Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CANIK P120; Wannabe Piranha ? ? ?

Member Emeritus
    Salam friends, hope you all are fine & in good shape.

Jibz your posts are so lovely & admiring that if one doesn't want to comment still he is compelled to comment.
    Another beautiful and detailed comparison like you did so many times before.

Since I missed a chance to aquire a Piranha in the past, when one of our PG members (Verve) was selling his (which I regretted not to buy) because he was demanding too high for it then. But after reading your detailed pictorial review, now I'm not regretting my decision anymore.
    Congrats for having such a nice piece of metal art. May it serves your great grand children as well.
    Thanks once again for your real nice review.

Regards.

Member Emeritus
    Salam friends, hope you all are fine & in good shape.

Jibz your posts are so lovely & admiring that if one doesn't want to comment still he is compelled to comment.
    Another beautiful and detailed comparison like you did so many times before.

Since I missed a chance to aquire a Piranha in the past, when one of our PG members (Verve) was selling his (which I regretted not to buy) because he was demanding too high for it then. But after reading your detailed pictorial review, now I'm not regretting my decision anymore.
    Congrats for having such a nice piece of metal art. May it serves your great grand children as well.
    Thanks once again for your real nice review.

Regards.

Member Emeritus
    Oops. Sorry for the doubling. But never mind since I have posted after such a long time so you can live with the double posts.

And then I got my hands on a weighing scale. So here is what each part of both the handguns weighs individually.

(Weight in Grams) Piranha P120
    Barrel 91 89
    Slide Stop 13 12
    Guide Rod and Recoil Spring 36 35
    Slide 335 365
    Frame 301 584
    Total weight with empty Magazine 863 1175

Piranha's Barrel

P120's Barrel

Piranha: Slide Stop

P120: Slide Stop

Piranha: Recoil Spring & Guide Rod

P120: Recoil Spring & Guide Rod

Piranha: Slide

P120: Slide

Piranha: Frame

P120: Frame

Piranha: Total weight with empty Magazine

P120: Total weight with empty Magazine
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Salam All,
    Nice Jibz bhai....
    A quick question....is the Piranha barrel flared???
    If it is, that should inrease lockup consistency, in theory at least.

Regards.

EDIT: just saw the pics on the first page...I think the camera distorted the pic on the weighing scale.
    Last edited by Kamranwali; 10-09-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

No dear. Its not a flared barrel. Its actually the Fisheye effect of the camera lens due to which it looks like that.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Thanks Jibz for many things:
    Thanks for being the first and last hope at Peshawar, regarding guns n info. Always there
    Thanks for bringing me back to PG
    Thanks for the great write-up about the two true turkish beauties, Although I still defend my words about 'wanna be piranha'
    Discarding piranha and introducing P120 by Canik, there must be something good about this gun. However i would like to see this P120 vs Piranha vs CZ SP01 Tactical at range.
    Having said all these, i have yet to see an accurate gun than CZ-97. God, it hits at 100M
    You are more than welcome, Ameer Roorkya. Definitely a range report on the performance of the three is a must. I believe we can request Sir Aquarius to join us on the range along with his Tactical. Also, totally in agreement with you that 97B is a class of its own when it comes to accuracy of a stock .45.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Ahhh.. After a long time I really really good review. I thought the art had died out with the Indus valley civilization.
    I remember persuading Death row to refrain from an L120 and opt for the Klinick 2000.
    While he loves the gun, I think the L120 may have served him well as well.
    This is probably the most detailed review these two weapons have 'ever' been subjected to.
    Many thanks ED dear. lolz @ the Indus Valley Civilization's demise.

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    Wow Jibz. That's was a heck of a review. It's difficult to compare as they almost look similar. But I am impressed to see how minutely you higlighted their differneces. Indeed one has to be master of the art for such write-up. Thank you very much for sharing knowledge with us. Stay blessed.
    Manana Roor. Its always a pleasure to write for PG and its worthy members like your good self.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Salams all!

So nice to see some of the ole boys together here .....
    First of all....thanks Jibz for both awakening some of the sleeping shots here, as well as for a wonderful review done!
    I had long ago aspired for the 120 if you remember......I had issues with the superficial, not to the depth going rail grooves of the P120, as if you remember I had a Shadow carbine kit handy those days....
    Anyhow...trigger unit apart, both guns may be 90 percent of original Shadow..
    Rest both are beautiful pieces, the possession value of both having risen sharply now that even a CZ Rami, which many of us sold and discarded is hovering 250+, if available.....Shadow hitting 275 to 325K, that too for used ones..
    It IS no doubts clony days now and if one can afford, taking a Canik these days will prove a good investment in the longer run, since CZ's are becoming dreamy things with each passing day..
    Reason for quoting Ameer bhai' s post is that how the heck Dr. Sahib includes TS along with these two for comparison ! Lol!
    Between these two I think only shooter error will be the difference, while the heavier one may have some bits of leverage over the other....
    Regards.
    Sir, the old boys are still young at heart, they just require a gentle nudge from time to time. lolz. And sir, any idea what became of that Shadow's Carbine Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Oops. Sorry for the doubling. But never mind since I have posted after such a long time so you can live with the double posts.
    Live with??? Sir I am in fact living FOR it. lolz. Always a pleasure to hear from you sir. And yes that Piranha of member Verve seemed expensive at that time but now when I think about the prevailing prices in the market, I feel it was a good bargain.
    Additionally, would you be able to join us on some lazy Sunday on the range along with your Tactical? We would be delighted to have your company.

Cheers

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post

Live with??? Sir I am in fact living FOR it. lolz. Always a pleasure to hear from you sir. And yes that Piranha of member Verve seemed expensive at that time but now when I think about the prevailing prices in the market, I feel it was a good bargain.
    Additionally, would you be able to join us on some lazy Sunday on the range along with your Tactical? We would be delighted to have your company.

Cheers
    Why not but let the weather be a little pleasant. Will love to join you.
    Btw Jibz Bro which ammo we'll be taking with us because S&B and Nato ammo are sky rocketing these days. Chinese will be ok but lets see fěrst the POF. That'll be a good choice for practice.

Blog Entries
    What a pleasantest feelings to see such a beautiful thread after so long; thanks Jibz bro for a detailed n professionally done comparative review and I don't need to express my feelings on giving me new "khurrak" (itch) of P120

And yes, how long it took you to make both guns photo shoot worthy? I mean you did a great job cleaning them before photo shoot; seriously thinking to send you mines for this squeaky clean job, just matter of finding a courier service to send

Once again, very well done Jibz bro and keep the good stuff coming
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    Thread made sticky as it deserve to be.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    Sir, the old boys are still young at heart, they just require a gentle nudge from time to time. lolz. And sir, any idea what became of that Shadow's Carbine Kit?
    Dear Jibz bhai...the Carbine kit by Hera was readily available till this morning, until it transpired on Internet somehow that P120 slide is good for 584 grams of weight and entire thing is some 1150 or so grams and approaching Shadows weight..

I now have to ask availability of that Kit.....��

Lolz!

Great info above with the scale!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    It looks prices of P120 and other Canik will go up as the case was with CZ in Pakistan

great review jibz bhai ,awesome ,,any idea how much is P120 (wanna be piranha) now a days

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Why not but let the weather be a little pleasant. Will love to join you.
    Btw Jibz Bro which ammo we'll be taking with us because S&B and Nato ammo are sky rocketing these days. Chinese will be ok but lets see fěrst the POF. That'll be a good choice for practice.
    Aquarius Sir, I believe POF is the way to go. I have some in stock but would surely not mind to acquire more.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    What a pleasantest feelings to see such a beautiful thread after so long; thanks Jibz bro for a detailed n professionally done comparative review and I don't need to express my feelings on giving me new "khurrak" (itch) of P120
    And yes, how long it took you to make both guns photo shoot worthy? I mean you did a great job cleaning them before photo shoot; seriously thinking to send you mines for this squeaky clean job, just matter of finding a courier service to send
    Once again, very well done Jibz bro and keep the good stuff coming
    Hahah. Sir it didn't take me that long. First I de-greased both the handguns with LPS PreSolve and then I rubbed it off vigorously with a dry rag and there they were, all shiny and glittery. Secondly sir, there is no need for a courier, just drop over for a day along with your arsenal and by the time you finish the MUTTON KARAHI, it shall be done. .

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Thread made sticky as it deserve to be.
    Wow, glad tidings, sir. Very obliged for your appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Dear Jibz bhai...the Carbine kit by Hera was readily available till this morning, until it transpired on Internet somehow that P120 slide is good for 584 grams of weight and entire thing is some 1150 or so grams and approaching Shadows weight..
    I now have to ask availability of that Kit.....��
    Lolz!
    Great info above with the scale!
    lolz. Sir, I bid you well and best of luck. BUT please remember that unlike P120 or Piranha, the SHADOW is without a firing pin block.

Quote Originally Posted by But why View Post
    great review jibz bhai ,awesome ,,any idea how much is P120 (wanna be piranha) now a days
    Dera Manana Roor. I think it is around Rs 90000 nowadays But not completely sure.

Cheers

Truely a great post after a long time.
    I am not a handgun freak to have better idea person like me read your comprehensive thread at mid night
    Nice to see some old fellows commenting
    Stay blessed all of you guys.
    Regards.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    so what is final outcome are they same or better than each other??

Any friend has boberg xr9.
    It is a bulpup type 9mm pistol

Jibz bahi
    Pics are visible
    R these uploaded on photobucket ?
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Jibz bahi
    Pics are visible
    R these uploaded on photobucket ?
    Roor. It's a different picture hosting website.
    https://imgbox.com

Try it, I am vouching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Roor. It's a different picture hosting website.
    https://imgbox.com

Try it, I am vouching for it.
    Manana zargya
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail