Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .22-250 Remington is NPB?

yes but now i think i may have applied for 12 gauge shotgun licence instead of .22
    I have 30 bore pistol licence from MOI.
    member please explain how to convert a pistol licence into rifle licence. as i want to convert my pistol licence in 223 bore rifle licence.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Attique View Post
    yes but now i think i may have applied for 12 gauge shotgun licence instead of .22
    I have 30 bore pistol licence from MOI.
    member please explain how to convert a pistol licence into rifle licence. as i want to convert my pistol licence in 223 bore rifle licence.
    Conversion is at halt now, one of my license is with MOI for more than a year now, waiting for demand note since then

Expert Member
    Check HK model 300 in 22 magnum online or AK 47 shaped Adler 22 magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Check HK model 300 in 22 magnum online or AK 47 shaped Adler 22 magnum
    Thanks ahmed brother. Do u have any idea about the price of HK model 300 and Adler 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    22 hornet & 22-250 in semi auto are rare birds. 22Hornet K is a wildcat & I have not seen it our side of pond.

I would suggest you to buy a 22 Magnum Adler or HK semi auto (Both will be used) if your only option is 22 license. 22 Magnum from rifle length barrel offers respective energy numbers & these rifles comes with 20 round magazines so you have follow up shots capability.
    Ahmed brother do u think 22-250 is a .22 round?
    I searched google and found that 22-250 is a high velocity .22 bullet.but i think there is a confusion that someone thinks i canot have it on .22 licence.

Brother the 22-250 is a .22 caliber round but with a heavy bullet/projectile and much larger case than the 22 Long Rifle round. So you won't be able to hold a 22-250 on a 22 LR license. That is if you are able to find a 22-250 rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    Brother the 22-250 is a .22 caliber round but with a heavy bullet/projectile and much larger case than the 22 Long Rifle round. So you won't be able to hold a 22-250 on a 22 LR license. That is if you are able to find a 22-250 rifle.
    Thanks ali brother. But in my licence .22 bore rifle is written. There is nthing like LR(long rifle) written in my licence.
    And some one told me thats if it is .22 bore licence then i can have any .22 bore size rifle on it regardless the casing size and weight of projectile(.22 magnum, .22-250, .22 hornet, .22lr).finding a 22-250 rifle is a different issue.
    I need ur valuable comments on this...
    Last edited by Attique; 12-02-2017 at 08:38 PM.

> What if i have have .22-250 semi automatic rifle?

There are a few small companies in the USA building AR-15 variants in .22-250. Other than that, I don't know of any autoloading rifles in that caliber, and a quick web search didn't show any.

It's a very powerful cartridge for its size, normally found in bolt action and single shot rifles.

As i have talked to a person at DC office to change the bore of my licence.he said it will be done.he said that .22 licence can be converted into 7mm,8mm,303. I came home and googled 8mm round. I found that 44 bore is also 8mm.
    Members please explain is 44 bore a 8mm round.if yes then can i have it on 8mm licence.

Bro which licence do you have ? Moi , punjab??
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    Bro which licence do you have ? Moi , punjab??
    Brother i have kpk licence.

Ok. I think kpk laws have become more strict for many calibers. Not sure what rifles they allow on NPB now.

On the 2nd part, yes theoretically 8mm (8x57) and 44bore (7.92x33Kurz) can fall under the same caliber. But technically these two rounds are totally different. First being very powerful, great history and still available while later being more of an unknown thing, locally produced and under powered.
    You won't find any original platform for 7.92kurz here. Also ammo is local produced completely.
    LEAs will not accept a 44bore on a 8mm licence. You won't win the argument with them that both projectiles are of same diameter. Here things are mostly known by their local names so Its better to keep things straight in my opinion
    Last edited by fezan; 19-02-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Btw why don't you try to get a .223 on your licence. Get your.22 converted to " One NPB rifle only", buy a norinco CQA and live happily after.

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    Btw why don't you try to get a .223 on your licence. Get your.22 converted to " One NPB rifle only", buy a norinco CQA and live happily after.
    Bro i went to DC office to convert my .22 licence to 223.but he said it can be converted to 7mm,8mm and .303. Is there any 8mm semi auto rifle avaliable?
    Some one told me that 8mm ak47 pak made are avaliable.and are reliable.

Bro i went to DC office to convert my .22 licence to 223.but he said it can be converted to 7mm,8mm and .303. Is there any 8mm semi auto rifle avaliable?
    Some one told me that 8mm ak47 pak made are avaliable.and are reliable.
    Ohh pls. Don't buy that crap. It's better to have a Baseball bat than that thing. Most unreliable weapon you can find here.

If you are after semi-auto in these calibers, than better to get a M1 Garand, converted to 8mm

M1 Garand original caliber is 30-06. Just check if they allow 30-06 on your .22 licence.
    It is the same thing as British 303 or German 8mm

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Thanks ahmed brother. Do u have any idea about the price of HK model 300 and Adler 22.
    a 22lr adler in ak shape may go from 25k to 55k depending on condition

As for 8mm in ak shape. no no just N.O

I have known of too many cases where they weapons have gone grenade to their shooters. If that happens you would be lucky to simply lose a finger or two.

It may not happen the first time or the 2nd or even the 100th shot. But it might at the 101st.. And all ht verbal 'gurentees' would not be able to return you your fingers/eyes or anything else. .Since they are OEM (original equipment manufactured) and 'factory fitted' with no decent replacements available as yet..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    a 22lr adler in ak shape may go from 25k to 55k depending on condition

As for 8mm in ak shape. no no just N.O

I have known of too many cases where they weapons have gone grenade to their shooters. If that happens you would be lucky to simply lose a finger or two.

It may not happen the first time or the 2nd or even the 100th shot. But it might at the 101st.. And all ht verbal 'gurentees' would not be able to return you your fingers/eyes or anything else. .Since they are OEM (original equipment manufactured) and 'factory fitted' with no decent replacements available as yet..
    ok. brother will u suggest .22lr or .22 magnum rifle for self/ home defense?

8 mm in AK shape is a no no . ED have put it very nicely in his post but if you can find a nice condition bolt action 8 mm its a totally different story . Get any bolt action it will serve you well go for 7 mm . Shooting and AK or M4 is fun and they look more cool then bolt action but shooting a bolt action is equal fun as the above mention rifles not an ideal for HD/SD . This is just my opinion .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

is .22 magnum or .22 lr rifle good for home/ self defense?