Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a 9mm handgun

Suggest a 9mm handgun

I want to buy a 9mm pistol from rwp/isl.
    My budget is 3o - 5ok
    Ive seen many reviews of zigana and i like thate bec its full auto. It fires 15 bullets in 1.8 sec but i think pak made zigana is not reliable bec it miss fires jams and is inaccurate. Video evidence is on youtube.
    Primary purpose is SD also i would like to suppress the sound of my pistol and i highly doubt that pake made hand guns can be suppressed bec the steel used in pistol is not dense enough as a result a lot of sound escapes from it.
    Plz suggest a pak or chiness made 9mm handgun in budget range

Is their a 2016 price list in pakguns?

Supreme Member
    if sound supressing can be compromised then ur only options are cf98/Np42, Np34 ,,Np22 all are under 50 k, B6 ,,IMHO try to purchase imported

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad150 View Post
    I want to buy a 9mm pistol from rwp/isl.
    My budget is 3o - 5ok
    Ive seen many reviews of zigana and i like thate bec its full auto. It fires 15 bullets in 1.8 sec but i think pak made zigana is not reliable bec it miss fires jams and is inaccurate. Video evidence is on youtube.
    Primary purpose is SD also i would like to suppress the sound of my pistol and i highly doubt that pake made hand guns can be suppressed bec the steel used in pistol is not dense enough as a result a lot of sound escapes from it.
    Plz suggest a pak or chiness made 9mm handgun in budget range

Suppressors and full auto are illegal in Pakistan

Why would you want the sound to be suppressed in a weapon intended mainly for SD use? In SD, the louder the better. Am I missing something?

While purchasing a handgun primarily for SD and even at the night stand, specially if it is to be just "one handgun" only, some points to consider are:
    1. Price/ Your Budget
    2. Capability of Conceal Carry (Size/ Dimensions/ Volume, Weight)
    3. Capacity
    4. Calibre
    5. Hammer or Striker Fired
    6. Availability of Night Sights
    7. Availability of Extra Magazines
    8. Safety or Decocker

Remember, do not compromise even 0.1% reliability over cosmetics or a "good deal". Think of it as choosing for yourself a parachute. It may work 99% of the time but may malfunction that one time when you need it the most.

@Glock 17 There is no Decocker and night sight in Glock... am i correct?

There is no decocker or a night sight in a stock Glock but you can any time install a night sight on Glock .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Quote Originally Posted by sadatpk View Post
    if sound supressing can be compromised then ur only options are cf98/Np42, Np34 ,,Np22 all are under 50 k, B6 ,,IMHO try to purchase imported

cf98/Np42, Np34 ,,Np22 all are under 50 k, B6

choose from what SADATPK suggested. suits your budget and are good guns.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    My choice would be the NP 42. I find the NP 22 and its shorter cousin the NP 34 to be inherently bit and bulky. While the NP 34 sacrifices a couple of rounds without decreasing its bulkiness.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

I buy POF st-9 with 50 bullets, for Self defence and sports. Its of Turkey make. Can any one guide that which shooting place i should join in karachi, near Saddar, tariq road etc

Quote Originally Posted by Samiz View Post
    I buy POF st-9 with 50 bullets, for Self defence and sports. Its of Turkey make. Can any one guide that which shooting place i should join in karachi, near Saddar, tariq road etc

You may join Karsaz shooting range (Karsaz), Rangers shooting club (At Super Highway), Airmen Golf and shooting range (At Korangi PAF base) or Arabian Country Club range.

Quote Originally Posted by wajeeh View Post
    You may join Karsaz shooting range (Karsaz), Rangers shooting club (At Super Highway), Airmen Golf and shooting range (At Korangi PAF base) or Arabian Country Club range.
    Arabian Sea country club does not require membership, you can go and practice by paying Rs. 1000 range charges + Rs. 50 per target
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Arabian Sea country club does not require membership, you can go and practice by paying Rs. 1000 range charges + Rs. 50 per target
    are they still accommodating walkins?
    i thought they have stopped now
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    are they still accommodating walkins?
    i thought they have stopped now
    That was Airmen Club. ASCC is still the same last time as far as I know.

i would like to suppress the sound of my pistol
    sir, the difference between a suppressed and non-suppressed weapon is minimal.

Specially if using a suppressed gun indoors, one might still suffer from ringing ears or worse.
    Paranoia saves lives...

Want to purchase a 9mm in price range 100000. Which one is best for concealed carry? Also guide if Taurus 24/7 G2 or Millenium G2 are good guns?
    Khurram Chaudhry
    Lahore, Pakistan.

Prices of all pistols are gone artificially up now a days. Any chance of these lowering down? In lahore, prices are high, whats about in karachi?
    Khurram Chaudhry
    Lahore, Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by khurramchaudhry View Post
    Want to purchase a 9mm in price range 100000. Which one is best for concealed carry? Also guide if Taurus 24/7 G2 or Millenium G2 are good guns?
    Brother in this price range for CC you can go for norinco CF98 , stoeger couger (a bit heavy but managable) , baikal mp446 , canik C100.
    My PO is that to stay away from taurus handguns because of it's light primer strike ... it's 50/50 chance that you will get a good pie or a lemon ... in my experience I had 2 of the models 24/7 and PT 809e both were waste of money ... still if you are curious about taurus then go for PT92 or PT99 it will eat all kind of ammo that you'll feed BTW its full size handgun and heavy too.

Blog Entries
    The budget you mentioned is perfect for an underestimated yet "perfectest" 50K range Handgun, CF-98, and don't look back... I'm telling you, don't look back, it's an indigenous Handgun, no need for clones wannabes.....

Or raise your budget to 70+/- and search for a Canik 55.... ��
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "