Thread: Hunting- Laws, Process and Stuff...

Lightbulb Hunting- Laws, Process and Stuff...

Hello people!

I wish to know about the hunting laws that Pakistan has, in regards to almost everything, from times and seasons to what is legal to hunt and how one goes about doing it.
    I also wish to know if a license etc is required, and how one can get it.

There is another her peculiar question I have:
    Are bows and arrows legal in Pakistan?
    I wish to get into bow hunting, so let me know if it is legal to hunt using bows and arrows and what does the law say about that.

In short, tell me everything.😁

Dear Asad Javed,

Every province of Pakistan have its own rules and regulations, every year notifications issued by the concern department for hunting season, you have to get license for hunting. I am from Punjab and can share about punjab. Every distt. have an office and distt. officer issue the license for hunting. Bows and arrow came under shooting license you can use it according to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjum05 View Post
    Dear Asad Javed,

Every province of Pakistan have its own rules and regulations, every year notifications issued by the concern department for hunting season, you have to get license for hunting. I am from Punjab and can share about punjab. Every distt. have an office and distt. officer issue the license for hunting. Bows and arrow came under shooting license you can use it according to my knowledge.
    So I need a license for my bow and arrow? Like for a forearm? Or only a license that allows me to hunt with it?
    Also, could you tell me more about the times that one can get that license and how one applied for it? Is there an online form etc?

Dear Asad Javeed,

It will be a shooting license, you can hunt with airgun, shotgun or arrow. You just go to any distt. wild life office apply for shooting license, take your CNIC with you. They provide you chalan form which you have to pay in said bank of Rs. 2000 + 350 (round about). It will take 2 to 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    So I need a license for my bow and arrow? Like for a forearm? Or only a license that allows me to hunt with it?
    Also, could you tell me more about the times that one can get that license and how one applied for it? Is there an online form etc?

Dear Asad Javeed,

It will be a shooting license, you can hunt with airgun, shotgun or arrow. You just go to any distt. wild life office apply for shooting license, take your CNIC with you. They provide you chalan form which you have to pay in said bank of Rs. 2000 + 350 (round about). It will take 2 to 3 days
    Well, thank you so much Anjum05. The help really means a lot.
    I have one last question now:

From what I understand currently, I DO NOT require a license for just possession of a bow and arrow, unlike how I would require one for possessing a gun. I just require a license from the wildlife office in my district, which will be a hunting license. Am I correct?

Now, from what I understand, I also do not require a license for the possession of a sword or knife. But, I do require a valid permission slip or a MOI for the import of the sword and knife.
    If I wish to import a bow and arrow set (since I donít think there are traditional recurves here, and one would require that for hunting if one does not use a compound bow), what would the process be?

Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    Well, thank you so much Anjum05. The help really means a lot.
    I have one last question now:

From what I understand currently, I DO NOT require a license for just possession of a bow and arrow, unlike how I would require one for possessing a gun. I just require a license from the wildlife office in my district, which will be a hunting license. Am I correct?

Now, from what I understand, I also do not require a license for the possession of a sword or knife. But, I do require a valid permission slip or a MOI for the import of the sword and knife.
    If I wish to import a bow and arrow set (since I donít think there are traditional recurves here, and one would require that for hunting if one does not use a compound bow), what would the process be?
    Dear Asad Javeed,

According for Pakistan rules and regulation, you can purchase and hold airgun and bow without any license. Please keep both things separate, 1st one is shooting (Hunting) license and second weapon license.

Hunting Types,

Shooting
    Netting
    With Falcon and all other birds
    With Dog
    and many more

Sword and knife also have license but start from a decided length. Bow and arrows also available in Lahore, Pakistan

Blog Entries
    Bows and Arrows falles under the definition of "Arms" acroding to Arms Ordinance 1965...
    section 3:
    (b) “arms” includes– (i) cannon;
    (ii) firearms of all types, such as light and heavy automatic and semi-automatic weapons, rifles, carbines, muskets, shotguns (whether single or double barrelled), revolvers, pistols and appliances the object of which is the silencing of fire arms;
    [5][(iii) air pistols, bayonets, swords, sword-sticks, daggers, knives with blades of four inches or more (but not kitchen knives or knives used in good faith for the carrying on of a profession), and flick-knives irrespective of the blade;]
    (iv) knuckle-dusters, spears, spear-heads, bows and arrows and parts of arms;
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

Blog Entries
    Dear Asad Javeed,

According for Pakistan rules and regulation, you can purchase and hold airgun and bow without any license. Please keep both things separate, 1st one is shooting (Hunting) license and second weapon license.

Hunting Types,

Shooting
    Netting
    With Falcon and all other birds
    With Dog
    and many more

Sword and knife also have license but start from a decided length. Bow and arrows also available in Lahore, Pakistan
    Netting (for birds) is not legal .
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

AoA all,

Dear Mr AJ,please get your Bow and arrows through post parcel in any CLUB's name.
    Like there is a gentleman Mr Momin Saggu in Islamabad,who regularly imports ARCHERY
    equipment for "TARGET ARCHERY" ,so obviously he doesn't import (HUNTING CARBON SHAFTS)
    with (BROAD HEADS).Momin is a nice guy,find his link on FB by the name of (MOMENTUM ARCHERY).

So, you have to get BARE SHAFTS and separate (INSERTS & BROAD HEADS).Your shipper must never
    declare that, he has packed (HUNTING BROAD HEADS) in that parcel.

I would suggest,go for a (Compound Bow) HOYT,PSE OR MARTIN with adjustable modules for
    (Draw lengths) and maximum adjust ability in DRAW WEIGHTS.Long Bows are too messy in the
    bushes or Blinds.

+1 for Mr Momin Saggu of Momentum Archery. True gentleman and committed to advancement of competitive archery in Pakistan. He also competes professionally.