Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Zol 9mm HP: A review

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Salam bro
    Please suggest where can I get these Zol as POF for the range is setting me back 140/pop and ED advised against Kynoch ammo.
    As I mentioned earlier, the old lot of zol was good. The new one was so bad that the maker himself is giving money bck and taking those rounds off the market. He has now stopped manufacturing Zol altogether, because the brand's reputation is gone. I now am down to my last two old zol boxes and than its back to POF for me. Or this so called Turkeie that is actually Purkaie.. If you look at the box it doesn't say made in Turkey at all.Its just a brand name!

If you still want zol, go to Adil at US armoury at Lucky star. He will sell you a box at the rate of 75 a pop or 85 a pop if his dad is around.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

The Zol Zololo Conspiracy
    I am Major Retd Akhunzada Abbas Hazrat, CEO Zololo Ammunition Pakistan.
    Here is a brief review of Zololo Ammo Journey.
    1. Zololo Ammo established in 2007 and it launched 7.62x25 mm handgun ammo as Ghaznavi Brand and 9 mm as Zololo Brand, both were smookless but with steel FMJ and Corrosive Primer. The propellant was bulk type.
    2. Zololo introduced it's Zol Brand 9 mm with smookless ball propellant, brass FMJ and Non corrosive but mercuric primer in 2016.
    3. Zololo introduced it's first NCNM (non corrosive non mercuric) ammunition as Zol HP (hollow point). Although the primer was consistent and market responded with positive attitude but that type of primer was found to be more sensitive to atmospheric humidity therefore the primer was discontinued.
    4. We tried to produce lead styphnate based NCNM primer but it ended up with an explosion in the primer section hospitalizing the CEO for 15 days.
    5. Turkey Brand 9 mm 124 gn was lunched as a soliderty to the fame of Turkey as a growing Muslim Power. This brand is still a running brand in the market.
    6. An export order of 1 mn 9 mm ammunition from United States was received by our company in 2021. They demanded NATO and SAAMI standards. A risk on lead styphnate based primer was again taken in order to grasp this lucrative order. This time our company not only developed NCNM lead styphnate based primers but was also successful to produce non toxic DDNP based primers. The non toxic primers have short shelf life and ignition variation at extreme temperatures like 50 C and -20 C, therefore that technology was matured and left in shelf for ammo in closed firing ranges.
    7. After August 2021 Zololo is using Lead styphnate based NCNM primers (modern primer used in NATO standard ammunition), smookless ball propellant and Brass FMJ 124 gn bullets in it's top brand Turkey. A new brand 115 gn for competition shooters is under development and will be launched at Eid Ul Fitar 2022 InshAllah.
    8. We received complaints that Zololo has launched 1st Copies of branded ammunition just like the first copies of Hand guns manufactured in Peshawar and DAK. Yes we have reloaded POF and other branded brass and sold it as reloaded but soon realized that despite the fact the 1st copies are a trend in arms business and import is banned for the last 7 years still our 1st copies were sold as imported therefore we discontinued it for the last 1 year despite the fact that it is a profitable business but certainly not fair.
    At present we can manufacture as good ammo as SAAMI OR NATO standard ammo is. For which after Eid 22 Introductory gatherings at different firing ranges all over the country will be arranged and bull eyes shooter will be given a trail match ammo at company's expenditures.
    For any questions or queries I am available at Pak Guns as well as email akhun82@gmail.com.
    Regards
    Abbas CEO ZOLOLO AMMUNITION.

1. Zololo Ammo established in 2007 and it launched 7.62x25 mm handgun ammo as Ghaznavi Brand and 9 mm as Zololo Brand, both were smookless but with steel FMJ and Corrosive Primer. The propellant was bulk type.
    2. Zololo introduced it's Zol Brand 9 mm with smookless ball propellant, brass FMJ and Non corrosive but mercuric primer in 2016.
    3. Zololo introduced it's first NCNM (non corrosive non mercuric) ammunition as Zol HP (hollow point). Although the primer was consistent and market responded with positive attitude but that type of primer was found to be more sensitive to atmospheric humidity therefore the primer was discontinued.
    4. We tried to produce lead styphnate based NCNM primer but it ended up with an explosion in the primer section hospitalizing the CEO for 15 days.
    5. Turkey Brand 9 mm 124 gn was lunched as a soliderty to the fame of Turkey as a growing Muslim Power. This brand is still a running brand in the market.
    6. An export order of 1 mn 9 mm ammunition from United States was received by our company in 2021. They demanded NATO and SAAMI standards. A risk on lead styphnate based primer was again taken in order to grasp this lucrative order. This time our company not only developed NCNM lead styphnate based primers but was also successful to produce non toxic DDNP based primers. The non toxic primers have short shelf life and ignition variation at extreme temperatures like 50 C and -20 C, therefore that technology was matured and left in shelf for ammo in closed firing ranges.
    7. After August 2021 Zololo is using Lead styphnate based NCNM primers (modern primer used in NATO standard ammunition), smookless ball propellant and Brass FMJ 124 gn bullets in it's top brand Turkey. A new brand 115 gn for competition shooters is under development and will be launched at Eid Ul Fitar 2022 InshAllah.
    8. We received complaints that Zololo has launched 1st Copies of branded ammunition just like the first copies of Hand guns manufactured in Peshawar and DAK. Yes we have reloaded POF and other branded brass and sold it as reloaded but soon realized that despite the fact the 1st copies are a trend in arms business and import is banned for the last 7 years still our 1st copies were sold as imported therefore we discontinued it for the last 1 year despite the fact that it is a profitable business but certainly not fair.
    At present we can manufacture as good ammo as SAAMI OR NATO standard ammo is. For which after Eid 22 Introductory gatherings at different firing ranges all over the country will be arranged and bull eyes shooter will be given a trail match ammo at company's expenditures.
    For any questions or queries I am available at Pak Guns as well as email akhun82@gmail.com.
    Regards

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Greetings Major sahib. It is a pleasure to have you amongst us.

I used a box of the Turkiahy I bought from your factory last year. No issues at all. I shot the ammo from 5 to 15 yards in the NP42 with a 4 inch barrel. I am not a good shooter but I found the ammo to be accurate within my limited abilities as a shooter. It did not have any FTE or FTF issues.

Since a single box is not a large sample size, I will shoot more of them and give my feedback accordingly. We will use a chorny to check for consistency of velocity. We also use a vernier caliper to check the projectiles.

It is a pity that the ZOL hollow tips don't have a long shelf life since I bought quite a few boxes and a lot of em are still around.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 09-04-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Good to know. Havent tried this ammo. I have been using Chinese red box and now POF 9mm ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by akhun82 View Post
    Regards