Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Star Arms Market Survey # XVI

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Lucky Star Arms Market Survey # XVI

So me and fellow members Eddie, Death row, Sky watcher and Obayd have taken to haunting the mean streets of Lucky Star Karachi to see if we can snap up a decent deal. WE ran into quite a few interesting items along the way

HM Traders (Abbas bhai)

He will have a smile on his face when you walk in. Itís kind of a permanent smile, if you get my drift. He has a BRR 99 asking 85k

Now the BR 99 shotgun by Bora arms is a more advanced version of the Akdal M1919 tactical shottie. The only difference is the AKdal is prone to misfires a lot. While the BR 99 simply eats everything, you throw inside her. At the range we have mixed and matched just about every conceivable ammo type we can get our hands on (Barring the 21 gram shaheen # 9 skeet leads which we could not source). The asking price for an NIB piece at Tayabally Abduallay and sons (Tipu bhai) is 115k for fixed stock. This one is a collsapable stock version.

HM also has a couple of CQAs. A used piece with all the bells and whistles (Quad rail, scope, hand guard, the works. Asking 250k) and an NIB piece 285k). A .32 snw long revolver Taurus 6 shot for 40k (asking)
    A couple of .22lr rifles armscor and adler in 60% condition and single mags under 30k)
    (I have my eyes on that Adler)

Ammo 9mm redbox 95 a pop asking and POF 60 a pop asking

Guns for Defence (Asim bhai)

A (supposedly) NIB box pack .32 magnum 8 shot Arminius HW 3 for 50k. An AKdal M1919 for 75k and a hilink .223 rifle for 235k. Zololololololo Hps for 40 a pop (asking) and a used CF 98 asking 60k but negotiable since the barrel I did not like. He also has a CZ 999 scorpion and a CZ 100 in around the same price range. I am more interested in the zolololololololo to be honest since POF is all but gone and red box is unaffordable for long sessions. If the thing is good and we can get a Pak guns only discount then at least we can continue to shoot without every round hitting us straight in the wallet.
    So far we have checked it on the range an with a magnet and it is not iron at all and does actually expend in ptcl telephone directories. Now Obayid and Deathrow wil dissect the round to check its powder and corrosive properties. If it comes though. I think we are on to a good thing since I have talked about exclusive discounts for us. Subject to it passing whatever corrosion tests that Obayid and Death row come up with.
    P.s Asim Bhai smiles a lot too. But somehow it reminds me of the straightforward grin that the shark had in Jaws Part I.

US Armoury

Adil is a nice young lad who seems to be completely out of touch with the market around. I saw a really nice .32 SnW long revolver (German) with him. 7 shot with thumb rest. Asking was 15k negotiable.
    The same weapon in the main market (Ansari arms) was 50k Full and final. I have ordered a custom made to order .222 from him. He has a factory in Peshawar and they make nice looking .223 and .222 rifles. I gave him my specifications and told him I will not pay till I am fully satisfied. I will take him to the range with me and if the weapon does not work as well as I want he, himself will bear witness. He is fully amiable to that.
    If I am satisfied I will order a custom made .223 as well.

He does not smile that much, however he orders a bottle of water for us whenever we go a visiting. He has a very nice armorer on him. Ad if anything goes wrong with this rifles he has spare barrels and other parts to take care of all customer related problems and issues.

I also ordered a .32 HW 3 revolver from Peshawar as well as a .303 le Enfield rifle if he could source it for me from Peshawar in his next consignment.

Ansari arms
    Uncle has a .22 magnum revolver with a spare cylinder for .22lr. It was in 65% condition and full and final was 60k. He also had a French .303 (I had no idea how he had prevailed on the French to make a .303 battle rifle anyway) asking was 65k and a .3006 Remington asking was 250k. NIB.

He does not smile. He laughs a lot. But with customers buying at those prices I do not blame him in the least.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Nice review. What are the rates of other ammo (shotgun etc)?
    Never Advice Good Advice ---- Someone Might Take It

ED bro what will be expected price of your ordered custom .223 ????

