Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evaulate My Revolver

Rookie

Evaulate My Revolver

salam every one.
    please evaluate my little and oldest revolver that i still use sometimes and works excellent.
    I like it so much but want to know how it looks like in your views/opinion.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by farzand View Post
    salam every one.
    please evaluate my little and oldest revolver that i still use sometimes and works excellent.

Regards
    What is that? It looks like a Break action...the pic is of too low resolution to see the model name and manufacurer writing properly.
    What does it shoot...38 special?

But it looks to be from the 1930s or something.

You like it?
    case closed.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

salam every one.

Regards
    u can take it to USA and sell it in auction for 2000-2500$
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    very nice idea Zia bhi

Rookie
    yes almost from 1930. shifted form generation to generation along with others.
    its basically 32 bore.
    body color changed due to aging factor.
    for me it is more worthy.
    Thank you very much.

Rookie
    Thanks zia bro.
    no need of such amount.
    it belongs to my forefathers. Really looks very strange.
    But may be once it had great popularity.

Name:  Webley 2.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  34.2 KB
    On internet this model resemble with your Revolver
    WEBLEY & SCOTT MARK IV Baby .32 S&W LONG...Pre-War, Matching & Original...Rare

Quote Originally Posted by sadatpk View Post
    very nice idea Zia bhi
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    In complete agreement...
    Sheikh sahab u tend to be bully...

Rookie
    Oh thankssss alabidshah.
    It looks exactly to that of my revolver.
    I am surprised why most of the present generation do not take any interest in
    revolvers.
    What do you say........

Oh thankssss alabidshah.

What do you say........
    I would say preserve your heirloom bro. dont shoot it nor carry it, clean it thoroughly, Lube it well and put it in some good airtight box. For fun buy something else. You not gona get any spares for such rare item once broken. so dont play with it.

Oh thankssss alabidshah.
    It looks exactly to that of my revolver.
    I am surprised why most of the present generation do not take any interest in
    revolvers.
    What do you say........
    Bro. This generation have played lots of video games in their childhood so they aspire by AK47 or Mp16, lol, well now time have changed people need reliable security and safety, in case in counter with outlaws they are holding modern weapons, I remember in my childhood late 60s it was status of symbol, people wearing it cross the shoulder not for self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by D3AD! View Post
    I would say preserve your heirloom bro. dont shoot it nor carry it, clean it thoroughly, Lube it well and put it in some good airtight box. For fun buy something else. You not gona get any spares for such rare item once broken. so dont play with it.
    I agree.

Put it in a airtight container, after you rub it with gun grease, then before you seal the container put small bags of desiccant. It can be silica gel packs from shoes , or water beads ( You know those colored translucent spheres that you put it water and they increase in size? ) Put them in the box too, but as they are, no water added. Straight out of the packet into the container.

And after 100's of year when this box will be opened again, ur next generation will rub its charkhee and a small jin will come out of barrel... And request dont shoot it put it back for next century, and dont forget to put silica ...

Brother IMHO u sould get rid of it, andget something useful on this license, if u r true enthusiast, otherwise if u only want to keep ur license valid its ok...

It is an old sating that untrusted employee and untrusted weapon is of no use... It can deceive u any time..

There is nothing in 21st century "that is known to be purkhon ki nishani" either use it or pass it..

Quote Originally Posted by czman View Post
    I agree.

Put it in a airtight container, after you rub it with gun grease, then before you seal the container put small bags of desiccant. It can be silica gel packs from shoes , or water beads ( You know those colored translucent spheres that you put it water and they increase in size? ) Put them in the box too, but as they are, no water added. Straight out of the packet into the container.
    There is one other method much cheaper and much easier then using dessicants and it is as reliable as silica dessicants.
    and that is use charcole instead if activated then much better other wise simple one will do just fine.

Rookie

Revolver

Thank a lot my dear friends especially... alabidshah, Col,czman, zia raza,and D3AD for ur valuable views and of course i will follow your kind suggestions.
    Although i have govt license in order to carry TT 30 and 9mm pistols but in fact i wanted to share with you some rare collection of antiquity, left rate now.
    Now please see another shot of this gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  ASTRA_CADIX785_32.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  29.0 KB

Dear Farzand Bhai now days value of revolver stand nothing ,I purchased this revolver Astra cardix 32 S&W in 1985 for 10k, that time commercial land on Bhadiah road near Bhatta chowk Lahore was 4k per Marla, now it is in Lakhs and you will not find it, in 2013 when I want to clear my License and I want to dispose that revolver Arms dealer offer me 5k, 6k or 10k the best price which one dealer offer me was 20k with bargain I will buy CZ75 from him , he raised the price of his Pistol from 120k to 150k that time I not realized but when I came to know through Pak.Gun com actual price of CZ then it mean my revolver is gone free

Rookie
    Its all true dear.
    Time has changed.The values of every thing has dramatically changed.
    Your gun really looked good.
    But actually sometime we do not realize the actual worth of somethings that exist around us.
    We miss their existence whenever we loose them.
    It is true that revolvers stand nothing NOW. But i promise, i will preserve my one.
    Regards

Bro.Revolver is not tactical weapon but my friends he is ex-army officer he is keeping 38cal. Revolver from 40yrs , whenever we advise him to change the weapon he replied,that I have full confidence on this revolver, I Know whenever I will pull trigger itwill fire it will never betrayed me

Member Emeritus
    salam every one.

Regards
    Oh missed this thread.
    This Revolver is looking great.. keep it bro & don't even think of selling it.
    I also have a Webley Mark lV .32 S&W Long from my Ancestors & I love it more than my HKs & Glocks & CZs.. it's a piece of history so preserve it & take good care of it.