Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Zol 9mm HP: A review

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khutaz View Post
    Hi ED,
    could you mention dealer name where zol or zololo can be bought?
    Asim at Basheer and co (guns for defence)

And young Aadil at US armory.

Both of them are at lucky star. Adil has just gotten a fresh supply from peshawar and was busy unpacking the goodies. His outlet is tucked away in a lane opposite Saddlers
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

yes like never ever be careful with china stuff sub china dont trust your handgun that much Dude
    chalay to chand tak nahe to sham tak lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Like never.. ever.. ever.. ??

After shooting both Glocks and Chinese weapons. i came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as an infallible weapon. And yes that includes the Glock as well.

In terms of Chinese mettulergy. if you were to juxtapose the CQa with let us say a Gassile trigger equipped heavily customized US M4 then you can rest assured that the metallurgy would in no way be inferior. In fact, Many people who have kept both have shown a marked preference to the former Do ask Fudge pecker here as to why he prefers Chinese to American M4 weaponry.

On a personal note the actual market price of a Glock is close to 10 percent of what we get here in Karachi. Which was roughly close to the international market price of ye humble CF 98. (Both are available in the country above USA at close to identical prices) At least till a few years back.

I understand that people who pay close to half a million for glock that is worth a fraction of that amount because it never ever ever misfires would be badly hurt.. But then they should never have paid that huge amount to begin with.

As for China. .I conceal carry Chinese weapons and have put in literally thousands of rounds through them over the years. And can easily bet my life on them. As for the Glock. Maybe if someone were to gift me one i will take it and promptly use the money to buy a Chinese CQa and red box 9mm chinese ammo for my equally Chinese NP 42.

Why? Because the red box we have tested on a Chrony. 1350 Fps and comes with a steel penetrator.. Much much higher penetration (on PTCL directories) then POF and even sellior and balliot FMJ rounds.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

After shooting both Glocks and Chinese weapons. i came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as an infallible weapon. And yes that includes the Glock as well.

In terms of Chinese mettulergy. if you were to juxtapose the CQa with let us say a Gassile trigger equipped heavily customized US M4 then you can rest assured that the metallurgy would in no way be inferior. In fact, Many people who have kept both have shown a marked preference to the former Do ask Fudge pecker here as to why he prefers Chinese to American M4 weaponry.

On a personal note the actual market price of a Glock is close to 10 percent of what we get here in Karachi. Which was roughly close to the international market price of ye humble CF 98. (Both are available in the country above USA at close to identical prices) At least till a few years back.

I understand that people who pay close to half a million for glock that is worth a fraction of that amount because it never ever ever misfires would be badly hurt.. But then they should never have paid that huge amount to begin with.

As for China. .I conceal carry Chinese weapons and have put in literally thousands of rounds through them over the years. And can easily bet my life on them. As for the Glock. Maybe if someone were to gift me one i will take it and promptly use the money to buy a Chinese CQa and red box 9mm chinese ammo for my equally Chinese NP 42.

Why? Because the red box we have tested on a Chrony. 1350 Fps and comes with a steel penetrator.. Much much higher penetration (on PTCL directories) then POF and even sellior and balliot FMJ rounds.
    Dear glocks are only for showing off Extra money 😈😈😈😈😈😈
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    Dear glocks are only for showing off Extra money ������������
    My sentiments exactly. The idea that a weapon will never ever malfunction simply because one pays ten times its original price is a concept that I just cant seem to wrap my head around

My sentiments exactly. The idea that a weapon will never ever malfunction simply because one pays ten times its original price is a concept that I just cant seem to wrap my head around
    paying smugglers and dealers premium doesn't guarantee weapon reliability and utility. several factors are there to determine weapons reliability. ammo is the main issue to consider. if imports are open and free trade is allowed. Glock will sell for 70 to 80k.
    in U.S.A prices of russian and chinese firearms have increased due to ban on Imports. same is the reason with Glock in Pakistan. there is a ban on sending weapons from austria to Pakistan. all glocks in Pakistani market are bough by Govt officials who are allowed at-least one weapon which is imported into Pakistan, later that pistol is sold in market for a premium.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

paying smugglers and dealers premium doesn't guarantee weapon reliability and utility. several factors are there to determine weapons reliability. ammo is the main issue to consider. if imports are open and free trade is allowed. Glock will sell for 70 to 80k.
    in U.S.A prices of russian and chinese firearms have increased due to ban on Imports. same is the reason with Glock in Pakistan. there is a ban on sending weapons from austria to Pakistan. all glocks in Pakistani market are bough by Govt officials who are allowed at-least one weapon which is imported into Pakistan, later that pistol is sold in market for a premium.
    I know. yest some people continue to insist that Glock can never ever ever fail cause well. its so freakin expensive..