It should be under 40k that is all I ask from it. He had a few really nice looking .223 and .222 rifles already in stock last i checked. If he offers decent after sales support (fresh barrels et el) I might go for that option.

I have lics for both. But the .222 one is due after computerisation wihtin the next fortnight or so. So I placed the order, figuring that by hte time it comes back she will be up and ready.

My .223 computerised license/permit combo is empty though and if i want I can put in a .223 rifle on it. However, Adil has said that he is doing some really nifty .223 rifles on the AR platform. His expected price is around 60k or so. I am waiting to check them and review them here before I buy a .223.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Saad4k View Post
    Nice review. What are the rates of other ammo (shotgun etc)?
    9mm

100 a pop for red box chinese 9mm (90 a pop for full box)

40 a pop for JHP 9mm ZOL

60 a pop for POF 9mm

400 a pop for Federal hydroshocks

250 a pop for SnB JHP

200 a pop for .222 7n2 5.45x39 (russian infantry rounds)

Burnaul silvier casing 175 a pop

50 a pop for .223 blanks (negotiable)

Shotgun ammo

275 to 350 a pop for shotgun slugs (Palla and other Tukish brands)

Shaheen all loads (except for 21 grain skeet loads) 1250 to 1450 per box

.32 acp 60 a pop (China)

.32 acp JHP 250 a pop (Italian)

.32 SnW long 150 a pop Sellio and balliot

Chinese 7.62x25 (TT) rounds 45 a pop (both red and white box )

POF 45 a pop

CCI Stinger 100 a pop

SnB high vilo 65 a pop

.22 magnum 150 a pop
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 12-08-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Thank you. Is 9mm Mak available in the market?

Thank you. Is 9mm Mak available in the market?
    ....yes....

@ED Bhai which ammo do you recommend .30 Chinese Redbox or whitebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    ....yes....
    For how much?

Quote Originally Posted by arslanbutt0101 View Post
    @ED Bhai which ammo do you recommend .30 Chinese Redbox or whitebox.
    I wold no tommorow. With a little luck I might be able to acquire a TT today and will promptly test it with white box (if I dfind one at a reasonable rate that is).

Red box is splitting the cases a lot and it is also emitting a foul odor. We had to return the rounds. I am hoping that white box is better.

For how much?
    No idea.. I never asked

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I wold no tommorow. With a little luck I might be able to acquire a TT today and will promptly test it with white box (if I dfind one at a reasonable rate that is).

Red box is splitting the cases a lot and it is also emitting a foul odor. We had to return the rounds. I am hoping that white box is better.
    Buying the BnB one?

Blog Entries
    Great tour ED bro and nice spicy write up as usual. Its been more than 3 years am out of touch but these ammo prices made me even depressed
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Brother prices rocketed today I also visited lucky star please help me out I am searching for a sarsilmaz-pof st9.
    Thanks a lot
    👉Love guns Live guns

ED bro red box Chinese costs 4700 rupees today.😢
    👉Love guns Live guns

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Great tour ED bro and nice spicy write up as usual. Its been more than 3 years am out of touch but these ammo prices made me even depressed
    I know Denny bhai.. thier predatory grins are quite obvious now. remember, they did not import recently, therefore their ld stock has been imported yeas back and they are merely making the best of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by venom636 View Post
    Brother prices rocketed today I also visited lucky star please help me out I am searching for a sarsilmaz-pof st9.
    Thanks a lot
    Why? Are you doing that? I mean looking for a weapon like ST 9? :O

There are oodles of very nice weapons indeed. Why would you want an ST 9?

Quote Originally Posted by venom636 View Post
    ED bro red box Chinese costs 4700 rupees today.��
    I will be doing a detailed review of the ZOL 9mm (not so) hollow point

We shot almost 200 of the little buggers day before yesterday.

400 a pop for Federal hydroshocks ed bhai where to get any shop name or reffer name i want this ammo

This was two months ago. No idea about the prices right now. Khair the dealer was Asim at Guns for Defence aka Bashir and Co at main lucky star. His outlet number is 02132783107