Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The First Proper Review of the NP42 Mini on Planet Earth

Rookie

Unhappy Range Day with the Mini (An amateur's day out)

Visited ASCC today to test out the mini. Fired 6 groups of 5 rounds each at 15 meters. And managed to only get the following hits, keeping in consideration that I'm not an expert shot and shot the mini first time.

Name:  20210823_020524.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  49.4 KB

The small and light frame makes it harder to hold on to. Although some groups were better than others, it wasn't very pleasurable to shoot. I also shot my stoeger cougar on another target and got better hits, mainly due to it's larger/more ergonomic grip and heavier frame. The recoil on the mini is sharp and it is difficult to take quick follow up shots. I really salute Brother Deathrow for his awesome groups with his mini.

I used a mix of Chinese 311 and ZOL Turkaye ammo (124gr Green Primer). Out of all shots fired, I got no FTF or FTE. The gun worked flawlessly.

All in all, the mini is a bit hard to hit with due to the heavy recoil. But with practice you can overcome it and the mini can be a very good self-defense/CC weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The first rule of a gunfight. HAVE A GUN
    The first rule of everyday carry. CARRY

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shah1 View Post
    Well my experience with him hasn't been that bad. Yes, he is a bit expensive and I always have to do a fair share of negotiation. But the good thing about the guy is that he is honest. If it's a copy he will say so even if it is really good and not easily recognisable. (Ofcourse an expert can recognize it). Similarly he is really into keeping everything legal and by the books. Even if something is in the grey area, he asks to avoid it.

As for the License and stuff, he usually doesn't do it just because of the hassle of it. But I got my license, carry permit and entries/conversions done by him, even this time around. Maybe I have dealt with him enough that he does it for me, ofcourse he charges for it. Also, the arms business hasn't been going that well these days to compare with 2012/13. There are very few buyers now and they need a one-stop solution. I think the guy has realized that and so has started to provide other services (jugar as we say it) as well.

You may disagree with my opinion but again it's just my opinion.
    Mine was nearly ten years ago bro. It doesn't count anymore. I visited lucky star after a few months. The place seems to have changed a lot. There are so many new arms shops there that I had never seen before. And all of them seem very busy. I felt a bit out of place. I left.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

And first time I shot the mini. I had probebly worse groups. She takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get used to it, you will be fine.

Just run a few mags though her and you will tighten up your groups.

Yes, it is not an easy gun to shoot. Sub compacts are not made to be target guns. First time I ever shot a sub compact (Taurus 709), it belonged to fellow member 84.

I... I hit the ground at 15 yards.

You can at least get all your shots into a man sized target at 15. THat is good enough, and it will only get better bro.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Karar View Post

Brother Give us some comparison size with np42 mini and np42 standard and Makrov
    For those who wanted to see the NP 42 Mini and Makarov together.

Name:  Screenshot_20210903-151141_Gallery.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  50.4 KB

They are almost the same in size. The mak is a bit slimmer and heavier.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    And first time I shot the mini. I had probebly worse groups. She takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get used to it, you will be fine.

Just run a few mags though her and you will tighten up your groups.

Yes, it is not an easy gun to shoot. Sub compacts are not made to be target guns. First time I ever shot a sub compact (Taurus 709), it belonged to fellow member 84.

I... I hit the ground at 15 yards.

You can at least get all your shots into a man sized target at 15. THat is good enough, and it will only get better bro.
    Thanks. I'm planning to visit ASCC again this Sunday. Would love to meet some fellow members as well.

I would prefer an East German Makarov or Czech CZ82 any day, if I had to choose a 9x18 pistol. Both are extremely reliable and the CZ is unbelievably accurate. Can you get CZ82s in Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I would prefer an East German Makarov or Czech CZ82 any day, if I had to choose a 9x18 pistol. Both are extremely reliable and the CZ is unbelievably accurate. Can you get CZ82s in Pakistan?
    In Pakistan Russian makrovs are the only option in 9x18.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    CZ82's aren't available in Pakistan. However, there is a double stack version of Russian makarov by name MP-442. But I don't think it would be as good as a CZ82 or an original East German mak.
    Last edited by Shah1; 04-09-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shah1 View Post
    Thanks. I'm planning to visit ASCC again this Sunday. Would love to meet some fellow members as well.
    We were supposed to go this Sunday. But I got busy, so we postponed it to next week.

I love the Makarov.. like literally and totally! Its the sweetest shooting pistol I ever shot. And I shot it more accurately than any other handgun I have ever owned. The one I shot was a Soviet model and it belonged to fellow member Skywatcher.

It inspired me. I will now get a Mak as well.

Plus ammo. Both hollow points and FMJs is abundantly available and much much cheaper than 9x19 ammo.