Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PX-3 copy by Moon Star Arms Company

Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    these companies have no quality certification what so ever.....can you check if the barrel is really made up of 40/41 steel? If you are tight on budget then go for Daudsons Trushoot, they are a iso certified company and supply to the govt as well, better then the local clones...
    I think we are comparing apples and oranges , I was referring to , only local made beretta clone with original barrel and magazines

@ TsAr @ takenleader
    Buy a Trushot from DSA factory. Take one or two boxes of POF 1Z with you. Get it zeroed in for aim at DSA factory and test for reliability. It is the best deal in present circumstances.
    In April 2019, I took my friend to Peshawar. CF98 was Rs.105K and Sarsilmaz Kilink Mega Rs.130K. For a difference of Rs.25K,
    I recommended Kilink. We have already shot 300 POF (GFL & 1Z), and my friend is ever grateful !

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    @ TsAr @ takenleader
    Buy a Trushot from DSA factory. Take one or two boxes of POF 1Z with you. Get it zeroed in for aim at DSA factory and test for reliability. It is the best deal in present circumstances.
    In April 2019, I took my friend to Peshawar. CF98 was Rs.105K and Sarsilmaz Kilink Mega Rs.130K. For a difference of Rs.25K,
    I recommended Kilink. We have already shot 300 POF (GFL & 1Z), and my friend is ever grateful !
    I agree with your point on Trushot, its the best budget option available in the market...CF98 is now going for 140k and Turkish are above 200k insane prices....

Quote Originally Posted by tokrev33 View Post
    Moonstar arms claim to use 41/40 barrel in their pistols any member have any idea, does good barrel , firing pin is sufficient to use a pistol as self defence please advise as per my limited knowledge learned from Youtube mostly a good local clone cost around 30k will it worth a try. Moreover they claim their fs92 pistol to be 100% interchangable with original parts.
    Every1 in Pak making clones are claiming to be using the best material, cheapest prices, 100% reliability and min 2 years to a life time warrenties, but as per my personal past experiences the chances of a problem or problems/ issues with local clones are 99%. I once bought 4 different clones, 3 gave me issues straight away while testing them. 1 is still with me at home am using it as a decoration piece or visual deterrent. A CF-98 clone by Asia Arms bought for 16K in 2010, it looked so nice I didn't even bother checking it thinking it should be ok, unboxed/ tested it 2 years later n it fired hardly 5 rounds in 5 attempts, because I tested it 2 years later, no exchange or refund was offered by the dealer. 16k gone down the drain. It was my mistake or may be lack of knowledge and experience in the weapon game those days otherwise they had put an Original CF-98 NIB in front of when I was buying the clone, asking 29K before bargaining, I should have bought that instead.

More recently I bought 2 B&B TT's for some friends both are giving extractor issues, so again we have to waist a full day and fuel (while theres currently a fuel shortage) n go to Peshawar to sort those out. Even the Trueshot Magz are giving me issues. I was sat inside the Moon Star office once, I noticed nothing but a complaint walking in every 30 minutes, unhappy customers mainly from Punjab. Most locals are a hit & miss. Including the local ammo. These so called 40/41 material and lifetime warrenty claims are like the insurance companies promises. And these are the least or minimal issues to expect. There have been slightly more serious issues, like the de-cocker still hitting the firing pin when the gun is de-cocked firing a round, guns/ barrels blowing up injuring people.
    Last edited by MK47; 11-06-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Every1 in Pak making clones are claiming to be using the best material, cheapest prices, 100% reliability and min 2 years to a life time warrenties, but as per my personal past experiences the chances of a problem or problems/ issues with local clones are 99%. I once bought 4 different clones, 3 gave me issues straight away while testing them. 1 is still with me at home am using it as a decoration piece or visual deterrent. A CF-98 clone by Asia Arms bought for 16K in 2010, it looked so nice I didn't even bother checking it thinking it should be ok, unboxed/ tested it 2 years later n it fired hardly 5 rounds in 5 attempts, because I tested it 2 years later, no exchange or refund was offered by the dealer. 16k gone down the drain. It was my mistake or may be lack of knowledge and experience in the weapon game those days otherwise they had put an Original CF-98 NIB in front of when I was buying the clone, asking 29K before bargaining, I should have bought that instead.

