Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Group; Active or Not?

Pappoo yaar. As you have mentioned yourself whatsapp group makes the forum less active and kills it's spirit.
    If there was a whatsapp group, Who would go for the trouble of logging in herr and posting a thread??
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaz View Post
    This one is the one i have i want to bring it back to it glory day any advice will be much appritiated
    Name:  IMG_20171006_100414.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  50.3 KB

This looks like a gun from the Mughal's era.

Anyway try DAK Bazar
    Last edited by MK47; 28-03-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. This forum is an excellent forum by all means. The only problem is that sometimes the throughput time is a little more than desired. I have never had that problem because most of my queries were addressed promptly and correctly. However, a few queries sometimes keep hanging.

I had a suggestion. Have you peeps ever considered making a whatsapp group that is very strictly monitored with strict posting rules?

We have a very active Vezel Specific Whatsapp group with over 200 members. We started off as a PakWheels forum thread, migrated to FaceBook and eventually graduated to Whatsapp. The rules are strict. Violators are warned on the first offence and kicked out on the second offence. We have 5 admins (who are very active - I am NOT an admin because I just cannot stay as active - daal roti reasons).

The biggest advantage, throughput is instant. Over the time all members are very compliant and there is no non-sense in the group. Additionally, we also now know who specializes in what. So with throughput that is instant, we wait for experts of the specific query to ratify/over-rule what has been suggested by other members. Over the time the FB page is almost completely inactive now. We are somewhat active on PakWheels and the Whatsapp Group is super active.

Is this suggestion something we could work on?
    Been there done that.. Whatsap groups have their own charm. Heck, I help run one gun group myself. But ye good ole 'Pak Guns is pappa, mama and grandpa combined. Over the years the people we met here became family. And even though we have our own whatsapp gun related groups and other spinoffs. The time I spend here, I dont dedicate to the groups that I have created myself.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Pappoo yaar. As you have mentioned yourself whatsapp group makes the forum less active and kills it's spirit.
    If there was a whatsapp group, Who would go for the trouble of logging in herr and posting a thread??
    Yeah that was my apprehension too.
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Pappoo yaar.
    O wowwww, I see a "Yaar" in there. Are we getting closer??? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Been there done that.. Whatsap groups have their own charm. Heck, I help run one gun group myself. But ye good ole 'Pak Guns is pappa, mama and grandpa combined. Over the years the people we met here became family. And even though we have our own whatsapp gun related groups and other spinoffs. The time I spend here, I dont dedicate to the groups that I have created myself.
    Understandable. Makes a lotta sense. It was worth a shot though.

I still think that this forum will never loose its charm because it has specific threads with specific topics. Whatsapp Groups can never emulate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The time I spend here, I dont dedicate to the groups that I have created myself.
    We are all very thankful for that. Your continuous support with that of a some of the other very active members makes PG the papa, mama and granpa.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    Understandable. Makes a lotta sense. It was worth a shot though.

I still think that this forum will never loose its charm because it has specific threads with specific topics. Whatsapp Groups can never emulate that.

We are all very thankful for that. Your continuous support with that of a some of the other very active members makes PG the papa, mama and granpa.
    Awww.. you just made me blush..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I cannot find Facebook page, seems like some admin has wrongly banned me.
    I think therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    I cannot find Facebook page, seems like some admin has wrongly banned me.
    It's not appearing in the search bar. But you can access it in your groups tab on FB.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )