Thread: When Breeding Season Starts ??

Unhappy When Breeding Season Starts ??

Hi.

can any body tell me when breeding season starts and for how long it stays in Pakistan.

One of my friend told me it starts from mid of Feb and continues till Mid of Oct. is it true ?...it seems to long...we can not hund doves during this long period. Hmmm.....?

Plz. Comments............

Breeding season of what kind of dove ?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nature View Post
    Hi.

can any body tell me when breeding season starts and for how long it stays in Pakistan.

One of my friend told me it starts from mid of Feb and continues till Mid of Oct. is it true ?...it seems to long...we can not hund doves during this long period. Hmmm.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Breeding season of what kind of dove ?
    The Dove which are commonly available in Pakistan........ I think they are same everywhere. isn't it ?

Local game bird dove (qumri) is closely related to feral pigeon. It does not migrate and can be a pest. The migratory Eurasian dove comes south to breed. Local game wardens can further enlighten. For best game experience, use air-gun for perching bird and shotgun for flying.

Laughing dove: Breeds from mid spring to mid summer and is found throughout Pakistan. It is a resident non migratory dove.
    Name:  Laughing_dove_(Spilopelia_senegalensis_cambayensis).jpg
Views: 581
Size:  78.7 KB

Eurasian Collared dove: Can breed throughout the year if weather is not extreme (it avoids breeding in cold winters) and food is plentiful. It is resident non migratory.
    Name:  Eurasian_collared-dove_(Streptopelia_decaocto).jpg
Views: 520
Size:  50.8 KB

Oriental Turtle Dove: It is a migratory dove passing through Pakistan in March-may (migrating north) and September-October migrating south towards India. It does not breed in most of Pakistan. Some stay in Northern region to breed in mid-late summer.
    Name:  Oriental turtle dove - Streptopelia orientalis2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  45.9 KB

Spotted Dove: Resident non migratory, found throughout Pakistan and breeds throughout Summer.
    Name:  Spotted_dove_(Spilopelia_chinensis_suratensis).jpg
Views: 436
Size:  65.9 KB

As to your question about exceedingly long breeding season, Doves are known to raise multiple broods through the breading season. one brood takes on average 28-31 Days from laying to the young ones being able to fly away. Some doves are known to raise 6 broods consecutively in the same nest.

Hope this helps and you appreciate the answer.

Blog Entries
    Very informative thread; thanks H Pani brother for elaborating in such a detailed way.
    Thread moved to proper section (Hunting).
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Really Great Job. ( H.PANNI)
    Thanks for providing such a nice information.

Vary informative for many thanks bro.
    -------It,s Always Better To Have A Gun And Not Need It.Then Need A Gun And Not Have It.------

Quote Originally Posted by The Nature View Post
    Hi.

none migratory doves from mid Feb or end Feb to end october and migratory Doves comes once in march April and in september.basically it,s all depend where you live because the arrives in different time in different areas as the move on.
    -------It,s Always Better To Have A Gun And Not Need It.Then Need A Gun And Not Have It.------