Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yugoslavian M57

Yugoslavian M57

I lurk here often to soak up the wisdom of Pakistan's many TT-33 users, but have rarely posted in some time, but I thought I should show off the military surplus Yugo M57 I got today.

The safety on it was added to satisfy US import laws. The bore is mirror bright and perfect, but I suspect it was cobbled together out of surplus parts by Zastava and shipped out. The slide serial does not match the frame, the hammer group serial does not match anything, and the magazines are newer production, not old military issue. Still, it is an M57 and works flawlessly. The holster is original to it.

it looks nice anyways. serial numbers doesnt matter.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Perfect congratulation nice collection

In the US, I believe, the weapon is registered by the frame number, is it ?
    In Pakistan, frame, slide & barrel numbers should match.
    Forensic analysis of fired bullets is matched to bore, crown and chamber, therefore in my opinion, barrel number is the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Forensic analysis of fired bullets is matched to bore, crown and chamber, therefore in my opinion, barrel number is the most important.
    we only need frame number.
    rest of the parts can be changed without an issue.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Service weapon number changed very common in army, when they clean weapon sitting to gather mostly it happened , slide barrel and frame of 9mm Browning pistol mostly was mixed up in UAE army recruit stage
    Last edited by alabidshah; 21-07-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Yeah I only mentioned the serials to indicate that this is a parts gun. Collectors care about matching serials, I care about a good shooting gun lol

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    In the US the frame is the part where the official serial number goes. Ironically in nearly all states (I think California just changed it) you can build any gun yourself without markings or serial number as long as it's a legal weapon to own. If you decide to sell it, you just have to put your name, city and state on it and then whatever number you want on it, and it becomes legal to sell.

So odd question. In the US, the Tokarev is seen as a curiosity, or for the more paranoid, it's their "end of the world gun" because the .30 round can punch through common body armor. Most TT's in the US have safeties of questionable quality to very good, but other than I think some Norinco and recently imported commercial Zastava, all are just aftermarket sear and hammer blocking safeties. The M57 like mine has what is regarded as a rather nice for a TT style gun safety, but it still just blocks trigger/sear. Those who do carry TT's either carry on empty chamber or round in chamber on a half cock, but some will carry an M57 safety on, hammer back, and round in chamber. What is the prefered way in Pakistan?

I think every countries have different rule mostly 12ga pump action guns from USA have only number on frame

About the only time you see parts other than the frame/receiver in the US is either on old military guns where parts were matched to a particular gun, on revolvers with removable cylinders, or on high grade guns with parts mated very specifically to that gun. I typically see major parts of older revolvers marked with at least part of that gun's serial, but that is more to aid in ensuring parts fitted to the gun go back on that gun.

Quote Originally Posted by kf7mjf View Post
    I lurk here often to soak up the wisdom of Pakistan's many TT-33 users, but have rarely posted in some time, but I thought I should show off the military surplus Yugo M57 I got today.

The safety on it was added to satisfy US import laws. The bore is mirror bright and perfect, but I suspect it was cobbled together out of surplus parts by Zastava and shipped out. The slide serial does not match the frame, the hammer group serial does not match anything, and the magazines are newer production, not old military issue. Still, it is an M57 and works flawlessly. The holster is original to it.

nice broo coung.... sir how much ???

Based on today's exchange rate, 23585.63 Pakistani Rupee or $225 US. That included a set of reloading dies, and 75 rounds of S&B ammo.

Expert Member
    In Pakistan mostly TT is carried with empty chamber, while I have some guys carrying with hammer loaded & empty chamber so they can slingshot slide swiftly. While there is a bunch who carry with loaded chamber & hammer lowered on half cock manually.

So just like in the US, nobody can agree LOL!

Expert Member
    So just like in the US, nobody can agree LOL!
    Its same all around the pond.

I think when I get hollowpoint ammo for this, I will carry it on the half cock. I could in theory (and have with a different one) carry it cocked with the safety on, but I have a hard time with that now. The hammer is so easy to manipulate, I think a round chambered and the half cock will be sufficient.

I also picked up 450 rounds of Polish surplus 7.62x25 from 1953 which should be fun to shoot.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I think when I get hollowpoint ammo for this, I will carry it on the half cock. I could in theory (and have with a different one) carry it cocked with the safety on, but I have a hard time with that now. The hammer is so easy to manipulate, I think a round chambered and the half cock will be sufficient.

I also picked up 450 rounds of Polish surplus 7.62x25 from 1953 which should be fun to shoot.
    In our neck of the woods TT models with manual safeties are rare birds indeed. Only half way decent one i know off is the TT 33 manufactured by Badar arms. And we found out bout those only though your fellow countrymen. Seems they were imported to the US and made a cute little splash there apparently.
    I would never carry a TT cocked and locked. dont trust their 'after thought' manual safeties. I have seen at least one Chinese Winamax model with a very loose safet.y

Currently prices of the M57 have surged to Around $720 in my native Karachi. And SnB ball is around $1.10 or so. No idea bout HP rounds. The only ones I had seen were Serbian PP something. Lousy expansion.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    In our neck of the woods TT models with manual safeties are rare birds indeed. Only half way decent one i know off is the TT 33 manufactured by Badar arms. And we found out bout those only though your fellow countrymen. Seems they were imported to the US and made a cute little splash there apparently.
    I would never carry a TT cocked and locked. dont trust their 'after thought' manual safeties. I have seen at least one Chinese Winamax model with a very loose safet.y

Currently prices of the M57 have surged to Around $720 in my native Karachi. And SnB ball is around $1.10 or so. No idea bout HP rounds. The only ones I had seen were Serbian PP something. Lousy expansion.

M57 yogo is 38K in peshawar.

i also have 15 PPU hollow pointed didnt fire them till now.

i think chinese ammo is best for our use.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    M57 yogo is 38K in peshawar.

i also have 15 PPU hollow pointed didnt fire them till now.

i think chinese ammo is best for our use.
    38k!! Sweeet. Here dealrs are lettign it go for 75k
    ANd I saw the RAC one as well. Its finishing was the same as M57. So much so that putting the 2 side by side I could not differentiate. Not at all... These days RAC put in RAC on thier slides, but if they diod not or other manufectereres did not.. No way i could differentiate..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com