Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Group; Active or Not?

Facebook Group; Active or Not?

Salam friends,

Recently i saw an interesting informative article related to firearms safety and thought i'd share it on Facebook PG group. But the group did not show up in facebook's autocomplete listdown.

Fearing that the group is no more i searched for it from my main search and it showed up just fine. My status also appeared as 'joined' on it. Some relief.

But strangely enough i couldnt see any posts on the group since Feb 2017. Also I am unable to post anything directly on the group.

Surely this group couldnt be this inactive... so what the problem is totally stumps me.

Would appreciate if the admins could help me out and shed some light on this...

Thanks
    Mughees
    Regards,
    Mughees

Blog Entries
    Posting on PG Facebook page has been restricted to admins only, not a pleasant decision but had to take after page was reported to authorities (Facebook and LEA's) for activity of illegal firearms trade. We tried our best to keep the page checked for such things, warning & banning members (that most of the times resulted threats, abuses n bakwas on our own FB pages) but nothing worked so posting restricted
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Posting on PG Facebook page has been restricted to admins only, not a pleasant decision but had to take after page was reported to authorities (Facebook and LEA's) for activity of illegal firearms trade. We tried our best to keep the page checked for such things, warning & banning members (that most of the times resulted threats, abuses n bakwas on our own FB pages) but nothing worked so posting restricted
    Thanks for your detailed reply janab. This is a sad story imho.

The FB group was a very convenient platform to stay updated with various NPB related local news and interesting information. I hope somehow
    Its function is restored so everyone can benefit from it like before.

Just a suggestion, even though you guys/admins might have consodered/debated this already, couldnt you put a facebook's posts review filter to keep a check on the illicit post?
    Regards,
    Mughees

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mughees View Post
    Thanks for your detailed reply janab. This is a sad story imho.

The FB group was a very convenient platform to stay updated with various NPB related local news and interesting information. I hope somehow
    Its function is restored so everyone can benefit from it like before.

Just a suggestion, even though you guys/admins might have consodered/debated this already, couldnt you put a facebook's posts review filter to keep a check on the illicit post?
    Surely considered that too; admins are not able to review posts 24/7 due to the things they have to do for their 'rozi roti' so based on our previous experience we concluded that delay in reviewing n approving could get us abused more
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

need Info

respected sir i want to know about this gun my father has an old one like this in his collection but can only found this pic on pakguns
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow some old fellow here
    Great thread to you choosen for asking question lolz
    Well its local made TT 30 bore.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    its a 7.62x25 or tees bore local made. Its market value will be about 1 to 1.5k or so
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Wow some old fellow here
    Great thread to you choosen for asking question lolz
    Well its local made TT 30 bore.
    thanks for reply sir i intended to post on fb but there is a ban there this was my next best option

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    its a 7.62x25 or tees bore local made. Its market value will be about 1 to 1.5k or so
    respected sir thanks for reply that much i know the one i have is very rusty inside i want to know how to service it myself is this pistol a copy of some original one from which i can get idea to disassemble mine

This is a popular pistol design made by DAK gunsmiths. I have seem others like it. If iti is the same it may be opened roughly the same way as the TT.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

For some reason I *really* like those grips...

This one is the one i have i want to bring it back to it glory day any advice will be much appritiated
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Err. what exactly was it like in its glory days? I mean do you want to chrome it or re-blue it or change its grips? Because to my eyes at least, it looks as 'glorious' as it ever can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Err. what exactly was it like in its glory days? I mean do you want to chrome it or re-blue it or change its grips? Because to my eyes at least, it looks as 'glorious' as it ever can be.
    it had blued slide and barrel, brushed silver frame and trigger and polished wooden grip

Blog Entries
    I guess they are less slippy ?
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    For some reason I *really* like those grips...
    I guess they are less slippy ?
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

Please don,t waste our time.

*Knock knock knock
    Why the group on FB is on silent mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    review posts 24/7 due to the things they have to do for their 'rozi roti' so based on our previous experience we concluded that delay in reviewing n approving could get us abused more
    That makes a lot of sense. This forum is an excellent forum by all means. The only problem is that sometimes the throughput time is a little more than desired. I have never had that problem because most of my queries were addressed promptly and correctly. However, a few queries sometimes keep hanging.

I had a suggestion. Have you peeps ever considered making a whatsapp group that is very strictly monitored with strict posting rules?

We have a very active Vezel Specific Whatsapp group with over 200 members. We started off as a PakWheels forum thread, migrated to FaceBook and eventually graduated to Whatsapp. The rules are strict. Violators are warned on the first offence and kicked out on the second offence. We have 5 admins (who are very active - I am NOT an admin because I just cannot stay as active - daal roti reasons).

The biggest advantage, throughput is instant. Over the time all members are very compliant and there is no non-sense in the group. Additionally, we also now know who specializes in what. So with throughput that is instant, we wait for experts of the specific query to ratify/over-rule what has been suggested by other members. Over the time the FB page is almost completely inactive now. We are somewhat active on PakWheels and the Whatsapp Group is super active.

Is this suggestion something we could work on?
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....