More recently I bought 2 B&B TT's for some friends both are giving extractor issues, so again we have to waist a full day and fuel (while theres currently a fuel shortage) n go to Peshawar to sort those out. Even the Trueshot Magz are giving me issues. I was sat inside the Moon Star office once, I noticed nothing but a complaint walking in every 30 minutes, unhappy customers mainly from Punjab. Most locals are a hit & miss. Including the local ammo. These so called 40/41 material and lifetime warrenty claims are like the insurance companies promises. And these are the least or minimal issues to expect. There have been slightly more serious issues, like the de-cocker still hitting the firing pin when the gun is de-cocked firing a round, guns/ barrels blowing up injuring people.
    Bahi phir ab kerein kya
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

TsAr brother unfortunately i am unable to get hands on a Trushot as it is not available in Karachi any how i shall wait and save few more to get a used imported pistol

Quote Originally Posted by tokrev33 View Post
    TsAr brother unfortunately i am unable to get hands on a Trushot as it is not available in Karachi any how i shall wait and save few more to get a used imported pistol
    Rates are high in Karachi, you can call DSA and ask them about their dealer in karachi or else you would have to come to peshawar...

Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    Rates are high in Karachi, you can call DSA and ask them about their dealer in karachi or else you would have to come to peshawar...
    to visit Peshawar i have to convert my Sindh license to all Pakistan further traveling to Peshawar in the time of Pandemic is not a wise choice may be i ll look for option 1 thanks for advise

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Bahi phir ab kerein kya
    Good question bro. One can either fork out min 150K or above for reliability, 2nd option risk a local copy or just stick to dua and Ayat ul Kursi only.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I am afraid that the DSA I tried was not accurate at all. At first i thought that it was me. But than the good Genius maniac, the good 35 and the good Deathrow tried it out as well.

My suggestion; switch to .32 acp. At least imported guns and ammo is available at an affordable price. Old .32 pistols start at 25k to 125k or so and ammo is 100 to 150 for china and SNB ( pre lockdown karachi rates)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I am afraid that the DSA I tried was not accurate at all. At first i thought that it was me. But than the good Genius maniac, the good 35 and the good Deathrow tried it out as well.

My suggestion; switch to .32 acp. At least imported guns and ammo is available at an affordable price. Old .32 pistols start at 25k to 125k or so and ammo is 100 to 150 for china and SNB ( pre lockdown karachi rates)
    Brilliant piece of advise sir thanks a lot i will visit lucky start in a day and two and look for .32 acp

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post

ED bhai the gun ran smooth. But sights are not aligned properly out of factory. The gun grouped well at 10M. Not so much at 15 and 25M which can be due to barrel length of the Trushot. My recommendation would be to get B6 minimum. If one cant afford it then they should go for the Trushot but they should shoot and fire at DSA factory and have them align the sights on site. But its not a viable option for everyone. You'll have to spend precious ammo which will add to the cost of the firearm. And not everyone can shoot straight due to various flinching and recoil anticipation issues, so that has its own drawbacks.
    Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.I Pray The Lord You Do Not Creep
    If You Should Die Because I Wake.I'll Explain It To The Judge
    Make No Mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by geniusmaniac View Post
    ED bhai the gun ran smooth. But sights are not aligned properly out of factory. The gun grouped well at 10M. Not so much at 15 and 25M which can be due to barrel length of the Trushot. My recommendation would be to get B6 minimum. If one cant afford it then they should go for the Trushot but they should shoot and fire at DSA factory and have them align the sights on site. But its not a viable option for everyone. You'll have to spend precious ammo which will add to the cost of the firearm. And not everyone can shoot straight due to various flinching and recoil anticipation issues, so that has its own drawbacks.
    I think we need to communicate the feedback to DSA. They should improve in this domain, they may use bore sighters as well. That will reduce ammo cost on zeroing
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos