Thread: Gamo Shadow 1000 .22

Gamo Shadow 1000 .22

Bought Gamo Shadow 1000 .22 from Outdoor Adventures Lahore for 14K.
    Later found out that this model is being sold by other dealer for 12K max

Any way let bygone be bygone.
    Now I want to add scope to it.
    Outdoor guy was quoting 10K for scope only, plus some Ks extra for mounts etc.
    I would have bought the scope from him as well but feeling being ripped off, want to try someone else.
    Any suggestion which scope and mounts to go for Gamo Shadow 1000 .22 and from where ?

Congratulations for your purchase dear!
    I have been hanging with the same dealer on chat for purchase of a quality scope HAWKE ENDURANCE 30 SF 6-24X 50 Model NO. 16261 which they quoted for Rs.58,000
    30mm weaver mounts - Hawke @ 4500 and Fx @ 8500 ...... The over all package was offered was Rs.65,000/- but .... I am in Peshawar and the problems is physical inspection of the items for quality assurance.....
    Last edited by Khalil; 13-11-2017 at 04:09 PM.

@Khalil

Thanks.
    I am just a Rookie,
    the scopes you mentioned seem to be of high end,
    certainly not for beginner like me.

Wish you best in your deal.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunstudent View Post
    Bought Gamo Shadow 1000 .22 from Outdoor Adventures Lahore for 14K.
    Any suggestion which scope and mounts to go for Gamo Shadow 1000 .22 and from where ?
    There are few other dealers on airgun club of pakistan FB page, have good reputation. And for scope 3-9 40 centerpoint seems a good option for you
    4500 with mounts. Default mounts bears the Shadow 1000 recoil easily.

I have bought many items from Mr Arsalan Khan a very good guy but don't like his slow shipping method.

Salam All,
    Airgun student bro, dont feel bad abt 2k, the problem is that these dealers get equipment from different sources and prices may vary a bit.
    Now the scope ure looking for....I would highly recommend the Centerpoint 4-16x40 aoir scope. This is widely available, for around 5500 to 6000, add another 1000 or so for mounts, and you're set to go.I have used this scope for over 4 years now, on my D34 and when I shifted it to the D52 the IR knob started getting loose, which I tightened myself and it still served me on my 34 till I recently got a lighter hawke 2-7x32 aoir. The scope is still with me and has served me very well.
    Khalil bro.....hope you.re well. The scope that you mention is a great scope, but I would not opt for it on a centerfire rifle. The scopes used on centerfire have fixed paralax settings, and the side focus on the scope u mention, has no practicality as its meant for airguns whose range is usually within hundred yards and so u need to focus. In your application, this side focus will only add weight to your scope, and it has more moving parts, hence more things that MIGHT go wrong. Please try to find a fix paralax scope meant for centerfires. If you want something that wont break the bank, till you find the quality scope youre looking for....then the cp I mentioned to airgunstudent will serve u till u find something worth investing so much money in. Also, the fx mounts you mention are for pcp airguns....not recommended for centerfires.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Thanks Kamranwali for the Advice..... but the problem is where to find such a good scope without physical inspection. Any other alternate in a budgetary package and easy availability?

Thanks @Civilian and @Kamranwali,
    I'll check out both 3-9 40 centerpoint and Centerpoint 4-16x40.

Salams,
    Khali bro, I gave you the option.....centerpoint scopes dont cost that much and can take a serious beating..... you can go for the 3-9x40 as it is pretty light weight and has no AO. You can use it as a beater scope till you find something better. And it is very budget friendly. If you want more magnification, then the 4-16, but that has AO and that makes it quite heavy. UTG Scopes are also available. Both these scopes can take a good beating, and are strong and robust.
    Airgunstudent, i'd recommend you get a scope with AO(adjustable objective) so that you can focus down to airgun ranges. The 3-9x40 doesnt have that....only the 4-16 does.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunstudent View Post
    Thanks @Civilian and @Kamranwali,
    I'll check out both 3-9 40 centerpoint and Centerpoint 4-16x40.
    There are two versions of Ceter Point scope with some cosmatic("New" on packing) difference but some dealer haver CP 4-16x40 without mounts. I think It would be good before buying ask them for Picture.

e.g.
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-11-16 at 12.26.38 PM.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  48.1 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2017-11-16 at 11.54.37 AM.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  102.2 KB

not sure about the actual diffrence, may be someone on PG knows and guide you.

I have had plenty of Experience with both. Kindly go for the one with CP written on the turret and not Center Point....
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Thanks @Civilian and @Deathrow,
    will keep that in mind while making the purchase.

Nice Scope dear

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    I have had plenty of Experience with both. Kindly go for the one with CP written on the turret and not Center Point....
    Is it fake or old version?? the Center Point one

Salam All,
    I own the one with CP written on it... dont have experience with the other one. Its a very good scope, albeit heavy.... I think it'll make a good combo with the light weight shadow.
    Deathrow bro are the reticles different on them, and what abt build quality. Coz the CP one is very tough.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilian View Post
    Is it fake or old version?? the Center Point one
    they are both fake and copies..One happens to be a better clone as compared to the other

Quote Originally Posted by Kamranwali View Post
    Salam All,
    I own the one with CP written on it... dont have experience with the other one. Its a very good scope, albeit heavy.... I think it'll make a good combo with the light weight shadow.
    Deathrow bro are the reticles different on them, and what abt build quality. Coz the CP one is very tough.

Regards.
    reticles are different and so is the design and built quality including the turrets. As per my observation, the one with center point written on its turret is far inferior in built quality as compared to the other one