Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Zol 9mm HP: A review

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    As stated in my last post, i got a chance to fire 01 box of match-grade 9mm ZOL at gun club couple of weeks ago. Below are some groups that were punched on the day.

shots at 8inches target were from 25 meters, standing

groups on bigger target were from 25 meters using bench

There were no misfires/duds, squib loads etc. Felt recoil was lesser than POF/WCC. handgun was astonishingly clean after 50 rounds and there were no traces of un-burnt powder or other residue

overall performance was very satisfactory
    Excellent info. Thanks for sharing it with us. Much appreciated. Please do a review on their .30 (7.62x25) ammo and also their JHP's when you get a chance. Also in your opinion would you recommend these Zol Match 9mm n .30 ammo to be used with foreign handguns like Stoeger and Viking MP446 or perhaps not?
    I am thinking of ordering a decent quantity of match anyway but was just curious.
    Last edited by MK47; 18-02-2018 at 04:48 PM.

I cant really comment on .30 as i don't have hands on experience yet but 9mm Match, definitely YES.. You can use it on any foreign made handgun. I used CZ75 to cycle them. This ammo is clean, safe and as good as any foreign brand. All you have to make sure is that you get right quality.

I haven't seen their JHPs yet. Some friends might test their .30 in coming days. I will share update if worth sharing.
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Unfortunately, when we pravail local dealers to get some zol stuff.. They get the cheapest possibl and try to sell at match grades. I told him that this is not what i wanted and he was like. you said you wanted zol and we got you zol..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    I cant really comment on .30 as i don't have hands on experience yet but 9mm Match, definitely YES.. You can use it on any foreign made handgun. I used CZ75 to cycle them. This ammo is clean, safe and as good as any foreign brand. All you have to make sure is that you get right quality.

I haven't seen their JHPs yet. Some friends might test their .30 in coming days. I will share update if worth sharing.
    Brilliant. Thank you

Few friends/fellow PG members did an exclusive and extensive testing of ZOL .30 ammo recently. Around 300 of ZOL's premium .30 rounds were fired at gun club Islamabad(25mtr range). This ammo was cycled through 01 russian and 02 chinese TTs. Luckily, i also got chance to witness this range session where a detailed testing was carried out by the experts. They very carefully observed ZOL.30 behaviour like feeding, discharge, recoil, FTF, FTE, carbon fouling and shot placement etc etc. ZOL.30 passed all tests successfully EXCEPT one part, i.e. Accuracy. Seeing shot placement at targets was a sheer disappointment.

If i have to say a single line about this ammo, it would be.. " ZOL.30 is everything but accurate"

Shots were spread all over the target, going consistently above and below PoA. Our shooter was an expert on TT platform so i will rule out possibility of human error. Multiple rounds were conducted but every time result was disappointing. In contrast, the shooter was scoring 2-3 inches group with chinese and POF ammo in same shooting environment. Other than that, remaining KPIs were satisfactory. Especially guns were surprisingly clean after 300 rounds.

In my opinion (not expert RAI) this ammo is ok to use for occasional/normal use but cant be relied upon when accuracy is required. May be it hits with in 15 mtr range but didn't perform at 25mtr. One fellow member made a video of our session which is linked below for you to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taoht...e_gdata_player

First shooters grip just gives cringe feel......
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    First shooters grip just gives cringe feel......
    Would you care to explain why?

is that a proper grip?
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Is local Norinco ammo available at your side, give that a try.

is that a proper grip?
    Thank you for the careful analysis......will do everything I can to learn how to shoot...
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

is that a proper grip?
    Proper grip is something that makes you comfortable when shooting. Every person has its own way of getting to that comfort zone.

AOA All: About a week ago we tried fresh Zol 9mm ammo at our local gun club. Unlike my previous experience, out of 4 rounds, 3 failed to fire. We tried on multiple guns but the primer said I aint firing today!

So investigation revealed, Initially Zol had purchased primers from POF and that is why it went bang every time. Now they have changed source and all the flop show. Also, we felt that Zol rds are not +P or +P++ but it is like +P+++++..... the POF5 we used it on gave recognizing recoil and flash. More that POF 1Z and WCC FMJs. While i had been a great fan of Zol for cheap plinking, I would say watch out fellas. Comments are welcome pl.
    When the .45 comes out, All the Bullshit Stops!

Quote Originally Posted by AYK View Post
    AOA All: About a week ago we tried fresh Zol 9mm ammo at our local gun club. Unlike my previous experience, out of 4 rounds, 3 failed to fire. We tried on multiple guns but the primer said I aint firing today!

So investigation revealed, Initially Zol had purchased primers from POF and that is why it went bang every time. Now they have changed source and all the flop show. Also, we felt that Zol rds are not +P or +P++ but it is like +P+++++..... the POF5 we used it on gave recognizing recoil and flash. More that POF 1Z and WCC FMJs. While i had been a great fan of Zol for cheap plinking, I would say watch out fellas. Comments are welcome pl.
    I had very high hopes for ZOL...after using there .30 ammo I hoped that there 9mm ammo wouldnt have the same poor performance as there .30 ammo.
    Thank you @AYK for the update...
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Lord of War
    Did you guys inform Akhanzada sb? He is a very humble fellow and if you shre the finding with him, he will surely take care of it....I was planning to visit him last week to replenish my 9mm ammo but was busy, I guess I will wait for the next batch

Zol .30 ammo is retailing at 55 a pop here in karachi. I hope that it does not go the same way as Kynoch , wcc and all those utterly horrid brands.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

The 9mm was 52 rs a pop in PEW.

And it does not shoot. The good Akhunzada seems to be doing a hatchet job on his own product. I have noticed this with all of the ammo makers. they start off really good. and then quality starts slipping till they become veritable death traps.

Lord of War
    How? You bought frm outlet? Or some dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    How? You bought frm outlet? Or some dealer?
    We bought from factory and tested at shooting club in PEW. The club range master, who is also a brand ambassador of Zol, shared the inside dilemma of Zol primers. Anyway as ED wisely pointed out, they are death traps with a chance to explode the gun due to excess pressure. Longlive POF at 70rs a pop.