Thread: Of 144 permits and Karachi LEAs

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Of 144 permits and Karachi LEAs

So, one night this Ramazan I was stopped by the rangers during snap checking.

Before they frisked me I told them I was in possession of a licensed firearm and asked for their permission to take it out and unload the same. On being given said permission I showed them my unloaded weapon They took pics of my car's registration plates with a mobile phone. Asked for my permit,. Checked to see if it was valid, checked my license (Sindh computerized one) saw the relevant police station entry. Asked me my profession, wanted to know why I carry. When i answered all their quarries the officer who was questioning me apologized for any inconvenience caused, told me it was a 'zabardast' (awesome) license. (They love computerized lics apparently) and let me go. The whole process took all of 6 7 minutes max.

P.S It was an NP 42 loaded with SnB hollow points and a few hydro shocks + one in the chamber

I have also been stopped by the police as well and they straight away ask for my permit, and only then do they check my licence. Whenever I have had my permit to go with my license the cops have not bothered me as such either.

So always ALWAYS make sure that all your documents are in order when conceal carrying your firearm.

Yes you may come across people who will tell you otherwise, and would also tell you not to have your carry weapon registered at the local police station.

However, the 144 carry permit (as it is issued by the Sindh home department; Karachi ) clearly states that it will not be valid unless the license and weapon are registered at the local PS. At the very least have your carry weapon properly documented since the odds are that you will be stopped when carrying it thanks to the frequent spot checks being conducted in the city lately.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing your experience.

A+. It's good to have documents in order and up to date
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    So, one night this Ramazan I was stopped by the rangers during snap checking.

Before they frisked me I told them I was in possession of a licensed firearm and asked for their permission to take it out and unload the same. On being given said permission I showed them my unloaded weapon They took pics of my car's registration plates with a mobile phone. Asked for my permit,. Checked to see if it was valid, checked my license (Sindh computerized one) saw the relevant police station entry. Asked me my profession, wanted to know why I carry. When i answered all their quarries the officer who was questioning me apologized for any inconvenience caused, told me it was a 'zabardast' (awesome) license. (They love computerized lics apparently) and let me go. The whole process took all of 6 7 minutes max.

P.S It was an NP 42 loaded with SnB hollow points and a few hydro shocks + one in the chamber

I have also been stopped by the police as well and they straight away ask for my permit, and only then do they check my licence. Whenever I have had my permit to go with my license the cops have not bothered me as such either.

So always ALWAYS make sure that all your documents are in order when conceal carrying your firearm.

Yes you may come across people who will tell you otherwise, and would also tell you not to have your carry weapon registered at the local police station.

However, the 144 carry permit (as it is issued by the Sindh home department; Karachi ) clearly states that it will not be valid unless the license and weapon are registered at the local PS. At the very least have your carry weapon properly documented since the odds are that you will be stopped when carrying it thanks to the frequent spot checks being conducted in the city lately.
    +1
    Dear enigmatic bro.. can u please guide regarding the process of obtaining permit from karachi. I am resident of Islamabad but I usually travel to Karachi by road. I have All Pak MOI License. It would be of great help if you guide me so that I apply for the permission before coming to Karachi next time.
    Thanks buddy
    "If Allah brings you to it, he will bring you through it"

Quote Originally Posted by common man View Post
    +1
    Dear enigmatic bro.. can u please guide regarding the process of obtaining permit from karachi. I am resident of Islamabad but I usually travel to Karachi by road. I have All Pak MOI License. It would be of great help if you guide me so that I apply for the permission before coming to Karachi next time.
    Thanks buddy
    Mostly, dealers located in Saddar main lucky star do so the needful. They generally charge 4 to 5k or so per permit ( ranging from 3 to 6 months or so)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Mostly, dealers located in Saddar main lucky star do so the needful. They generally charge 4 to 5k or so per permit ( ranging from 3 to 6 months or so)
    ED Brodar...Can you tell me from which dealer you get your 144 permit made and for how much? Because I need one for myself. Your help will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by a.basit94 View Post
    ED Brodar...Can you tell me from which dealer you get your 144 permit made and for how much? Because I need one for myself. Your help will be appreciated!
    As a general rule, We tend to go through dealers from whom we buy arms. they know us and are willing to take on the hassle for a few hundred bucks

As a general rule, We tend to go through dealers from whom we buy arms. they know us and are willing to take on the hassle for a few hundred bucks
    Well Abbas Bhai, can you recommend me to your dealer please because my father in passed use to purchase weapon from Abbas Bhai(Hm Traders) but he didn't know me.....So can i take your reference to your recommended person!

Sure, give him your late fathers reference as well as mine

Sure, give him your late fathers reference as well as mine
    Abbas Bhai...Alhumdulilah my father is alive bro But now he dont use weapon. Shoq Khatam Unka! ....I will let you know having talk with HM Trader's Abbas Bhai about the 144 permit!

I will never that smart to understand our genius policy makers mind.
    When we obtain firearm license after paying fee and qualify all their needs
    We pay tax (annual fee) for possessing firearm
    Then whats the point to have 2nd and 3rd paper for karachi or any other city ?
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    I agree with you.

My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Exactly Afzaal Bhai. The arms license issued to us means we can keep and 'conceal carry' registered weapon.
    The carry permit is nothing but a dollar printing machine.
    I have learnt that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way. (Let's pray for the mankind, our Muslim Nation and our Country)

Pre-cisely! The home departmetn earns a living this way during 'lean' periods when no licenses are being issued.

Quote Originally Posted by RZ View Post
    Exactly Afzaal Bhai. The arms license issued to us means we can keep and 'conceal carry' registered weapon.
    The carry permit is nothing but a dollar printing machine.
    +1....mun ki baat chein li aap ne

Sir, there are no official charges for a carrying permit.
    You just need to visit home department sindh, license section.
    Submit an application or a printed form available there, thatís it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mir shaz View Post
    Sir, there are no official charges for a carrying permit.
    You just need to visit home department sindh, license section.
    Submit an application or a printed form available there, that’s it.
    Officially es, there are no charges. But last I tried to get something done there for free (my .223 rifle permit) Shudder. never again wil i try. Even though I got the job done without spending a rupee

In last week of December, 144 permit for 180 days cost me 3.5k by Tactical Arms