Thread: Experimenting with ammo Part I

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Experimenting with ammo Part I

So yesterday ,me and fellow member death row conducted an experiment. We took WCC local reloaded 9mm rounds, Badar brother's TT brand 9mm rounds and some unbranded TT ammo.

All the projectiles stuck to a magnet like glue. Quite unlike Chinese Red box mm that does not stick at all.

The local Wcc had no grains to speak of. Just some sort of hard densely packed powder that was a solid mass and we had to clear it out in bits and pieces with a small screw drover. It looked like I dunno a solid mass of gutka maybe.

We also burnt the powder as well. It did not burn evenly.

The local TT rounds were slightly better since we could at least discern the grains.

WE were hampered by a lack of a jeweler's scale but we could even see with the naked eye that the WCC rounds had uneven powder loads. And they appear to be overloaded. (the shell was imply packed solid with it)

However, b far the best of the lot was the BnB TT brand of 9mm ammo. The grains were distinct not lumpy. they resembled the NATO green tip powder more then the usual local 9mm powder we have seen. And flew like iodized salt from the shell on to the paper. they also burnt the best as well. The combustion was clean and sharp and not long drawn. Deathrow would you be kind enough to put some pics

In part II we would discuss how well they shoot on the range. Trying to acquire a chrony beforehand to check the velocity of the different rounds.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Old take pics too. I want to see wwc reloads
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

[QUOTE=Enigmatic Desires;503561some sort of hard densely packed powder that was a solid mass and we had to clear it out in bits and pieces with a small screw drover.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. The closest I've ever heard of to that would be the early .458 Winchester Magnums, which were a highly compressed charge that was reported to "cake up" after long exposure to hot weather.

What you're describing makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Most powders come in ball, stick, or flake form, sometimes with colored bits mixed in to help tell them apart. The stuff in your ammunition... it might be homemade, or it might have been mixed with solvent to disguise its origin.

If the powder is reddish, or turns reddish after being exposed to air for a few weeks, or smells acidic or vinegary, you might not want to buy any more.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Hmm. The closest I've ever heard of to that would be the early .458 Winchester Magnums, which were a highly compressed charge that was reported to "cake up" after long exposure to hot weather.

What you're describing makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Most powders come in ball, stick, or flake form, sometimes with colored bits mixed in to help tell them apart. The stuff in your ammunition... it might be homemade, or it might have been mixed with solvent to disguise its origin.

If the powder is reddish, or turns reddish after being exposed to air for a few weeks, or smells acidic or vinegary, you might not want to buy any more.

lemme open up another one and hand it over to mama nature for a few weeks. Will observe and see what colour it turns.

Btw, what will happen if it turns reddish?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com