Thread: 9 mm vs 38 Special vs 357 magnum

9 mm vs 38 Special vs 357 magnum

Just made a internet searc, to my surprise came to know that 9 mm is more powerfull than 38 special. However 357 is the most powerfull among these.

Comparision between cobra and norinco cf 98
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    02atif25@gmail.com

Modern "defensive" civilian 9mm is loaded *much* hotter than NATO or original German spec ammunition. 40 years ago 9mm and .38 Special were much the same as far as performance.

Military surplus .30 Tokarev / tees bore / 7.62x25 is more powerful than NATO 9mm, but some defensive loads exceed that. The main problem with the .30 is that you're stuck with military-style full metal jacket, round nose bullets, which are much less effective than hollowpoint 9mm.

Prvi Partizan in Serbia makes some very nice hollowpoint bullets listed for ".32 ACP" that would make the .30 perform much better.

As for the .357 Magnum... a company called Coonan in the USA makes a "stretch" version of the 1911 that shoots ordinary rimmed .357. DO WANT. But I'll probably never be able to afford one.

nice revolver

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Modern "defensive" civilian 9mm is loaded *much* hotter than NATO or original German spec ammunition. 40 years ago 9mm and .38 Special were much the same as far as performance.

Military surplus .30 Tokarev / tees bore / 7.62x25 is more powerful than NATO 9mm, but some defensive loads exceed that. The main problem with the .30 is that you're stuck with military-style full metal jacket, round nose bullets, which are much less effective than hollowpoint 9mm.

Prvi Partizan in Serbia makes some very nice hollowpoint bullets listed for ".32 ACP" that would make the .30 perform much better.

As for the .357 Magnum... a company called Coonan in the USA makes a "stretch" version of the 1911 that shoots ordinary rimmed .357. DO WANT. But I'll probably never be able to afford one.
    A 1911 chambered fro .357.. Its just just does not sound right.. Kinda like egg sandwiches dipped in diet coke. I love both the platforms and would aquire em.. But n their original configerations.. As regards the parvati petrizan pvtoi partizen Oh hell. Pretty pretty partisan.... Thier .30 HPs I have seen. While I have not personally checked their mushrooming capabilities. I have read that at above 1850 fps.. They simply zip though the target without getting a chance to expand properly..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)