I know. yest some people continue to insist that Glock can never ever ever fail cause well. its so freakin expensive..
    show them this link
    https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=g...w=1366&bih=613
    asa long as they are made by humans and used by humans, failures will be there.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by pakistanitoup; 11-01-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Glock is just like any other random reliable handgun out there in global arm market. Naive ppl think its price reflects its performance, but that isnt the case. It is expensive solely due to the high custom duty and its limited import+availability in our country. I will never pay over 3 Lacs (over $2,000 USD) for a handgun that retails for $499 in other countries just to show off or prove my point. A chinese or a Turkish etc gun could give as much or may be more than a glock for a fraction of its price. Yes Glocks are highly reliable but so are other handguns. It doesnt even have a safety or a de-cocker does it?
    Last edited by MK47; 12-01-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Supreme Member
    [QUOTE=pakistanitoup;506157]show them this link
    asa long as they are made by humans and used by humans, failures will be there.[/UOTE]

Bad reloads will do that to any gun not just Glock.
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

[QUOTE=Faisji;506165]
    show them this link
    asa long as they are made by humans and used by humans, failures will be there.[/UOTE]

Bad reloads will do that to any gun not just Glock.
    ammo is the main thing. just like fuel in a car. if fuel is bad, evan best car will die. else there are many handguns which are reliable and are decently priced also. rest is all personal preference which firearm they buy.

i think TT will withstand a bad reload
    Keep Calm & Carry One

[QUOTE=pakistanitoup;506166]
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisji View Post
    ammo is the main thing. just like fuel in a car. if fuel is bad, evan best car will die. else there are many handguns which are reliable and are decently priced also. rest is all personal preference which firearm they buy.

i think TT will withstand a bad reload
    i do shoot my chinese TT with some of the worse loads money can buy to experiment with.. So far nothing has broken as yet.. The TT is tough period! Not that I would ever recommend anyone to every do what I do. But yes i have experimented with my weapons in terms of loads to see which ones are good and which ones are not. I am willing to bet that the Glock fan boys only shoot extremely expensive ammo on their extremely expensive guns and in very small quantities while continuing to insist that the Glock is the greatest weapon on God's green Earth.

But then buying a 500 dollar weapon for 5000 dollars does have a tendency to warp reality as far as their precious 'baby' is concerned.

yes fanboy shoots extremely expensive ammo coz they can and forever cheap people shoots cheap ammo on cheap gun ....

buying a 500 dollar weapon for 5000 dollars really needs a brave heart millions of people have lots of money but they dont buy shit for there on own use in the end their bank full of money and they die like shit in private hospital life is short use it well what you have or die like hell

Quote Originally Posted by ali_haq View Post
    yes fanboy shoots extremely expensive ammo coz they can and forever cheap people shoots cheap ammo on cheap gun ....

buying a 500 dollar weapon for 5000 dollars really needs a brave heart millions of people have lots of money but they dont buy shit for there on own use in the end their bank full of money and they die like shit in private hospital life is short use it well what you have or die like hell
    Buying a 500 dollar gun needs a "brave' heart.. I read that again.Twice..
    the same gun that is available for 500 dollars one buys for 5000 dollars here. while guns that are also worth 500 dollars in the west (Country above USA the CF 98 is just about the same price as the Glock and the only reason the CF 98 is not available in USA is due to political reasons).

Now if both CF and Glock are the same price in the west (wherever available) then how come one gun is superior to the other to the extent of 5000 dollers.. Wait.. dont tell me lemme guess.. it is a (wait for it Glaaaaak) (drum roll please)

The CF 98 of America (read Glock) is worth that much only cause people are "brave" yes people... please read that again. "Brave' to buy it. the term brave really had be laughing my head off.

Lemme share an example:

I had this Glock fan boy I used to hang out with. He had a Pajero. As he was exiting the vehicle with his baby son and his weapon the son's toe got entangled in the trigger. BANG

He was very very lucky otherwise his son would have been an only child.. for ever an anon.. the key reason. He had a pricous "glock" and had no intention of spending quality time at the range to really understand his weapon till it was an extension of himself.

Cause expensive people are not expensive enough to spend on both expensive glock and expensive ammo.

Meanwhile I did go to the range yesterday and put in another 75 rounds down range with my NP 42. And my trusty zol ammo. No misfires of any sort and no fouling either since I field strip my gun after every range session.

The key purpose.. So that I would not be a menace to society running amock with a glock and no training or experience.

show them this link
    asa long as they are made by humans and used by humans, failures will be there.
    Fo our resident fan bois they are obviously not made by humans but forged in the smithies of heaven

Before I completely derail my own thread.. I got a chance to shoot a few more zol rounds. We shot around 150 or so in total. Guns used.
    Np 42
    B6 and
    local berreta copy.

Not a single failure to fire. Faiure to feed and faiure to extract. Cannot say how accurate they were since I am not competition level myself and the rest were all newbies. But they did manage to git the black center at combat distances ranging from 7 to 15 yards. We all did.

We field stripped our guns and took a look at the internals. the fouling was not worse then the POF we had been firing. that is to say there was fouling. But not as much as I would expect from a local round. We cleaned em up and they were good to go out of the box. In fact I even carried 15 Zol hollow cavity rounds as my carry ammo. But then, I have been using their HC (hollow cavity) 9 mm rounds only, not their FMJ counterparts.

They also do ZOl shot shells but Zol # 4 is retailing at 1300 for 25 rounds and I find that is unacceptably high so i did not buy any.

ED bhai kindly update the current price of Darra made .30 & 9mm ammo prices in karachi market.thnx
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

I have shot the Moonstar Glock 17. As have fellow members Deathrow, Sad2k and Eddie (to whom it actually belongs) baring the quality of the guide rod, the ................
    (Sorry for bringing out old post) My name is Saad4k, not Sad2k! :-D
    Never Advice Good Advice ---- Someone Might Take It

Saad Saad hota hia. Chahay do oh kay char

( no idea how to translate)