Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Trial before Purchase

Gun Trial before Purchase

It is disturbing and absurd, how it is not possible to try the firearm you are purchasing before the actual purchase in Pakistan. You might have fired the same type (make and model) numerous times but at the time of purchase what I am interested in is how the pistol (this very piece) I am buying will behave.

Even a fresh out of the plastic film pistol might malfunction. And such malfunction might not be detectable in dry fire or other inspection (at least not by me). Ihsan Sb and his crew at PARA were nice enough to accommodate me to test the pistol at my own convenience and facilitate me if things in anyway were not in order. With the current law and order situation, such a situation leaves a person like me in a fix. Do I get the weapon enrolled with the DCO (like a civilized law abiding citizen should) or do I wait, till I have had a chance to actually test fire the weapon?(which might be a bit of a while, at earliest, the upcoming weekend)

How do the experienced gunners on this forum tackle the problem at hand?
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Buy weapon
    Go to testing area
    Check weapon
    If ok; get DC entry
    If not; change weapon
    Repeat the process

Lol. That actually makes a lot of sense hehehee...

I hope this doesnt get flagged as an inappropriate question, but other than waiting for Saturday to visit the range or Aerial firing, what testing areas/options do we have?

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Buy weapon
    Go to testing area
    Check weapon
    If ok; get DC entry
    If not; change weapon
    Repeat the process
    Make sense lolzz.

Supreme Member
    Its our right 👉 to know what you r going to purchas from the kindest Ahsan sales manager PARA..i shall be ur highly thankful to know about inventory of PARA right now

It is a known fact that none of the vendors have the stocks that they usually do because of the import restrictions. I was considering a 9mm and was very happy to see that as expected, Ahsan Sb at PARA had a reasonable inventory. He has the PT92 at hand along with a couple of other Taurus Pistols. He obviously has the Chinese CF along with other regular Pistols. However, they were short on the CZ. I think its best if you call him up to find out what exactly it is he has in store. I was not to inquisitive since they had what I was looking for. Hope that addresses your question sadat.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadatpk View Post
    Its our right  to know what you r going to purchas from the kindest Ahsan sales manager PARA..i shall be ur highly thankful to know about inventory of PARA right now

Banned
    if you are in america lolzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Buy weapon
    Go to testing area
    Check weapon
    If ok; get DC entry
    If not; change weapon
    Repeat the process

Quote Originally Posted by no fear View Post
    if you are in america lolzz
    it's better not to say anything if you don't have anything productive to say.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    It is a known fact that none of the vendors have the stocks that they usually do because of the import restrictions. I was considering a 9mm and was very happy to see that as expected, Ahsan Sb at PARA had a reasonable inventory. He has the PT92 at hand along with a couple of other Taurus Pistols. He obviously has the Chinese CF along with other regular Pistols. However, they were short on the CZ. I think its best if you call him up to find out what exactly it is he has in store. I was not to inquisitive since they had what I was looking for. Hope that addresses your question sadat.
    thanx Br for ur response and a brave declaration of not being inqusitive.....

Blog Entries
    You're an exception to be given this chance. With thanks to PARA and Ahsan Sahib.

Generally you need not check functioning of NIB imported handguns.

When buying from credible outlet with pro-customer approach like PARA, a video of first session would be enough to convince them into change of weapon, IF any malfunction due to manufacturing fault. This is a rarity occasion however.

As for how a handgun behaves in your hands, or how you "feel" about it, I'm of the opinion that it's a pre-purchase evaluation by your good self that counts, and your study of the weapon intended.

This, humbly, cannot be an obligation on part of the seller. So....they're indeed being nice to you.

Do your study of intended weapon and ask for PARA's words on cooperation, IF handgun does not operate functionally. Enough.

I'd be amazed indeed, if you wanna keep trying functioning handguns till you're set about one particular.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Banned
    are you threatening me ?? what are you ??? who are you ?? this is your post ?? or i have said something wrong ?? hyundai shehzore keep calm and wait for reward
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    it's better not to say anything if you don't have anything productive to say.

like taking a candy from a kid.
    you are unbelievable.
    Grow up please.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

To be honest, ive never actually seen anyone be offered to try then buy.

In Pakistan, where are you going to try? We already have a dearth of ranges as it is, and our laws dont specifically allow shooting or hunting on government land ( to my knowledge )
    In the west, they usually just ask you to either rent out that gun, if they have it in rental they might rent it out to you for free ( because you will then buy the gun ) ; or they ask you to drop in on a gun meet, where some other member has that exact gun and they let you shoot it. I havent

The only sales business where they allow you to try that very product before you buy is cars.

But in your case Leon bhai has provided the most valid answer. Or you could just go to PARA again.

@ No fear

Hyundai shehroze????

What does a car manufacturer have to do with shehroze?

AoA all,

Hyundai "SHAHZORE" is a very popular open bed Pick-up truck in Pakistan,but
    Bro SHAHROZE is a much respected personality of Pakguns community.

In 1987, a daring Gun dealer allowed me to take an O/U,through a weapon exchange
    receipt to fire few shots in the suburbs of Lahore.He kept my shotgun with him and gave
    me a NIKKO(Japanese O/U) for testing.I fired almost 10-shots,cleaned its bore to same shine
    and returned the gun on next morning.Targets were BLACK clays made by a deceased mechanic
    released through a hand cocking clay thrower.
    Last edited by Mian-50; 12-03-2016 at 12:18 PM.

In 1993, purchased my first pistol (Type54 TT, NIB). The dealer turned to a closet with sand filled flowerpot and fired three rapid shots. It is in middle of F-8 markaz, I was startled !
    It was post payment testing, though.

Member Emeritus
    I had a similar experience when I bought a Chinese TT in 1995 from Asia Arms situated on University Road.. the guy went with me to the firearm factory on GT Road & fired a magazine containing 7 rounds.. after that I also fired a magazine & the deal was finalised.

After that I regularly checked every weapon which I bought from Jumrud eg AK47, Iranian G3, Makarov, AK74 etc, as during those days checking weapon before buying was not a big deal specially in Jumrud.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    I had a similar experience when I bought a Chinese TT in 1995 from Asia Arms situated on University Road.. the guy went with me to the firearm factory on GT Road & fired a magazine containing 7 rounds.. after that I also fired a magazine & the deal was finalised.

After that I regularly checked every weapon which I bought from Jumrud eg AK47, Iranian G3, Makarov, AK74 etc, as during those days checking weapon before buying was not a big deal specially in Jumrud.
    even now its a norm to fire 3 or more shots in a duck... but it shouldnt b in happy mode
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    even now its a norm to fire 3 or more shots in a duck... but it shouldnt b in happy mode
    Its possible in Jumrud even now but not possible in City area or University Road.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by no fear View Post
    are you threatening me ?? what are you ??? who are you ?? this is your post ?? or i have said something wrong ?? hyundai shehzore keep calm and wait for reward
    this is the forum which is known as close knit commmunity,we are being read in the world,
    The contribution of Shehroze is worth appreciating as well as urs my dear No Fear, therer is no shortage of proper lexicals