Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Importing a newly bought gun/s...

  1. #1

    Talking Importing a newly bought gun/s...

    Hey people!
    Just came to the forum and decided to just rush things. So, here's my first thread asking for help. This is the real reason of joining the forum, and I guess based on the responses, I might stay and share my experiences or keep looking...

    Hope this is the start of a joyful adventure though..👍


    Question:
    I have recently been interested in buying a custom NightHawk etc made gun/s. However, they can only export it from the U.S and I can't really find out if I can even import the guns I plan on buying.
    To cut things short, can I have a manufacturer export a gun from the U.S. to Pakistan in my name, provided I order from Pakistan?
    How do I do it?
    I tried asking a few local authorities but am yet to get a concrete answer.


    All help appreciated!

  2. #2
    No Unfortunately you can NOT unless you are a senior military or law enforcement official serving in Pakistan. Even then one has to go through a govt channel or process. US gunshops do not ship outside USA never mind guns not even a lot of accessories in most cases I.e Magz etc. I contacted Aimsurplus.com regarding placing an order in 2010 they got in touch stating they do not ship outside US but they did advise that the only way they will ship it to me in Pak is if I know an exporter in US who ships to an Importer in Pakistan then they will ship my order to that exporter within the US who will then ship it to their client importer in Pakistan and then I get it from them, during this I will be liable to pay for all the related shipment fees, forms, govt tax, duties, importer/exporter costs etc from wherever to whoever it went to, long story short it was not time or cost effective. Plus even if does get to Pak then the importer can charge you whatever they want as legally it belongs to them in documents.

    Do you have weapon license in Pak yet?
    Last edited by MK47; 08-09-2017 at 08:57 PM.

  3. #3
    Thanks @mk47!
    If I want to buy quality guns in Pakistan, where should one aim for? I want original guns, not local made or the copies.

  4. #4
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    Thanks @mk47!
    If I want to buy quality guns in Pakistan, where should one aim for? I want original guns, not local made or the copies.
    Depends on the city you reside in. Copies are good but not good enough to fool anyone with even rudimentary knowledge of 'contemporary' firearms. (Unless its a TT. No way can I distinguish from the original and the copy) I saw an amazing G17 Plock. made by the good people at (MSA Moonstar arms) Looked fine, shot fine, barrel was amazing. But the printing was local through and through.

    Similarly the PT 92 and hte beretas have been copied extensively. But again. it is possible to figure out the local and hte originals. A peek at the interals should suffice.

    Most dealers i know inform us as to the antecedents of their weapons.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  5. #5
    Expert Member fezan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,512
    No you cannot import on your own.

    No importer/dearler can import for you because Ngovt didn't issue any commercial import permits since 2014

    An importer/dealer can import for you if you have an individual import permit. Usually issued to govt/milt officers (grd17+). For this you have to have very good relations with the dearler/importer

    Almost all types of guns are available in Pakistan. Depends upon city market. BUT you have to pay a premium.

    Example: A glock can be imported around 150k. If you buy it from the market, it's 350k. Hence you are paying a premium of 200k
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    No you cannot import on your own.

    No importer/dearler can import for you because Ngovt didn't issue any commercial import permits since 2014

    An importer/dealer can import for you if you have an individual import permit. Usually issued to govt/milt officers (grd17+). For this you have to have very good relations with the dearler/importer

    Almost all types of guns are available in Pakistan. Depends upon city market. BUT you have to pay a premium.

    Example: A glock can be imported around 150k. If you buy it from the market, it's 350k. Hence you are paying a premium of 200k

    Well, good people, I reside an hour away from Islamabad, in Wah Cantt near to the Taxilla region.

    And I know of the premium alright. I moved from UAE to Pakistan 2-3 years back, and left a very extensive and exquisite collection of swords and guns there, given to the government for all loss. I thought I could restart a collection. Oh well...guess my dreams of a NightHawk Tactical will remain just dreams...

    Anyway, any dealers you guys know that I could visit?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    Well, good people, I reside an hour away from Islamabad, in Wah Cantt near to the Taxilla region.

    And I know of the premium alright. I moved from UAE to Pakistan 2-3 years back, and left a very extensive and exquisite collection of swords and guns there, given to the government for all loss. I thought I could restart a collection. Oh well...guess my dreams of a NightHawk Tactical will remain just dreams...

    Anyway, any dealers you guys know that I could visit?
    Have you made any weapon licenses for any Calibre in Pak yet?
    Last edited by MK47; 09-09-2017 at 06:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Enthusiast Imtiaz Shah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    429
    Asif Javeed sb. With all due respect, in today's circumstances, to your query, I say; "Aap ki saadgi pe qurban jaeen" !
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    Thanks @mk47!
    If I want to buy quality guns in Pakistan, where should one aim for? I want original guns, not local made or the copies.
    Last edited by Imtiaz Shah; 09-09-2017 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Asif Javeed sb. With all due respect, in today's circumstances, to your query, I say; "Aap ki saadgi pe qurban jaeen" !
    Well, I am gonna take that comment positively and say that I was taught to be and act good but think and play bad (in a good way)��

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Have you made any weapon licenses for any Calibre in Pak yet?
    I do have a Kestrel 12 gauge double barrel and a French Lady conceal carry.

  11. #11
    But, I heard licenses were closed so I am mostly looking for places to see available things and be ready for when they do open.

  12. #12
    So, any ideas?
    I would prefer shops in Islamabad and Rawalpindi regions, but you can list shops in other cities like Karachi or Lahore.

  13. #13
    Member Stealth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    114
    @ Asad Javeed

    Click on forums tab .
    Scroll down to misc and click on dealer review and Lounge.
    Here you shall find information and reviews of all arms dealers across the country including isb and rwp.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    @ Asad Javeed

    Click on forums tab .
    Scroll down to misc and click on dealer review and Lounge.
    Here you shall find information and reviews of all arms dealers across the country including isb and rwp.
    Thanks Stealth!

  15. #15
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,445
    Since Punjab and sindh lics (as well as MOI ) are closed, we are restricted to only Balochistn manual and KPK computerised all pak ones.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Since Punjab and sindh lics (as well as MOI ) are closed, we are restricted to only Balochistn manual and KPK computerised all pak ones.
    Oh well... patience yields fruit that is sweetest I guess.
    Anyway, could you tell me some dealers Enigmatic Desires? Seems like everyone has something to say OTHER than pointing me to some trusted individuals.

  17. #17
    Member Stealth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    Oh well... patience yields fruit that is sweetest I guess.
    Anyway, could you tell me some dealers Enigmatic Desires? Seems like everyone has something to say OTHER than pointing me to some trusted individuals.

    Elahi buksh: Beverly center Islamabad

    Badruddin arms: babu mohalla saddar Rawalpindi
    Shamsuddin & sons : babu mohalla saddar Rawalpindi
    YouTube: Guns Pakistan
    Instagram: Guns_Pakistan

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Elahi buksh: Beverly center Islamabad

    Badruddin arms: babu mohalla saddar Rawalpindi
    Shamsuddin & sons : babu mohalla saddar Rawalpindi

    Thank you Stealth. You are a saver.

  19. #19
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad Javeed View Post
    Oh well... patience yields fruit that is sweetest I guess.
    Anyway, could you tell me some dealers Enigmatic Desires? Seems like everyone has something to say OTHER than pointing me to some trusted individuals.
    My area of experience does not extend beyond karachi i am afraid. However, Elahi Bux in Karachi have a decent reputations (been around since 1835 an all that) so, i am assuming their Islamabad counterparts are equally good. (at least)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •