Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Question about importing personal firearms from canada

  1. #1

    Question about importing personal firearms from canada

    AoA
    I plan on moving to Pakistan for 1yr or more. I want to know what is the process of bringing my personal firearms from Canada. Also I want to know what is the process of obtaining firearms license in Pakistan. I plan on moving somewhere in Punjab this time but will travel to Karachi very often.

    Can anyone please tell me the process for obtaining firearms license. I presently have following firearms that I would like to bring with me.

    1. 9mm handgun
    2. Modified SKS
    3. 30-06 Bolt action turkish mauser
    4. 12 ga pump action
    5. 2 22lr bolt action rifles.

    If any one can help me out I will much appreciate it. Also if someone knows a farm house type property in Multan that have available for rent I will appreciate it.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member H Panni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    125
    If you like to do everything by the law then you can apply for 9mm. 12 ga and 22lr license in KP province and all licenses in Balochistan if your domicile is from there. Punjab does not issue any new firearm licenses at this time. Regarding importing it is probably also banned by the government. Armed forces personnel can import 1 handgun but that is irrelevant to you.

  3. #3
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    AoA
    I plan on moving to Pakistan for 1yr or more. I want to know what is the process of bringing my personal firearms from Canada. Also I want to know what is the process of obtaining firearms license in Pakistan. I plan on moving somewhere in Punjab this time but will travel to Karachi very often.

    Can anyone please tell me the process for obtaining firearms license. I presently have following firearms that I would like to bring with me.

    1. 9mm handgun
    2. Modified SKS
    3. 30-06 Bolt action turkish mauser
    4. 12 ga pump action
    5. 2 22lr bolt action rifles.

    If any one can help me out I will much appreciate it. Also if someone knows a farm house type property in Multan that have available for rent I will appreciate it.

    Thanks
    In a nutshell, you cannot do so. the process is so long and ardous to do legelly it may as well not be possible a tall. Unfortunately, Punjab govt, sindh govt, and the Federal government is not issuing licenses at this point in time. (HTis has been the case for years and years on end) If you have a KPK domicile you can get a licenses for all of the above barring the SKS. Or you can get a Baluchistan all pakistan license as well. Irrespective of whichever part of pakiatan you care to settle in.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  4. #4
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    AoA
    I plan on moving to Pakistan for 1yr or more. I want to know what is the process of bringing my personal firearms from Canada. Also I want to know what is the process of obtaining firearms license in Pakistan. I plan on moving somewhere in Punjab this time but will travel to Karachi very often.

    Can anyone please tell me the process for obtaining firearms license. I presently have following firearms that I would like to bring with me.

    1. 9mm handgun
    2. Modified SKS
    3. 30-06 Bolt action turkish mauser
    4. 12 ga pump action
    5. 2 22lr bolt action rifles.

    If any one can help me out I will much appreciate it. Also if someone knows a farm house type property in Multan that have available for rent I will appreciate it.

    Thanks
    very cute query posted by you dear. i wish this was easy but the reality is you just cannot bring them in Pak.
    my advice is, just sell them all, and buy new ones a Pakistan with licences.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  5. #5
    Big & Sexy Moeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Posts
    1,689
    Over 15 years ago, the Canadians passed legislation barring any firearms or its parts from Canada to Pakistan. It still holds true regardless of your primary residence. Even if you were to somehow get them to Pakistan and into Pakistan... How will you explain these firearms to CFO in Canada when you one day decide to surrender your PAL or RPAL. Legally, you must get a ATT from the RCMP. There are sections of category of Authorization To Transport and one of the choices being To transport outside the country and not bringing it back or something to that fact. However, good luck getting that approved.
    Best bet is to contact the Human Rights in your country and claim that your right to own and transport your property is being violated... Maybe they will help - just a thought.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

    \"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

  6. #6
    AoA
    Thank you for your help brothers. Looks like it will be nearly impossible for me to bring my firearms to Pakistan. Now what is a domicile. I left Pakistan about 25+ years ago when I was a teen. About 10 years ago I got my National ID Card. So how do I apply for domicile and also how do I get an all Pakistan firearms license from Balochistan.

    Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    If you like to do everything by the law then you can apply for 9mm. 12 ga and 22lr license in KP province and all licenses in Balochistan if your domicile is from there. Punjab does not issue any new firearm licenses at this time. Regarding importing it is probably also banned by the government. Armed forces personnel can import 1 handgun but that is irrelevant to you.

