Thread: Status of Mehfoozpura Garrison Shooting Range

Status of Mehfoozpura Garrison Shooting Range

Can someone kindly update on the current status of shooting range at Mehfoozpura Garrison in Lahore. Is the range still operational. If so then where is the main office to get membership of the range.

The Lahore Rifle Club at Shami Road is SHUT DOWN for an indefinite period according to recently gathered information.

So the only possibility for now it seems is Mehfoozpura Garrison. Please advise on the membership procedure.

Thanks.

The following cell Nos of a newly constructed range at the same place was given by one of
    respected member (Survivalist).

0337-4937308 & 0337-4937310 (Lahore Shooting Gallery).It's located on the southern entrance
    of Mehfooz Shaheed Garrison soon after you touch the BURKI road from Ring road interchange.

Please share the gathered info with forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    The following cell Nos of a newly constructed range at the same place was given by one of
    respected member (Survivalist).

0337-4937308 & 0337-4937310 (Lahore Shooting Gallery).It's located on the southern entrance
    of Mehfooz Shaheed Garrison soon after you touch the BURKI road from Ring road interchange.

Please share the gathered info with forum members.
    Mian Sahib, thanks for your prompt reply. The ones you are talking about is Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery, which is still under construction and on my last visit it gave me the impression that it will take another 6 months to become fully active. The construction of the main building is still in its initial stages. Doubt it will be operational before another 6 months even if the pace of the construction is beefed up for early completion.

Secondly, they are charging Rs 750,000 as membership fees from civilians. Highly doubt they will be able to sell many at that rate. They were asking Rs 10,00,000 at the beginning but reduced it in the first week or so. I don't think it's worth it at that price.

The other range at the Mehfoozpura Garrison is still there for sure. They are charging Rs 25,000 as membership fees and I believe Rs 1000 a month to use it. But I am still collecting information on how to proceed with its membership since it's Military Run facility.

Regarding the range at Shami Road going by the name of Lahore Rifle Club, I have been told by the relevant authorities that it has been closed indefinitely. The authorities are creating the currently under-construction Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery so that such sensitive activities are kept outside of the centre of the city. Whatever information I have regarding Lahore Rifle Club seems to indicate that it has been closed for good. At least for civilian use. Serving military personal might still be allowed to use it. Maybe I end up being wrong in the end.

I hope someone can help me figure out the correct way to obtain membership to use the range at Mehfoozpura Garrison. Since, there are no other operational ranges in Lahore at the moment besides the one at Mehfoozpura Garrison that accommodate civilians as well. There must be countless others strictly for military personnel, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayPigeon View Post
    Mian Sahib, thanks for your prompt reply. The ones you are talking about is Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery, which is still under construction and on my last visit it gave me the impression that it will take another 6 months to become fully active. The construction of the main building is still in its initial stages. Doubt it will be operational before another 6 months even if the pace of the construction is beefed up for early completion.

Secondly, they are charging Rs 750,000 as membership fees from civilians. Highly doubt they will be able to sell many at that rate. They were asking Rs 10,00,000 at the beginning but reduced it in the first week or so. I don't think it's worth it at that price.

The other range at the Mehfoozpura Garrison is still there for sure. They are charging Rs 25,000 as membership fees and I believe Rs 1000 a month to use it.
    AoA Bro,

As you know,any Army unit which is deployed in the Garrison gets control of old range
    in Mehfooz Garrison and the new one falls under the control of some different unit.

I was told that first you have to go through some application submission formalities and
    must give references of at least TWO current members. There after the concerned unit will perform
    applicant's background check, which takes couple of months before he gets the membership.

Please try to visit the Garrison from main gate and ask for the Unit's office,which is looking after
    the old range. Personnel over there will call the concerned office and inform you accordingly.

Secondly, I totally agree with you about the membership rates of the new range. It should not be more
    than 100,000 for civilian members and should have an option for immediate family members to enjoy the
    facility. There are many ways to run the club on commercial basis, but few consultants in the team have their vested interests and don't want to consider any suggestions at this point of time.

If you ask me whether, I would pay them 750,000 PKR for acquiring the membership only, I would rather prefer to:

1. Buy a Brand new Beretta 690 or 692 o/u shotgun. (500,000).
    2. Buy a Brand new Battery operated CLAY THROWER. (100,000).
    3. Buy Clays and cartridges for a year. 150,000).

OR

Buy a Shotgun within a limit of 300,000 PKR.
    Buy a RECURVE ARCHERY BOW & related stuff . 100,000 PKR.
    Buy a 10-mtrs Semi Professional Air pistol ( For Home Range). 100.000 PKR.
    Last edited by Mian-50; 12-09-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    AoA Bro,

As you know,any Army unit which is deployed in the Garrison gets control of old range
    in Mehfooz Garrison and the new one falls under the control of some different unit.

I was told that first you have to go through some application submission formalities and
    must give references of at least TWO current members. There after the concerned unit will perform
    applicant's background check, which takes couple of months before he gets the membership.

Please try to visit the Garrison from main gate and ask for the Unit's office,which is looking after
    the old range. Personnel over there will call the concerned office and inform you accordingly.

Secondly, I totally agree with you about the membership rates of the new range. It should not be more
    than 100,000 for civilian members and should have an option for immediate family members to enjoy the
    facility. There are many ways to run the club on commercial basis, but few consultants in the team have their vested interests and don't want to consider any suggestions at this point of time.

If you ask me whether, I would pay them 750,000 PKR for acquiring the membership only, I would rather prefer to:

1. Buy a Brand new Beretta 690 or 692 o/u shotgun. (500,000).
    2. Buy a Brand new Battery operated CLAY THROWER. (100,000).
    3. Buy Clays and cartridges for a year. 150,000).

OR

Buy a Shotgun within a limit of 300,000 PKR.
    Buy a RECURVE ARCHERY BOW & related stuff . 100,000 PKR.
    Buy a 10-mtrs Semi Professional Air pistol ( For Home Range). 100.000 PKR.

Mian Gee, all that area comes under 10Div. So, the same military authority is handling Lahore Rifle Club, Mehfoozpura Garrison and the currently under-construction Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery.

Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery is being built as a SUBSTITUTE of both Lahore Rifle Club and Mehfoozpura Garrison specifically for CIVILIANS and retired Military Personnel. As far serving military officers there are plenty of places up and down the country. Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery will be run as a money making commercial entity.

But I agree with you on the rest. No one will pay that much amount for military run shooting. Gun Club in Islamabad is a posh private place hence they find it easy to attract the elite crowd of Islamabad and other cities who wont mind paying that much for the environment.

On the other hand, military run places are seldom setup to attract the wealthy. Their environment is more for the general masses. And no one from the masses will pay Rs 750,000 for a club membership. I will be surprised if they will be able to attract the elite crowd at the Lahore Garrison Shooting Gallery as the Gun Club in Islamabad does.

Lets wait and see what happens. I think, they will change their membership structure once they fail to attract the elite crowd. And change membership direction towards attracting the masses instead by allowing membership at affordable rates. As you said, anything under Rs 100,000 will bring in a decent amount of Mango people to shoot at the new range.