Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Zol 9mm HP: A review

met the owner yesterday at ZOL factory, following is the information for you.
    - Zol Shotgun shells are corrosive so becareful with those
    - Powder for new ZOL fmj 9mm has been slightly changed to make it more accurate i was told that it packs 115gr (picked up a box from new lot, i have an old lot box too so will test both.
    - new 124gr Match grade Rounds have been introduced, projectile has a hollow base
    - .222 / 5.45 round is being retailed at Rs60 a pop, ammo looked really quality one as compared to desi reloads of triple two
    - .223 is retailing but currently out of stock.....he had one sample piece but not picture worthy........
    - 7.62 x 39 also being manufactured but only in DAK as its a prohibited round hence cant be produced at Peshawar Karkhana....this retails at Rs30 a pop
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Before I completely derail my own thread.. I got a chance to shoot a few more zol rounds. We shot around 150 or so in total. Guns used.
    Np 42
    B6 and
    local berreta copy.

Not a single failure to fire. Faiure to feed and faiure to extract. Cannot say how accurate they were since I am not competition level myself and the rest were all newbies. But they did manage to git the black center at combat distances ranging from 7 to 15 yards. We all did.

We field stripped our guns and took a look at the internals. the fouling was not worse then the POF we had been firing. that is to say there was fouling. But not as much as I would expect from a local round. We cleaned em up and they were good to go out of the box. In fact I even carried 15 Zol hollow cavity rounds as my carry ammo. But then, I have been using their HC (hollow cavity) 9 mm rounds only, not their FMJ counterparts.

They also do ZOl shot shells but Zol # 4 is retailing at 1300 for 25 rounds and I find that is unacceptably high so i did not buy any.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    met the owner yesterday at ZOL factory, following is the information for you.
    - Zol Shotgun shells are corrosive so becareful with those
    - Powder for new ZOL fmj 9mm has been slightly changed to make it more accurate i was told that it packs 115gr (picked up a box from new lot, i have an old lot box too so will test both.
    - new 124gr Match grade Rounds have been introduced, projectile has a hollow base
    - .222 / 5.45 round is being retailed at Rs60 a pop, ammo looked really quality one as compared to desi reloads of triple two
    - .223 is retailing but currently out of stock.....he had one sample piece but not picture worthy........
    - 7.62 x 39 also being manufactured but only in DAK as its a prohibited round hence cant be produced at Peshawar Karkhana....this retails at Rs30 a pop
    This.. is the kind of info I wanted from life in general.. May I have your email address Ballixd?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SAJJAD ALI View Post
    ED bhai kindly update the current price of Darra made .30 & 9mm ammo prices in karachi market.thnx
    Double star, Norinco (local) and BNB's TT reloads are around 20 to 25 a pop (30 bore) The local norinco rounds are hideously overpowered.

WCC local rounds are also overpowered and they cost 25 a pop

AS do BBF (when available)

Zol is 35 a pop for FMJ and 45 to 50 a pop for hollow cavity
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

This.. is the kind of info I wanted from life in general.. May I have your email address Ballixd?
    It is the same userid@outlook.com

@ballixd did you ask the price of .30 ammo?
    Or did you see any there?
    Thanx
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Salam ,

Sir koie bta skta hai ZOL ammo 9mm main dealer lahore main kha hai aur kia price hai ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazim Sahib View Post
    @ballixd did you ask the price of .30 ammo?
    Or did you see any there?
    Thanx
    They have .30, saw the ammo but didnt check the price

love to hear from u on it.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Forgot to share the pics, although both guns were indeed good and had no FTE / FTF, but Colt was shooting a little high......Tokarev was accurate enough, serves the purpose of being a carry gun.....although need to fire few more rounds.......fed a mix of Zololo, Zol, Zol Match, Kynooch through the Tokarev and ate them like a beast.......fired 100 rounds so far through Tokarev....not one FTE / FTF.....

Here is Zol Match - Hollow base.....i kinda like this ammo for SD---see the mushrooming

Quote Originally Posted by alimanzoor123 View Post
    Salam ,

Sir koie bta skta hai ZOL ammo 9mm main dealer lahore main kha hai aur kia price hai ?
    you can call the owner himself Major (r) Abbas - he is a very nice fellow, will give you the detail on their authorized dealer in lahore....
    contact # 0310 9964440

Hi guys. The last when I checked this thread I gathered from the discussion here that Zol particularly Zol 9mm ammo was due to undergo through some improvement changes or upgrade I.e transition towards Zol Match etc. Any update on whats the latest one worth buying, as I want to get atleast 500 or over 9mm (plus some .30 bore ammo but not sure of its performance) for fun shooting or even keeping as additional, but I dont know which one to go for lately? I can't visit the factory as I am currently abroad but I can get someone to pick it up in Peshawar. Would appreciate your opinion.
    Last edited by MK47; 12-02-2018 at 05:13 AM.

MK47, bro Zol 9mm match and .30 (brown case) are their premium products and totally worth having it. I fired a box of Zol match recently and performance was awesome. Accuracy was seriously great. Some friends have bought .30 ammo as well but i didnt get their feedback yet.

In my opinion, its totally worth it. Infact i found it better than chinese and WCC in many ways. We also look it in the way that If a person (major Abbas) has come up with good initiative, then we all must support him. We can break monopoly in firearms/ammo only if our local industry steps forward. And i believe ZOL is the first drop of rain
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    MK47, bro Zol 9mm match and .30 (brown case) are their premium products and totally worth having it. I fired a box of Zol match recently and performance was awesome. Accuracy was seriously great. Some friends have bought .30 ammo as well but i didnt get their feedback yet.

In my opinion, its totally worth it. Infact i found it better than chinese and WCC in many ways. We also look it in the way that If a person (major Abbas) has come up with good initiative, then we all must support him. We can break monopoly in firearms/ammo only if our local industry steps forward. And i believe ZOL is the first drop of rain
    I concor wiht the above assessment and will try to convince Karachi based dealers to get them as well.

I concor wiht the above assessment and will try to convince Karachi based dealers to get them as well.
    Thanks Ed.
    Last edited by MK47; 12-02-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks ballixd

you can call the owner himself Major (r) Abbas - he is a very nice fellow, will give you the detail on their authorized dealer in lahore....
    contact # 0310 9964440

Thanks Fezan. Good info.

Supreme Member

may our own competitors soon be able to meet international standards

As stated in my last post, i got a chance to fire 01 box of match-grade 9mm ZOL at gun club couple of weeks ago. Below are some groups that were punched on the day.

shots at 8inches target were from 25 meters, standing

groups on bigger target were from 25 meters using bench

There were no misfires/duds, squib loads etc. Felt recoil was lesser than POF/WCC. handgun was astonishingly clean after 50 rounds and there were no traces of un-burnt powder or other residue

overall performance was very satisfactory
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY