my elders who don't like weapons . I have tried to initiate small talk about getting a license with a few of them and got the typical questions .... Kya karo gy weapon rakh k AND kis ko marna hy? !!!!!!!
    Your answer shall be. App sabko
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Kpk card type are the most legit ones, but unfortunately the DC has stopped doing so now.....only would be done if you are a Givt servant or a strong refrence......thise who managed to get hold of these are the lucky ones......moving on forward......I think Balochistan lics can be used as an alternative and with reference letter they are much more legit then the back dated Punjab ones.....because in order to get these verified from Home dEpartment Punjab for All Pakistan, it is taking months and month like 8 to ten months.....so go for Balochistan license......I myself will be applying for a 9mm and a .223

Ok. i t is like this.

Forget MOI, they do not exist. Yes they keep saying they will open them, but these statements are just for media consumption. Those who had em are lucky. the rest. pfft.

Moving on to Bal. Well. How the system works is that once you get a bal license, it has to be entered in the local DC office. The DC office wil send the issuing DC office (in Bal) a letter requesting them to verify your lic. The issuing DC will send back a letter that yes so and so lic has been issued by their office to mr. so and so and it is legit.

As for the purchase period. There is no concept of cancellation for book licenses here in Sindh. Or for that matter in bal as well. If you do not buy a weapon within a one month period. the 'purchase period" will expire not the license, per se. You can simply get a fresh purchase period stamp ( typically Rs. 500 to 1000 though a dealer) and get the weapon of your choice as far as book licenses are concerned. I myself acuired a .223 license and permit combo waaaaay back in 2012, and finally put a weapon on it at the end of 2016. My license was empty in the intervening years. After getting a fresh purchase stamp for 1k though a dealer in October 2016.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Checked with a dealer here he is asking an insane price.....35k for a 9mm from Naseerabad......so surprised by it when ED bhai has said that same can be acquired from karachi in 20-25k

20 to 35k is Quetta paper license ( the loooong paper one) Other districts with due verification letters are hovering around 15k or so.

Damn.....that is a huge margin this guy is taking off people.....someone with no knowledge or new to market will for sure go down with the dealers, but aint happening here with me......I will just ask around from other dealers

Many such dealers refuse to give verification letters since the prospective licensee does not even know what that is. Which means they are liable to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    20 to 35k is Quetta paper license ( the loooong paper one) Other districts with due verification letters are hovering around 15k or so.
    AOA Sir can you share the name of dealer i am also planning to get a shotgun license.

Thanks

Wait till general election and hope noon league loses. Than it will bale bale licenses ki barish

Quote Originally Posted by tokrev33 View Post
    AOA Sir can you share the name of dealer i am also planning to get a shotgun license.

Thanks
    I dont trust dealers anymore. After a loong list of dsapoitments. We work with our own people now. After 10 years of running though red tape.. Have to come up with the means to counter the same

@ Nazim Sahib
    Okay bro, Plz tell me how a license is verified? Although I will be getting it through trustworthy person but I don't know much about these matters. I have a few questions in my mind:

1- In a thread related to baluchistan licenses I've read that generally license makers put a baluchistan address on the license for I don't know which purpose & in case of any cross checking since that address points out to be fake, it lands the license owner into trouble. There must be some truth in this because I myself got my driving license from karachi and it had the address of my relative in karachi . In my ID card there are two addresses, one of my rwp city residense, and 2nd of my village residense. Which address should be there on the license ? My father is ex-army personnel and his license is of gilgit. There is our village residence written on that so my thought is that it should be there on my to be license also. What do you say?

2- Is BC license old type i-e booklet form or card type? If its old type do I have to convert that into card type? IF so how?

3- Some days ago I went to GPO to renew my father's license. There was a guy there who was asking the clerk about what's the procedure to register BC license here in rwp and get it renewed. I was unable to listen what he told him because I was called at the very moment. I stopped the guy when he was leaving and asked him about the matter. He seemed to be in a great hurry, first he told me that due to this very reason he is getting demeaned here and there in offices, secondly he bragged that even if he carries 10 weapons with him no one can question him and then he just walked away ! Question remained intact so I'm asking here. After I get hold of BC license what I should have to do to make it work in rwp?
    To get a BAL verified needs to be done from DC Quetta......
    It will be a booklet only.They arent issuing cards for the time being.
    Once you will be issued a BAL license you will have to get an NOC made from quetta and have it taken to your Rawalpindi national bank (pindi if your id card has a pindi adress) and get it renewed annually from there.
    Worrying about your address in quetta is the arms dealers job....so dont worry about it.
    Hope this helped you out
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"