Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review of POF 9mm ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    Guys... Please keep away from the new POF ammo... it might actually be dangerous to use for your weapons... I am going to revert on this matter after a while with a proper review and report.... Some observations were made at the range.. details to be shared later.
    Share your experience.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Bro you mean the new production one.
    Yes Dear. new ammo
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Alright Guys... Here is the report.... When we tried the ammo out at the range last week... the recoil felt really nasty... so today we went to the range and checked out velocities on Chrony. Here are the results:

POF old Batch 1090 fps
    China Red Box 1162 fps
    POF New Batch 1214 fps
    Zol 1114 fps

These velocities were observed while shooting through Kilinc 2000 (4.5 inch barrel)

THe new POF batch as per my analysis is a +P round and as evident by results, its even hotter than the China Red Box.
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Alright Guys... Here is the report.... When we tried the ammo out at the range last week... the recoil felt really nasty... so today we went to the range and checked out velocities on Chrony. Here are the results:

POF old Batch 1090 fps
    China Red Box 1162 fps
    POF New Batch 1214 fps
    Zol 1114 fps

These velocities were observed while shooting through Kilinc 2000 (4.5 inch barrel)

THe new POF batch as per my analysis is a +P round and as evident by results, its even hotter than the China Red Box.
    Bro any issue other then that any ftf or fte.

No issues.... but +p grade ammo will wear the weapon down much quicker and might even damage some pistols... specially sub compacts.... it's not good Range ammo

No issues.... but +p grade ammo will wear the weapon down much quicker and might even damage some pistols... specially sub compacts.... it's not good Range ammo
    can you check the production date/ year on new batch.....would help others to get the right one......last I used was 2013 batch, it was a good batch......fired with no hiccups and good recoil.....

Sir...by new batch I mean the one that is coming in non branded brown box, brass projectile and green ring stamping on the primer..... the 2017 batch which is coming in box with pakistan flag and has copper projectile is not +p

I agree with you bro,i think they only had mp5,s in their mind while making this new ammo.

POF old Batch 1090 fps
    China Red Box 1162 fps
    POF New Batch 1214 fps
    Zol 1114 fps
    The new POF batch as per my analysis is a +P round and as evident by results, its even hotter than the China Red Box.
    @ Deathrow; Many thanks for the useful study !
    I wonder if POF 9mm ammo is still made in Mark IIZ (for carbines) & Mark IZ (for pistols), hence the difference in muzzle velocity.

Sir...by new batch I mean the one that is coming in non branded brown box, brass projectile and green ring stamping on the primer..... the 2017 batch which is coming in box with pakistan flag and has copper projectile is not +p
    Can you share the pic, it would help for future purchase.......I have had two kinds of ammo, one was mk17 which was much hotter than china red box, I could feel the recoil......it was in khaki paper packing.......later I got the box with Pakistan flag on it.....it was fine....didnt feel the recoil much

Here is the one I.used lastName:  IMG-20171022-WA0008.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  30.6 KB

Wow... POF is making them on Mil specs, having hard hitting capabilities and the head stamp shows manufacturing year, 2015. Still lower in velocity then WCC 9mm (NATO) which is 1263 fps. And I have fired a lot of them from my sub.comp. Taurus 609... Will give them a try if I could find them on my next visit to the arms market.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    @ Deathrow; Many thanks for the useful study !
    I wonder if POF 9mm ammo is still made in Mark IIZ (for carbines) & Mark IZ (for pistols), hence the difference in muzzle velocity.
    they make one ammo. no 11z and 2z
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Few days ago, bought couple of boxes of POF 9mm ammo for range. Rs.60/pop. This is my first purchase of the ammo. Head-stamp marked; 9mm POF 16 PIIZ in boxes of 50 with flag. There is die mark around primer pocket of one and extractor grove width is variable on many cartridges, poor quality control ! Hoping that these are not fakes/reloads. Also bought Shaheen #4 @ Rs.1200/box. Stamped price is Rs.1170.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Few days ago, bought couple of boxes of POF 9mm ammo for range. Rs.60/pop. This is my first purchase of the ammo. Head-stamp marked; 9mm POF 16 PIIZ in boxes of 50 with flag. There is die mark around primer pocket of one and extractor grove width is variable on many cartridges, poor quality control ! Hoping that these are not fakes/reloads. Also bought Shaheen #4 @ Rs.1200/box. Stamped price is Rs.1170.
    Green flag box is old issue but 2016 production is accurate than the new brown box like NAto 9mm. try getting your hands on those rounds and review it
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Btw the green flag box was also produced in 2017 ... I have couple of boxes of those...I also heard that the green flag box is back into production..

Btw the green flag box was also produced in 2017 ... I have couple of boxes of those...I also heard that the green flag box is back into production..
    no official news on this one bro.
    Keep Calm & Carry One