Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Proper Review of the NP42 Mini on Planet Earth

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Great range review and very practical way to test the gun before carrying it for the unseen. Waisay Deathrow bro you really made me missing 'The Rami' I once had but sold in pursuit of long guns
    For conceal carry.. There aint nothing like a sub compact at all. Espacialy if you want to make it part of your life danny bhai
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Awesome review Deatrow. and some really great shooting as well. For the conceal carry lifestyle the NP 42 mini has few eaquals and hardly any superiors (and non in the under 100k price range)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

@khan tanoli... Thank you so much, The group spread vertically was within 4 inches and 3 inches horizontally and I am pretty sure that this weapons can shoot even better..

@Stealth, totally agreed, best buy in the market today for conceal carry purposes... Its a contemporary design, reliable and accurate.

@FA226 and Denovo87, again thanks for your kind words fellas...some people have been complaining about just the 7 round capacity of the Np42-mini... well you can always carry the second mag and thats what I have been doing. Since the mags are so tiny, its totally not a bother to carry a spare mag...

Just wish if there were spare mags available for the Np42-mini. I would like to have 3 to 4 mags in total for this platform.

@ED, thanks bro... Next time we go together to range and try a few more things. I want to compare the bullet penetration of Np42 mini vs. the kilinc 2000
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

As a hard core 7 shot revolver carrier.. it is my firm belief that 7 is good. it is. Meanwhile as I keep repeating the 7 you have with you when you really need it is a whole lot better than the 17+1 one you left at home cause it was too heavy and bulky to carry comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    As a hard core 7 shot revolver carrier.. it is my firm belief that 7 is good. it is. Meanwhile as I keep repeating the 7 you have with you when you really need it is a whole lot better than the 17+1 one you left at home cause it was too heavy and bulky to carry comfortably.
    Totally agreed ED, 7 in hand is better than 17 at home...

Salam All,
    Sweet shooting, Deathrow bro. You are an excellent shot, that too with a new handgun....

Agreed on the capacity thing, a conceal carry gun has to be thin and light, hence the low capacity. Also, a single stack mag is always more reliable than double stack one with respect to the mag lips alignment.

And I think if you're unable to find mags, you can have them made by some local manufacturers.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamranwali View Post
    Salam All,
    Sweet shooting, Deathrow bro. You are an excellent shot, that too with a new handgun....

Agreed on the capacity thing, a conceal carry gun has to be thin and light, hence the low capacity. Also, a single stack mag is always more reliable than double stack one with respect to the mag lips alignment.

And I think if you're unable to find mags, you can have them made by some local manufacturers.

Regards.
    Kamranwali, thanks for the appreciation. Totally correct about the feeding reliability of single stack magazines. Next in line I have a holster requirement in my list. Might opt for a Kydex IWB holster.

Deathrow congratulations. A real nicely explained background leading to the purchase of this mini-42. May it serve you long. I had been considering this handgun an year ago, but somehow couldn't finalize. Single stack magazine makes it sleeker but then compromise on bullet numbers. whats is the height of this handgun?
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

@Ameer, Thanks, Sorry I forgot to mention the height of the weapon. Its 125mm or 4.9 inches... and like I said, 7 rounds in hand are better than the 17 at home... this is the kind of gun you can live with...and you can always carry 2 mags...if you face a self defense situation where you might need more than 7 rounds, then you will also find room for a magazine switch, ofcourse you will have to practice for it...but its a big might...

The size of NP42-mini is excellent. Tiny and slim enough for easy carry, yet all my fingers fit on the grip..

Very detailed review sir and on top of that no Ftf or FTE even with hollow points is quite good. And about spare magz I wouldn't be worried as I have seen my uncle carry a Chinese TT since 1993 and he has always used the magz that came with it without any trouble. All in all it seems like a great conceal carry weapon in a tight budget.

Rightly said arsalbutt0101 bhai. WIht Sky rocketing prices therse day. This is value for money. Yes it is tough to live wiht a 7+1 cap. But then, this weapon has the capability of becoming an extension of you. Like your mobile phone or watch. With other guns, I have to figure out what clothes I have to wear to hide the weapon's print

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    like I said, 7 rounds in hand are better than the 17 at home

The size of NP42-mini is excellent. Tiny and slim enough for easy carry, yet all my fingers fit on the grip..
    Agreed with the above, and moreover in this price, hard to find a replacement either. Rest beautifully explained in your review. regards
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Size Comparison

Now that we are convinced with the performance of the NP42-mini, next very important factor is.....exactly how small or big this pistol is...because the whole idea of compromising on firing power and barrel length is to have a pistol that one can literally live with...

For that purpose, I am going to do two things....

1. Comparison of Specifications

Below is a chart that exhibits the specs comparison of few of the most common preferences of Conceal Carry Pistols in Pakistan. This should give a fair idea about the exact size of the NP-42 mini

Name:  Spec Comparison.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  53.1 KB

2. A Visual Reference

Below are some pictures for comparing the size of the Np4-mini with the full frame Kilinc 2000 from multiple angles:

Name:  20170415_162437.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  94.3 KB

Name:  20170415_162523.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  74.2 KB

So the jump to the conclusions, this is going to be easier to carry as compared to the favorite of many, the makarov and those who have been carrying the 709 will hardly have trouble adjusting to a bit heavier and bulkier NP42-mini..

Bro this Kilinc 2000 is a beautiful animal.

FA226, The kilinc 2000 is a beautiful weapon... its an all steel beast

FA226, The kilinc 2000 is a beautiful weapon... its an all steel beast
    I love steel frame guns .in my cz75 i have no plastic leaft i have golden brass grips instead of rubber so its all matel now but weight is 1200 grams plus now.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I love steel frame guns .in my cz75 i have no plastic leaft i have golden brass grips instead of rubber so its all matel now but weight is 1200 grams plus now.
    wow...some pictures would be nice...

wow...some pictures would be nice...
    Bro i have shared the pics on the forum before.
    But have sent it to your whats app now.

I loved the back grip serration on compact cf98 that how it is located just beneath and close to beavertail ...

Since the mak was the service pistol and side arm of most of the Red army as well as the entire Soviet block, it was supposed to serve as an open carry weapon. The Np 42 mini has a barrel only .2 inches smaller. And that is a good thing, it is.