Thread: Long term storage of weapons ?

Lord of War

Long term storage of weapons ?

AOA

Recently I got job in Australia. Little are the chances for me coming back. I have more than dozen licenses and weapons which I want to store them safe for at least 10 years away from moisture rust and other things.

Need help from experts as how to preserve these firearms as far as I Google it

Needs a tough plastic bag preferably of a good size
    And a vacuum device to sucks all air out and at the end seal that plastic bag

Please guide me

Do I need to thoroughly lubricate the weapons before packing if yes than lubricate it with what ? Oil or grease .
    How to take care of stock
    Where to get these tough quality plastic bags and

Where I can get that vacuum creating and sealing machine ?

Any other feedback or words of advise are very much required as time is short before I leave. Want to get this burden off my head

Regards

Lord of War
    And do I need silica gel particles inside of each vacuum beg for additional moisture absorber

Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    And do I need silica gel particles inside of each vacuum beg for additional moisture absorber
    Bro you still have that sarsilmaz k2

Bro grease them its the old school way.

Lord of War
    @FA226
    Thanks for reply. It means I do not necessarily have to vacuum pack them instead after cleaning the barrels thoroughly grease them and pack and wrap them in plastic bags. And hopefully weapons will remain in same condition at least after 5 years or so.

And yes Sir I do have Sarsilmaz K2 in .45

@FA226
    Thanks for reply. It means I do not necessarily have to vacuum pack them instead after cleaning the barrels thoroughly grease them and pack and wrap them in plastic bags. And hopefully weapons will remain in same condition at least after 5 years or so.

And yes Sir I do have Sarsilmaz K2 in .45
    Yes bro after cleaning put good quality grease on internal and external sides of weapons and pack them in plastic it will be ok.

If you don,t mind me asking if you have any plans of letting k2 go,i am interested.
    Last edited by FA226; 18-03-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Lord of War
    Although all of my weapons and licenses are practically useless for me. But time is too short I am leaving in two weeks and there is also no method to sale a weapon

Although all of my weapons and licenses are practically useless for me. But time is too short I am leaving in two weeks and there is also no method to sale a weapon
    Bro please give me you contact so we can talk.
    Last edited by FA226; 18-03-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Lord of War
    Last edited by cancer_doc; 18-03-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Bro check your email.

Brother
    My family member greased pack his shotie in 1995
    & i have checked that some couple of years ago that was in mint condition.
    After greasing he wrapped it in polythene. ..
    fb. com/ nartopa1
    Youtube. com /Afzaalwardag
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Bro use grease on your weapon that's the best and easiest way for long term storage and wrap your weapon with plastic food wrapper . The one which is used for sandwich wrapping It works great and clings with the weapon like gloves . I also travel most of the time for long I have been using this method for a long time with out fail or any issues . Put the weapon in case or bag and for extra protection you can wrap the case as well with one or two layer so it get protected from dust as well and bag also get stored in a good way and stays like new . I hope it helps .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Lord of War
    @afzaal & hmd

Thanks a lot I will do the exact. I think it is the best protection I can give. But what grease to use is it special for gun storage or automobile goda grease.

If it is automobile grease than apply it as such or dilute with automobile oil. In other words what should be the consistency of grease to be applied more oily pure grease or myonaese like consistency

Regards

Any quality brand grease
    No need to mix with any anything else.
    Fill barrels of your weapons with grease and apply it on each part to cover it with grease.
    Even its friendly on wood aswell.
    Wrap polythene and fasten with threads.
    All done.
    fb. com/ nartopa1
    Youtube. com /Afzaalwardag
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

@afzaal & hmd

Thanks a lot I will do the exact. I think it is the best protection I can give. But what grease to use is it special for gun storage or automobile goda grease.

If it is automobile grease than apply it as such or dilute with automobile oil. In other words what should be the consistency of grease to be applied more oily pure grease or myonaese like consistency

Regards
    Bro use a good quailty automobile grease and use it in its orignal form just make sure that you cover the weapon inside out with a layer of it.

Lord of War
    Thanks friends actually I have got the grease and other stuff will try to do every step perfect.

Thank you all once again

Expert Member
    Dear Brother,
    All the best for your future endeavor....
    May Allah SWT bless you with success, guidance, protection, help and all the Khair and very importantly protect your Eemaan there.

I still remember, when we have were quite enthusiastic about getting licenses.., few years ago... and sharing the details with each other... and then buying our weapons... etc...

Then the incident of the snake which you shot in your home

All are in the memory....

Wish you best for future....

And BTW, as far as your gun storage is concerned, well experts and seniors did inform you, but I want to have your attention on an important aspect....

That is security of the weapons.... don't forget to secure the weapons in a very safe custody.... because, weapons will remain in your ownership. So, lock them in a very very secure place.
    Thanks
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Expert Member
    Waisay cannot you transfer your weapons?

If you know what I mean
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Dear Brother,
    All the best for your future endeavor....
    May Allah SWT bless you with success, guidance, protection, help and all the Khair and very importantly protect your Eemaan there.

I still remember, when we have were quite enthusiastic about getting licenses.., few years ago... and sharing the details with each other... and then buying our weapons... etc...

Then the incident of the snake which you shot in your home

All are in the memory....

Wish you best for future....

And BTW, as far as your gun storage is concerned, well experts and seniors did inform you, but I want to have your attention on an important aspect....

That is security of the weapons.... don't forget to secure the weapons in a very safe custody.... because, weapons will remain in your ownership. So, lock them in a very very secure place.
    Thanks
    Thanks brother. Weapons will be secure as they are now.

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Waisay cannot you transfer your weapons?

If you know what I mean
    Hope that was an option