Thread: Need help regarding .30 / 9mm for SD.

Question Need help regarding .30 / 9mm for SD.

AoA senior PG members. I need your help and advice as I have a budget of Rs 50-60K so which pistol I should buy for SD? A .30 or 9mm and which model of these calibers and from where in Karachi, plz.

Supreme Member
    CF98/NP42 or Np22

Dear Assad Khan

In this budget you can get a decent 9mm handgun, If you have a valid empty licence then in Karachi you can visit POF outlet at Navy Fleet Club and check for POF-Sarsilmaz B6 Pistol, its Turkish made and build on the design of famous CZ 75b 9mm pistol.

Norinco pistols are also very reliable, they are chines made pistols, NP-22 is built on the design of famous gun Sig Sauer P226 and it has robust looks, but it is little bit heavy for concealed carry, on the other hand NP42 or CF98 is a slim design and light weight weapon with a polymer frame, it is also official side weapon of Chines Army.

30 bore is old technology, from world war 2, you can get one in 28k to 33k of original Norinco chines brand, it has capacity of only 7 round, not very robust looks but it is slim profile and easy in concealed carry, its a budget gun, for example if someone cant afford corolla or core he go for mehran, its like that.

I do not know if Norinco pistols are available at POF outlet or not. If not then you have to visit a very reliable dealer, and take a senior person who has experience in weapons, along with you. Because most of the dealers are not reliable and try to sell you a darra made clones or used weapons, in the price of new original weapon, when the feel that their customer is very new in this field.

In the end do not listen to any review but listen to your heart go to different dealers and outlets and physical hold the weapon and chose one which attracts you most, after all it will be your gun and you will be its proud owner.

hope you find it helpful bro ... but you have any query ... you can ask.
    Last edited by Falcon_Strike; 14-11-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    NP 42

Lucky Star (Saddar)

Karachi

Take a senior member with you..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Dear All AOA
    Joining u guys after a Long time...
    I needed advice on buying a 9mm.I've browsed through the forum but seems my question hasn't been put anywhere hence
    I'm going to trouble you
    I'm being offered a Glock 19 gen4 for 300K and when I went hey it's too steep the guy goes there's ban on imports you'll be
    lucky if you find one...my question is Is he right or trying to hoodwink me? The gun's new by the way

Quote Originally Posted by pasha View Post
    Dear All AOA
    I needed advice on buying a 9mm.I've browsed through the forum but seems my question hasn't been put anywhere hence
    I'm going to trouble you
    I'm being offered a Glock 19 gen4 for 300K and when I went hey it's too steep the guy goes there's ban on imports you'll be
    lucky if you find one...my question is Is he right or trying to hoodwink me? The gun's new by the way
    Well, he is saying the truth about one thing... there has been a ban on import of weapons from quite some time, no more new guns coming in, even chinese gun rates are sky high right now... it's not exactly the best of times to be purchasing weapons.
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    Well, he is saying the truth about one thing... there has been a ban on import of weapons from quite some time, no more new guns coming in, even chinese gun rates are sky high right now... it's not exactly the best of times to be purchasing weapons.
    actually 300k for a gen IV G 19 is pretty decent..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by pasha View Post
    Dear All AOA
    I'm going to trouble you
    Bro how things are these days 300k is a good price . They are going for 325k . Do check all the goodies in the box ,back strap mags etc .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Sure will tell you guys what's he offering along with the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    Bro how things are these days 300k is a good price . They are going for 325k . Do check all the goodies in the box ,back strap mags etc .

totally agree with Deathrow because i myself browsed the arms market situated in Khi and found out that the prices are way too high for a decent purchase so i settled for a Pak made gun for the time being
    A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Malimaq View Post
    totally agree with Deathrow because i myself browsed the arms market situated in Khi and found out that the prices are way too high for a decent purchase so i settled for a Pak made gun for the time being
    what did you buy? and from where?
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

i bought a 9mm copy of Beretta 92 for Rs.35,000/- from M/s. New Universal & Co.
    A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman.