Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Review of POF 9mm ammo

Stealth bro Thanks for the review.

@mk47: try badruddin in rwp, his rates are always lower than others.
    @ Fa226 : ur welcome
    YouTube: Stealth Tactical Instagram:Guns_Pakistan
    "No wise man ever took a handgun to a gunfight" Wyatt Earp

A person i know made this group at 17m from np42 with the new pof ammo.
    first picture was after warmup
    2nd picture was warming up
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    A person i know made this group at 17m from np42 with the new pof ammo.
    first picture was after warmup
    2nd picture was warming up
    2nd best group I saw so far from such distance with a handgun ... amazing ... if you dont mind brother, Is this u'r friend from military i.e SSG because I saw such group before but the person was from SSG and the distance was 24m

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Just tried the new pof ammo out today at 25 Meter range . Got a box of green flag 2016 production and brown box 2017 production.

As others have already stated , the 124 gr brown box is hot ammo. It has a slight more kick than even the Speer 124gr+p. The green flag box is much milder , like a regular 115 gr .

all the rounds fed and fired reliably and were clean burning .

The brown box had good consistent accuracy from the glock . I have shown target pic below of the best grouping I could manage shooting one handed bullseye .The green box for some odd reason shot very poorly from the glock ( for reasons unknown to me) shots were going in all directions and I just could not get any grouping .

However when I fired the green box from the p7 , the results were much better and accuracy was good. I shot double handed rapid .

Both are good ammo , I personally am more inclined towards the brown box but it will increase wear/ tear of firearm .the p7 due to its gas piston mechanism always prefers milder ammo so green box is suitable for it.

Cost was Rs57/rnd for each

I have shot a lot.. and have competed in tournaments as well. But this shooting is just beyond amazing Sir Stealth..

My hat's off to you!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I have shot a lot.. and have competed in tournaments as well. But this shooting is just beyond amazing Sir Stealth..

My hat's off to you!
    Thanks ED...There are some seniors who shoot much better than me but im trying to get there..
    p.s: Im a young fellow so no need for "Sir"
    YouTube: Stealth Tactical Instagram:Guns_Pakistan
    "No wise man ever took a handgun to a gunfight" Wyatt Earp

I vow and declare that anyone who can shoot like this wil alwasy be a Sir in my books. Quoting from personal experience, the best competitors equipped with monoculars and the Sig X5 and above and match grade ammo could hardly come close to this.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Recently I bought five boxes (of 50, with flag) of POF 9mm PIIZ 2016 & 2017 batches. @ Rs.60/pop.
    This is my first purchase of POF 9mm. Prices have forced me from S&B to Norinco and now POF !
    This Sunday, I fired half box, via CF98 using four magazines. Shot from 25 feet, standing, double hand grip, getting 4 inch group.
    I was testing for reliability, not accuracy. Fouling was no more than Chinese round.

There is not much difference in S&B and Pof except that S&B shoots a little cleaner.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

There is not much difference in S&B and Pof except that S&B shoots a little cleaner.
    S&B is very reliable and fine ammo. i have not personally seen these new POF rounds with brown box. but from the photos they do look like S&B rounds.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

So I'm guessing you are implying that pof is not reliable?

So I'm guessing you are implying that pof is not reliable?
    no dear. this implies that i am very impressed if POF ammo is at par with S&B ammo but a bit smoky(no issues). i tried buying them from open market but were short at the moment. old stock Pak flag box ammo is also very reliable and accurate.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    no dear. this implies that i am very impressed if POF ammo is at par with S&B ammo but a bit smoky(no issues). i tried buying them from open market but were short at the moment. old stock Pak flag box ammo is also very reliable and accurate.
    I found the new stock better in accuracy but it a much hotter then the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I found the new stock better in accuracy but it a much hotter then the old one.
    Laal Mirch taiz kardi hai lgta hai.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Laal Mirch taiz kardi hai lgta hai.
    Lol ,but the extra Mirch is not too good for guns stomach.

the new brown box 2017 is ideal for SD
    not so much for range as it increases wear on gun. Though it was made keeping the mp5 in mind

yes indeed. My personal favorite is the new 2017 brown box.

We (Deathrow, me and some friends) subjected the brown box to a chrony test. the old Pak flag box settles in at a relatively mild 1095 or so FPS.

The brown box is a blazing 1395 fps. That is waaay hotter then the 1350 fps Chinese red box plus + ammo.

When we shot telephone directories, the POF Pak flag made it to 750 pages or so before deforming completely. (it being copper jacketed an all).

The Chinese red box went though both 1000 plus pages directories (leaving a huge and ragged exit hole).

The brown box ones we have not tested on ptcl telephone directories, but I am sure it will be even more penetrative than China red box.

However, they were a stop gap measure and are not being produced/ procured anymore. I suggest every one should get at least one box or so.

The pof 9mm p11z is back in a very beautiful packing.Name:  2018-01-13 09.45.26.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  43.4 KBName:  2018-01-13 09.45.04.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  60.7 KB

The accuracy of newer .... loose pack box is actually better than any of previous. Including the previous hotter batch with green primer ring.
    Of all the things in the world ... simplicity is most beautiful ...