Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Review of POF 9mm ammo

Review of POF 9mm ammo

Need expert review on pof 9mm ammo. Its availibility,price and performance.

Ch Saab, You need to tell us first who do you consider an expert because many experts i know are thought of as goons or loonies.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Sir im new on this forum and those who are using pof 9mm ammo regularly can guide me.

Ch Saab, I love to hate the Pof ammo because it never stops and same is the case with some of my friends. As far as availability is concerned its not available at the outlet "pof" with dealers you may find it at 60-75.
    If you come across cheaper rates please let me know too.
    Some people will tell you otherwise but for me 400+ rounds going smooth and a couple of hundred rounds in my safe i believe its good to go.
    Fired 2013 and 2016 lots no issues what so ever.
    I guess if it works you it just works if it doesn't it doesn't
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Ch Saab, I love to hate the Pof ammo because it never stops and same is the case with some of my friends. As far as availability is concerned its not available at the outlet "pof" with dealers you may find it at 60-75.
    If you come across cheaper rates please let me know too.
    Some people will tell you otherwise but for me 400+ rounds going smooth and a couple of hundred rounds in my safe i believe its good to go.
    Fired 2013 and 2016 lots no issues what so ever.
    I guess if it works you it just works if it doesn't it doesn't
    Called pof wah they said its price was rs 39 but new price will be announced in aug.
    I bought for pof 9mm from hathi chowk rwp for rs 55 for some friend.
    I used wcc im my new taurus g2 pt111. Bought wcc rs 120 from peshawar.
    Fired 50 rounds of wcc it was good but expensive thats why looking for pof.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    In my NP 42, It have a 'hang fire" I.e it fired a couple of seconds after I pulled the trigger. Had it been a Tom and Jerry cartoon, I would have had a really black face indeed.

However, it was a scary experience. Later on in the same session. the shell got stuck so bad we had to disasmeble my weapon and use tools to get rid of it. Apart from that, we have also seen it going though 3 or 4 or even 5 strikes before ignition.

The weapons we used were
    NP 42,
    Klinic 2000: Deathrow,
    B6: Eddie.

I did go to the POF outlet to complain about it, but they insisted that there were no issues and they will respond by increasing the prices. It used to be 36 a pop at their outlets then 39 a pop and now God alone knows what.. AS prices have increased their quality seems to have gone down. I have seen simuilair issues woht SHaheen # 4 (at least they acknowledge it) and even their .30 (7.62x25) ammo as well.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 11-07-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

P.S we do fire an average of 50 to 60 rounds per session per person and have been using POF 9mm almost exclusively for the past few years on an average of 1 to 2 sessions per month. That comes to literally thousands of rounds .and By and large I do no remember a singe session in which the POF did not give a problem. However, I firmly mentai that compared to locals it is waay better in quality. (yes we have checked locals and their velocities and have concluded that there is no stanardization as such )

Conclusion: POF is really great range fodder, but not something you would want in your SD weapon. For SD we fill our mags full of SnB HPs, Chinese Red box and SnB FMJs and Federal Hydrashoks (at least in my case)

BTW CHinese Red box is hot... as in really really hot.. We tested POF, SnB HPs and Zolollo local HP on PTCL telephone directories. The Red Box went through 2 directories made a big exit hole and disappeared. the rest of em (including) POF were not able to replicate that ffeat and barely cleared the first directory.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    P.S we do fire an average of 50 to 60 rounds per session per person and have been using POF 9mm almost exclusively for the past few years on an average of 1 to 2 sessions per month. That comes to literally thousands of rounds .and By and large I do no remember a singe session in which the POF did not give a problem. However, I firmly mentai that compared to locals it is waay better in quality. (yes we have checked locals and their velocities and have concluded that there is no stanardization as such )

Conclusion: POF is really great range fodder, but not something you would want in your SD weapon. For SD we fill our mags full of SnB HPs, Chinese Red box and SnB FMJs and Federal Hydrashoks (at least in my case)

BTW CHinese Red box is hot... as in really really hot.. We tested POF, SnB HPs and Zolollo local HP on PTCL telephone directories. The Red Box went through 2 directories made a big exit hole and disappeared. the rest of em (including) POF were not able to replicate that ffeat and barely cleared the first directory.
    Very well explained.

Thank you sir

I bought Pof ammo (9mm) last December and very recently got a chance to shoot it. No FTF and FTE occurred. Shot 50 rounds. Just to share my experience and hoping they last good.

Quote Originally Posted by wajeeh View Post
    I bought Pof ammo (9mm) last December and very recently got a chance to shoot it. No FTF and FTE occurred. Shot 50 rounds. Just to share my experience and hoping they last good.
    I recently bought pof rds (2016 production) fired 200 rds in one session. No issues at all best round ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AYK View Post
    I recently bought pof rds (2016 production) fired 200 rds in one session. No issues at all best round ever.
    Come on man, its best round really.its piece of sh*t round.

I am regular user of POF ammo and it works perfectly. No FTF and FTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    I am regular user of POF ammo and it works perfectly. No FTF and FTE.
    Good to see you after long time.you are lucky then,it has failed me many times in different guns and the pof people know that their ammo is not good.
    I have a trouble with their pof 4 pistol which was sold to me by them without being check for quailty control ,i returned it and now they say that they have rapired it but i was told that i should check it with quailty foreign made ammo because some failure are because of their ammo.by the way in my case its was not the ammo because the gun failed to feed every time you try to chamber a round and the ammo in mag was nato ammo.
    Many gun smiths have told me when the test guns in their work shop they get issue with pof ammo.
    Many people on the form have faced issues with orignal pof ammo so it means the other ones are simply lucky.
    Last edited by FA226; 31-07-2017 at 05:28 PM.

However, in today's scenario, we would be lucky to even get hold of POF rounds as such ..

In pof ammo's case it seems im blessed by the luck of the Irish.
    Or if we see the flipside the pof ammo does not like you guys.

Fellow member Deathrow just visited the POF factory outlet at Lucky Star Sarrad karachi. He said that the good people at the outlet insist that they wil have 9mm right back in stock by Wednesday next.

No idea if it is true or not. We are however hopefull since prices in the open market have surged to very high levels indeed

Sir Any update about POF outlet, is 9mm available for what price?
    Could you please inform Chinese Red box 9mm price? Thanks

It was available in very limited quantities on computerized sindh lic, last I checked. China red box Guns for defence and Noor and co 115 a pop. HM Traders 100 a pop.

Open market 68 a pop

Thanks bro... limited quantities means even we have quota of 500 they will only give a box or two???

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    It was available in very limited quantities on computerized sindh lic, last I checked. China red box Guns for defence and Noor and co 115 a pop. HM Traders 100 a pop.

Open market 68 a pop