Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An attempted mugging: The wannabe 'broast eating asylum seeker'

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

An attempted mugging: The wannabe 'broast eating asylum seeker'

It was a blistery cold and wintry evening.. and I decided to spend it with my fellow Pak gunners. Me and the Sky watcher had some fried fish at Kemari port and than I moved on to Boat Basin at Clifton where I was joined by fellow member Foxhound who had dropped in from Australia for a few days.

As we were chatting amicably, this dude on a bike slowly coasts up to us and asks” Where is Karachi Broast?” Since we almost standing in front of it I simply pointed it out.. Whereupon he promptly changed his mind and asked us where the “embassy” was.. When we asked him which embassy he had in mind. He had no idea.. And the fact that 12 in the night embassies tend to be closed was something we did not tell him (would not want to break the poor dear’s heart) Maybe he was a severely prosecuted chap who was desperately seeking asylum…

What we did do though, was that we sneaked our hands inside our jackets. My piece was at home and the good Foxhound was carrying his.. in his car.. And the car was right in front of us. But may as well be a million miles away.. I suppose we could have called ‘Time out’ till we retrieved at least his weapon from his vehicle but I had a sneaking suspicion the wannabe ‘Broast-eating-asylum seeker’ was not going to display any sportsmanship. :/

He insisted on finding an embassy.. Any embassy…. At that point in time... But we sort of sidled away with our hands in our jackets.. And told him very firmly kay there were none in the area..
    He realized that hungry as he was for a piece of fried chicken... We were not really the plucked chickens he was looking for but more like hissing geese….

Lessons learnt: Its not the weapon you have in your holster or our hand that matters but the one between your ears that can help you survive.. and 2ndly a weapon on your person.. Regardless of how small it may be… is far more valuable than the combat customized laser equipped full size 9mm sitting on your side table at home.

Many of us go for the latest super snazzy imported, nice big shiny big brand large sized handgun and gleefully carry it. At least for a few months.. Than the burden of lugging that big and heavy piece of metal becomes a chore and we start leaving it at home or in the car.. It is far better to have a compact (or even sub compact) that is a part of you on an everyday basis than a large weapon that you may not have on you when you need it the most.

Tailpiece: Carry permits in Karachi are still closed, therefore we cant really carry our licensed weapons on us as such..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

U cld just tease him ed saien.
    Jhapatna...Palatna...Palat kr jhaptna,
    Lahoo ko garmany ka hy ik bahana!!!

Actually he was on the phone.. using his hands free device. And looking all around. Due to increased checking, they move around in groups stretching a km or two. while being in touch on the phone. When they find a suitable target they get together, do their thing and take off in multiple different directions..

At least this has been my conclusion based on yesterday night's events
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 24-01-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

> Carry permits in Karachi are still closed,

Bummer. So, what lawful defensive options are available to inhabitants/visitors to Karachi?

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post

Bummer. So, what lawful defensive options are available to inhabitants/visitors to Karachi?
    Bricks, Rocks, Stones, twigs, sticks, fists etc...
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Actually he was on the phone.. using his hands free device. And looking all around. Due to increased checking, they move around in groups stretching a km or tow. while being in touch on the phone. When they find a suitable target they get together, do their thing and take off in multiple different directions..

At least this has been my conclusion based on yesterday night's events
    very unfortunate. there should be increased security measures and allow fellow country men to carry firearms.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post

sod the permits!! carry on brother.

I haven't had a permit made in 2 years now, sure you might get stopped and frisked by LEAs, but if they want to give you trouble, no permit will save you.

Don't carry to show off, or when you might be going to a risky area. Shit can happen anytime and anywhere.
    When you carry, carry 24/7! carry to the toilet at home when taking a dump! carry when dropping off kids to school at 7am with your eyes half shut, carry while sprawled out on the couch watching TV.

Make it an integral part of your body, an extension, a mutation, a growth on your waist! Feel incomplete unless it is there digging in your side. If you cannot do any of that, stop carrying and don't decide when or where you "might" need it. There is no Selective Carrying,v I have seen way too many "Shoqeen" who curse themselves for having left the gun behind coz they were just running down the street to buy bread and eggs etc.

and if you carry, make it a lifestyle; change the way you dress, the way you must always be alert and vigilant despite seeming paranoid to others, remember Paranoia saves lives!
    Last edited by Ashes; 23-01-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Paranoia saves lives...

Update: I gave my docs yesterday... I should get my permit for 5 months (6 months backdated since no fresh permits have been 'supposedly' issued this year)

The govt has panicked because of a massive spike in mugging incidents. Their response: Ban carry permits.. Et Viola... problem solved.. Especially since Karachi is the only city where permits are required In addition to licenses. I mean if we dont have permits. that means the muggers would go .. Oh damnnnn.. now we cant ply our trade right?

( And to think we 'elected' em)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post

I haven't had a permit made in 2 years now, sure you might get stopped and frisked by LEAs, but if they want to give you trouble, no permit will save you.

Don't carry to show off, or when you might be going to a risky area. Shit can happen anytime and anywhere.
    When you carry, carry 24/7! carry to the toilet at home when taking a dump! carry when dropping off kids to school at 7am with your eyes half shut, carry while sprawled out on the couch watching TV.

Make it an integral part of your body, an extension, a mutation, a growth on your waist! Feel incomplete unless it is there digging in your side. If you cannot do any of that, stop carrying and don't decide when or where you "might" need it. There is no Selective Carrying,v I have seen way too many "Shoqeen" who curse themselves for having left the gun behind coz they were just running down the street to buy bread and eggs etc.

and if you carry, make it a lifestyle; change the way you dress, the way you must always be alert and vigilant despite seeming paranoid to others, remember Paranoia saves lives!
    Very well put brother. You said it with passion and reason. Long long ago the year was 1979, an assassination attempt was made on my late father. The incident was connected to a land dispute he had. My father left for work from our house and barely 500 meters away he was attacked. The assassin emptied a mag full of his .30 TT at my fathers car. During the process the attacker tripped and he managed to hit the car twice. Fortunately my father remained unhurt. My father used to regularly carry his puny semi auto .32 Webley & Scott. Hearing the shots he sped away some distance stopped his car took cover behind his car and shot back at the shooter who was now lying prone on a side walk and still shooting.
    Seeing the return shots the assassin lost his nerve and he started running. My dad reloaded his pistol and gave chase. For some reason the attacker was unable to reload another mag while my father kept shooting at him from his moving car. He was eventually cornered in a dead end by my father and a plain clothes police man who happened to be in the vicinity. The policeman stopped my father from shooting the attacker dead.
    My father used to say he was lucky that at the time there were no AKs or his chances would have been slim that day. The attacker was eventually imprisoned.
    Lesson learnt was that keep ur cool and always carry if you have a known threat or the locality is unsafe.

Bro Ashes wonderful words of motivation since i too am negligent at times as well despite lurking threats. Will remember ur wise words.

Update: I gave my docs yesterday... I should get my permit for 5 months (6 months backdated since no fresh permits have been 'supposedly' issued this year)

The govt has panicked because of a massive spike in mugging incidents. Their response: Ban carry permits.. Et Viola... problem solved.. Especially since Karachi is the only city where permits are required In addition to licenses. I mean if we dont have permits. that means the muggers would go .. Oh damnnnn.. now we cant ply our trade right?

badguys always use licenced weapons with carry permits. they take selfi also after successful mugging.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post

Very well said bro its not easy to CC day in and day out you need to make some changes CC is a complete life style which one have to chose . Totally agree with your opinion . Some members might not agree and think this is to extreme but this is how it goes .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Hey ed whats your email id?...

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    badguys always use licenced weapons with carry permits. they take selfi also after successful mugging.
    Of course.. how else would they be able to enjoy their 'bad guy' status on facebook and twitter?

Of course.. how else would they be able to enjoy their 'bad guy' status on facebook and twitter?
    they tag each other also.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

ED- Glad that you guys came out safe and sound. You are very true about carrying on oneself. One may need the weapon anytime (God forbid) so it should be there not just snooring in the car or at home. Another issue which pointed out is that 144 permits are closed. So what a law abiding citizen do in this situation. LEAs will search us like sniffing dogs and create all sort of issues. Even having a firearm we are unable to carry and protect ourselves!!

I dont know how we can raise voice to the concerns. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by wajeeh View Post
    ED- Glad that you guys came out safe and sound. You are very true about carrying on oneself. One may need the weapon anytime (God forbid) so it should be there not just snooring in the car or at home. Another issue which pointed out is that 144 permits are closed. So what a law abiding citizen do in this situation. LEAs will search us like sniffing dogs and create all sort of issues. Even having a firearm we are unable to carry and protect ourselves!!

I dont know how we can raise voice to the concerns. Any suggestions?
    Well.. I have been informed that my 144 permit is ready and I should pick it up later today. But even w/o it I had been carrying.. Its not pleasant.. being mugged.. it is not

Update: Carry permits opened and the same had become available on a (more or less) sporadic basis

Update: Carry permits opened and the same had become available on a (more or less) sporadic basis
    Do muggers have Carry permits ?
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    Do muggers have Carry permits ?
    Well. I never asked one, to be honest