  7. #7
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,020
    Why, do you even need a domocile anyway? But if you needs must have it then the DC office of your city of birth and residence can get the job done. As for the bal firearms lic. You will have to approach your friendly neighborhood dealer in case you are not a resident of that province.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Ok, I thought I need to have a domicile first before applying for firearms license. Since I am was born in Karachi 4 decades ago, how can apply for an all Pakistan license in balochistan, punjab or even NWFP. I was sold Sindh is no longer issuing license.

  9. #9
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    Ok, I thought I need to have a domicile first before applying for firearms license. Since I am was born in Karachi 4 decades ago, how can apply for an all Pakistan license in balochistan, punjab or even NWFP. I was sold Sindh is no longer issuing license.
    Technically they are not, but of course work never really stops in any govt department. It just gets more expensive during a ban period. However, the Baluchistan government does retain the option of allowing its home department (with the permission of the MOI) to give their lics to people from other provinces.

    The DC office of your area (as per the address on our cnic ) will send a letter requesting verification of your license from the issuing DC office in Baluchistan. they will in turn verify your licenses and send them back a letter declaring your license genuine and issued by their office.

    You carry the license with the verification letter attached. The whole should set you back by about 15k or so max. Unless its a quetta paper license. (one looong sheet of paper, that's it). It will set you back by 20k to 25k or so including verfication letter. (All Karachi rates)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  10. #10
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Technically they are not, but of course work never really stops in any govt department. It just gets more expensive during a ban period. However, the Baluchistan government does retain the option of allowing its home department (with the permission of the MOI) to give their lics to people from other provinces.

    The DC office of your area (as per the address on our cnic ) will send a letter requesting verification of your license from the issuing DC office in Baluchistan. they will in turn verify your licenses and send them back a letter declaring your license genuine and issued by their office.

    You carry the license with the verification letter attached. The whole should set you back by about 15k or so max. Unless its a quetta paper license. (one looong sheet of paper, that's it). It will set you back by 20k to 25k or so including verfication letter. (All Karachi rates)
    Is this 20k or 25k is rate for .223 licence as well.

  11. #11
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Is this 20k or 25k is rate for .223 licence as well.
    To the best of my knowledge, only the home department of the sindh government requires permission letters for conversion to big bore or .223/.222 semi auto licenses
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5
    Hi guys
    i had the same question and raised it earlier in forum. Looks like it is impossible based on answers received but I have watch few hunting movies up loaded on YouTube. The hunters are foreigners and hunting in kalabagh and Sind with their own firearms although the trip was arranged through out fitters.
    Seems that their is a procedure. I have send email to them but no respond yet. If some one know any outfitter in Pakistan might get information from them.
    regards

  13. #13
    Big & Sexy Moeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Posts
    1,689
    Salam All,
    Well, the foreigner was paying lots of money. And the amount they pay... from what I have seen and heard... So if you have and are willing to spend 80lacs +/- on things in Pakistan... I am sure that as long as the money is being spent the red carpet treatment is being given. And its one item - the hunting rifle... not two to three items being bought in...
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

    \"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

  14. #14
    So I found this form online
    https://www.interior.gov.pk/index.ph...-license-forms

    Not sure what to put under police station, as I don't live in Pakistan. I plan on living there soon IA. 80LAC sounds too much. If its 80K I can understand but who will pay 80LAC for a license. If they 80LAC they should move to Canada or States and own as many guns they like .

    Just kidding Pakistan zindabaad.

  15. #15
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,140
    This form is currently useless as no licence are being issued by MOI
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  16. #16
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    So I found this form online
    https://www.interior.gov.pk/index.ph...-license-forms

    Not sure what to put under police station, as I don't live in Pakistan. I plan on living there soon IA. 80LAC sounds too much. If its 80K I can understand but who will pay 80LAC for a license. If they 80LAC they should move to Canada or States and own as many guns they like .

    Just kidding Pakistan zindabaad.
    80lac is for a permit to hunt an animal. its basically a hunting permit. As for the fresh license form. its functionally useless since MOi has long since stopped issuing fresh lics anyway
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  17. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Moeen! It is value able advise.
    Regards

  18. #18
    what kind license do I need 22lr or 22 magnum. I read somewhere that 22lr is non prohibited round what does that means

  19. #19
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    what kind license do I need 22lr or 22 magnum. I read somewhere that 22lr is non prohibited round what does that means
    .22 licence is easy to get.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  20. #20
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    what kind license do I need 22lr or 22 magnum. I read somewhere that 22lr is non prohibited round what does that means
    .22lr comes in the non pronibited bore catagory. I .e it is a category in which you are not prohibited to acquire a licence. Typically .22lr is npb in bolt action rifles, in semi auto rifles, in pistols and in revolvers. However, it is classified as PB ( prohibited bore) if it is a full auto weapon. In fact all full auto firearms are PB.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •