Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zol 9mm HP: A review

Aoa. is Zol available in Lahore? which shop?

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Zol are available with a dealer In Misri Shah Lahore forget his name

I myself got 150 pops of zololo FMJ for 3 months now... yet I'm waiting for someone to test this ammo in FMJ then I'll be using them ...i.e someone willing to torture their handgun, kindly share u'r experience after the test ...
    it would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by khan tanoli; 28-09-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khan tanoli View Post
    I myself got 150 pops of zololo FMJ for 3 months now... yet I'm waiting for someone to test this ammo in FMJ then I'll be using them ...i.e someone willing to torture their handgun, kindly share u'r experience after the test ...
    what was the price and location from where you bought ZOL 9mm FMJs
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    None available in Karachi sir. Otherwise I would have done the needful myself.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    what was the price and location from where you bought ZOL 9mm FMJs
    price was 25/pop from peshawar ... but that was in june (probably last week) dont know about todays price.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    None available in Karachi sir. Otherwise I would have done the needful myself.
    ED,
    Sir I bet you would have done that long time ago if it was available...

ED,
    Sir I bet you would have done that long time ago if it was available...
    Hanh Hanh bilkul bilkil (yes yes definitely definitely) ^

P.S the price of Zololololololololo JHPs has surged to 60 a pop (guns for defense and Noor and co) main lucky star karachi
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Meanwhile, still trying to source .222 ZOL ammo in Karachi. Not a single round sems to have seeped though from up country to Karachi as yet

price was 25/pop from peshawar ... but that was in june (probably last week) dont know about todays price.
    rs 25 is ZOLOLO. ZOL is expensive APMI
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Meanwhile, still trying to source .222 ZOL ammo in Karachi. Not a single round sems to have seeped though from up country to Karachi as yet
    .222 available?
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    .222 available?
    Supposedly yes. I did see a few pics of of it online, but only zolololololo hp in 9mm has made it here in Karachi. The local grapewise is that they are also working on .45 acp as well.

Supposedly yes. I did see a few pics of of it online, but only zolololololo hp in 9mm has made it here in Karachi. The local grapewise is that they are also working on .45 acp as well.
    I would love have them then, thanks ED
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Found dealer for Zol Ball & HP in LHR, both going for Rs. 45 atm. Both Non magnetic. Over all not that well made, especially the HP.

Zololo Ball was 100% magnetic & was for Rs. 40

I got assessment from another high end dealer who said all three were spent rounds reloaded & to stay away from them. Not sure if i should test them

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Salam to all , zololo is the old ammo which had extreme variations in accuracy and inconsistencies in powder charge , bullet weight . I fired around 1000 rounds at 25 meters and accuracy was very poor . the new improved ammo is marketed as Zol and comes in a white box and is much more consistent in accuracy as compared to zololo. It's good ammo for shooting steel plates or just blowing brass down range . So far ive fired 2000 rnds and no issues. Very clean burning powder and non corrosive . Ammo has been tested on glock 34 gen 3 and beretta 92 stock .
    Mr Abbas ( owner of zol ) just informed me that he is about to introduce zol match grade which is geared more towards target shooting but would be priced higher than zol regular and zololo.

Current price of zololo from factory is 12-15 Rs/rnd ( depending on quantity purchased and zol 25/rnd.
    Thanks for some good info there. I didnt get your last sentence "Zololo for 12-15/ round from factory and Zol 25/rnd"

Also did you shoot that in original glock n berreta or Pak Clones? Because so far I have been a bit sceptical about using local made ammo in imported guns due to quality concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Thanks for some good info there. I didnt get your last sentence "Zololo for 12-15/ round from factory and Zol 25/rnd"

Also did you shoot that in original glock n berreta or Pak Clones? Because so far I have been a bit sceptical about using local made ammo in imported guns due to quality concerns.
    Zololo 9mm was being phased out by the manufacturer so he was dumping his stock @ 15rs/rnd. If you purchased in larger quantity ( couple thousand rnds at least ) then rate was 12rs/rnd. I don't think manufacturer has any Zololo ammo left .

Zol ammo was and still is selling for 25rs/rnd. However even this is being phased out soon and new ammo is being introduced called 9mm match grade. It shall have a hollow cavity ( without bullet serrations). According to manufacturer this would become their standard ammo and shall be of better quality than the previous batches .i am waiting to get some sample rounds as soon as they are ready and will post a review soon.

Yes I shot the rounds in original glock 34 and original beretta 92 stock.
    YouTube: Guns Pakistan
    Instagram: Guns_Pakistan

I have seen and used the hollow cavity ( without bullet serrations) rounds. They are non magnetic and are branded 'Zolololo" and come packed in a blue box. We chronied them and found out that they break consistently at 1149 to 1151 fps.

Now trying to somehow or other to source .222 rounds as well.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 13-12-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Just spoke to the manufacturer and got some clarification regarding the zololo cavity bullets. These were produced in small batches on demand. These are no longer in production.

I would like to also clarify my previous post regarding the new match grade zololo ammo. The new 9mm ammo which is still in trial phase is going to be a jacketed hollow point boat tail
    (jhp bt) . This shall be sold as match grade jhp bt .
    Pretty ambitious on part of manufacturer , lets see how it performs .
    YouTube: Guns Pakistan
    Instagram: Guns_Pakistan

Zololo 9mm was being phased out by the manufacturer so he was dumping his stock @ 15rs/rnd. If you purchased in larger quantity ( couple thousand rnds at least ) then rate was 12rs/rnd. I don't think manufacturer has any Zololo ammo left .

Zol ammo was and still is selling for 25rs/rnd. However even this is being phased out soon and new ammo is being introduced called 9mm match grade. It shall have a hollow cavity ( without bullet serrations). According to manufacturer this would become their standard ammo and shall be of better quality than the previous batches .i am waiting to get some sample rounds as soon as they are ready and will post a review soon.

Yes I shot the rounds in original glock 34 and original beretta 92 stock.
    Thanks. So from what I gathered Zololo and Zol are two different names/ ammo?

I have not tried or seen it yet and was under the impression both were the names of same ammo but just referred to differently.

Anyway looking at you guys discussion n reviews on it I am kinda curious or in other words interested to try it when i get back but not in my main carry handgun. Perhaps thinking of getting a coupla of local 9mm handguns for some fun with local ammo like Zol or Zololo etc on my return to Pak.

Even though after a few bad experiences in past with local made weapons I had decided not to buy local pistols many years ago but recently seeing a few videos of Moon Star (Islamuddin) Berreta n Glocks they dont seem to bad? So thought will risk it at 18K n 27K just for some fun with cheap ammo, as its not a huge amount to gamble.

Also which ammo Zol/ Zololo etc would u recommend?

Thanks
    Last edited by MK47; 13-12-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Just spoke to the manufacturer and got some clarification regarding the zololo cavity bullets. These were produced in small batches on demand. These are no longer in production.

I would like to also clarify my previous post regarding the new match grade zololo ammo. The new 9mm ammo which is still in trial phase is going to be a jacketed hollow point boat tail
    (jhp bt) . This shall be sold as match grade jhp bt .
    Pretty ambitious on part of manufacturer , lets see how it performs .
    Oh nooo.. This was the only amo Karachi dealers had ordered from Peshawar and are simply not interested in anything else.

I have been trying to get them to import other Zol (or zolololololo) products but to no avail. They were selling them as JHPs at high premiums therefore it made financial sense for them to order em. Alas, that hope is now long gone.