Thread: Draw backs of using local reload of 5.4539mm ammo

Draw backs of using local reload of 5.4539mm ammo

Hi guys,
    I know it is total stupid question. But what side
    effects will be seen on Russian chrome lined barrel and chamber of Saiga rifle after firing those desi ammo???
    You all know that 5.45 imported ammo prices are insane and big barrier against range time with Russian beauties.

its like running your Honda Civic 2016 on Kerosene Oil.

rest its your life, your rules.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    its like running your Honda Civic 2016 on Kerosene Oil.

rest its your life, your rules.
    Very well explained brother in a simple example .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Hi guys,
    I know it is total stupid question. But what side
    effects will be seen on Russian chrome lined barrel and chamber of Saiga rifle after firing those desi ammo???
    You all know that 5.45 imported ammo prices are insane and big barrier against range time with Russian beauties.
    Bro most of the time their measuring of the powder in ammo is not up to standard some time hot and some time low chances of getting a kaboom very high due to squib or hot loads . My brotherly advise will be to stay away from it .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Its not like that .... do u really think local ammo will kaboom rifle??... i doubt...
    Personally if some one ask me ....i will say using local ammo on range is like spraying ammo in air.. u wont get accracy and proper follow up... or u cant impove ur target... so its useless to spray...
    Rather shoot 10 rounds of match gtade slowly and steadily.....
    To be honest on proper followup range session with instructor one gets tired after shooting 35 rounds... seriously.. it takes 1 min to 2 min to shoot 2nd round...

So choice is urs u want to shoot whole drum in less than 2 min or u want to shoot a single pie and get complete essence out of it...

With local ammo u might get hickups and stopages but kaboom is not a random story... i hope u r lucky enough. ..
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    Its not like that .... do u really think local ammo will kaboom rifle??... i doubt...
    Personally if some one ask me ....i will say using local ammo on range is like spraying ammo in air.. u wont get accracy and proper follow up... or u cant impove ur target... so its useless to spray...
    Rather shoot 10 rounds of match gtade slowly and steadily.....
    To be honest on proper followup range session with instructor one gets tired after shooting 35 rounds... seriously.. it takes 1 min to 2 min to shoot 2nd round...

So choice is urs u want to shoot whole drum in less than 2 min or u want to shoot a single pie and get complete essence out of it...

With local ammo u might get hickups and stopages but kaboom is not a random story... i hope u r lucky enough. ..
    Thanks for the reply.
    How to cross section this Barnaul 5.45 bullet??? Any idea??

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    How to cross section this Barnaul 5.45 bullet??? Any idea??
    with electronic hand cutter and lock the projectile in vice...
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Or you can use a file and a vice. As far as i know unlike the military 7N6 round, Barnaul ammo is for civilians and does not pack either the lead plug at the base of the bob tail nor the air pocket cavity near the tip and as such does not tumble or deform and as such earn the moniker 'poison bullet'
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

P.S What is the price of local 5.45 anyway?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I Zol .222 ammo available ?

Sir, Speaking out of my experience, better stay away from local made .222 ammo,
    thou they cost 40-50 per pop, but roughs up the firing pin. If the weapon is old, fire pin breaks, happened to me.
    Russian all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I Zol .222 ammo available ?
    Yes sir, at lucky star Karachi.
    I got 200 a pop, Russian.

That would be Tula, Barnaul or the old 7n6 Russian military ammo?

The Russian military 7n6 is where the weapon really shines. If you were to cut it up then you will see an air pocket in front and a lead plug in the back. The air pocket caused it to crumble and deform like a jacketed hollow point and the lead plug altnered its centere of gravity cauising it to tumble. Hence the name "poison bullet" in Afghanistan.

If you were to shoot this in a wet telephone directory then the exit hole would be much much bigger then the same created by the NATO green tip .223 ammo.
    However the steel encased civilian rounds such as Barnaul or tula do not have either the air pocket nor the lead plug.

Sir, Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mir shaz View Post
    Sir, Russian.
    All three I.e Tula, Barnaul and the 7n6 are Russian. However the last one is the military round around which the AK 74 platform was developed. the former two came much afterwards and are nowhere near as lethel as the 7n6.

It can be easily distinguished though its greenish colouring. Which one do you have amongst the three?

All three I.e Tula, Barnaul and the 7n6 are Russian. However the last one is the military round around which the AK 74 platform was developed. the former two came much afterwards and are nowhere near as lethel as the 7n6.

It can be easily distinguished though its greenish colouring. Which one do you have amongst the three?
    thank you for enlightening me on this, I thought they are of different origins.

i am posting a picture, I got these, came in a red box.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oooh.. The laal ring wali 9 the red coloured ring one) that is milslurp. I saw em going for 185 a pop at Abbas at HM traders lucky star per piece, with discounts for full box. I proceeded to give him a detailed account as to why it is superior then the silver ones ( he preferred them cause they looked all bright and shiny)

Silly of me really. I bet he has increased the price now

If I am no t mistaken the red ring is 7n10. And comes wiht a penetrator rod made of mild steel. A superior version of the original 7n6.

The BATF (bureau of alcahol, firearms and tobacco ) in the US banned their import due to their armor piercing properties.

oooh.. The laal ring wali 9 the red coloured ring one) that is milslurp. I saw em going for 185 a pop at Abbas at HM traders lucky star per piece, with discounts for full box. I proceeded to give him a detailed account as to why it is superior then the silver ones ( he preferred them cause they looked all bright and shiny)

Silly of me really. I bet he has increased the price now

If I am no t mistaken the red ring is 7n10. And comes wiht a penetrator rod made of mild steel. A superior version of the original 7n6.

The BATF (bureau of alcahol, firearms and tobacco ) in the US banned their import due to their armor piercing properties.

Got these Barnaul ones, the last packet was Barnaul Too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "A gun is like a woman, its about how you hold her"

These are civilian loads sir, to the best of my knowledge