Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Trial before Purchase

Thanx for all the good pieces of advice. I am glad to announce that I have tested the handgun in question over the weekend and found it to behave as expected.

AK I agree with you a 100% on the pre-purchase decision and having done all the requisite homework. I knew exactly which gun I wanted with all its pros and cons. My only concern was if the piece I purchased had any manufacturing defects that exhibited only when the gun was in actual use. Ahsan Sb was accommodating enough to assure me that I would be facilitated, if that were the case. The good news is that I won't be needing any facilitation

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    You're an exception to be given this chance. With thanks to PARA and Ahsan Sahib.

Generally you need not check functioning of NIB imported handguns.

When buying from credible outlet with pro-customer approach like PARA, a video of first session would be enough to convince them into change of weapon, IF any malfunction due to manufacturing fault. This is a rarity occasion however.

As for how a handgun behaves in your hands, or how you "feel" about it, I'm of the opinion that it's a pre-purchase evaluation by your good self that counts, and your study of the weapon intended.

This, humbly, cannot be an obligation on part of the seller. So....they're indeed being nice to you.

Do your study of intended weapon and ask for PARA's words on cooperation, IF handgun does not operate functionally. Enough.

I'd be amazed indeed, if you wanna keep trying functioning handguns till you're set about one particular.
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Banned
    yes uncle shahzore
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    like taking a candy from a kid.
    you are unbelievable.
    Grow up please.

It was not an issue before 2000
    I remember my uncle went to elahi bakhsh saddar rwp to buy a Dak made double
    A kaboom happened with him at roof of same plaza (early 90s)
    Then quite to try an other one lol.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by no fear View Post
    yes uncle shahzore
    Would you like a cocomo?

" cocomo, mujahy bhi do!"

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    In 1993, purchased my first pistol (Type54 TT, NIB). The dealer turned to a closet with sand filled flowerpot and fired three rapid shots. It is in middle of F-8 markaz, I was startled !
    It was post payment testing, though.
    The dealer did advise me to test fire the pistol before weapon number entry at DC office.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Buy weapon
    Go to testing area
    Check weapon
    If ok; get DC entry
    If not; change weapon
    Repeat the process
    I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    It is disturbing and absurd, how it is not possible to try the firearm you are purchasing before the actual purchase in Pakistan. You might have fired the same type (make and model) numerous times but at the time of purchase what I am interested in is how the pistol (this very piece) I am buying will behave.

Even a fresh out of the plastic film pistol might malfunction. And such malfunction might not be detectable in dry fire or other inspection (at least not by me). Ihsan Sb and his crew at PARA were nice enough to accommodate me to test the pistol at my own convenience and facilitate me if things in anyway were not in order. With the current law and order situation, such a situation leaves a person like me in a fix. Do I get the weapon enrolled with the DCO (like a civilized law abiding citizen should) or do I wait, till I have had a chance to actually test fire the weapon?(which might be a bit of a while, at earliest, the upcoming weekend)

How do the experienced gunners on this forum tackle the problem at hand?
    Well, in "golden period" ,it was pretty much the same what Leon bro has stated especially with local 30 bore pistols,people used to fire in front of the shops and Norinco pistols were considered all OK and were usually bought without test firing.
    Now, even if you go to rural area and have no one to greet you,expect a call to 15
    Yes, after reading what happened to Saiga 12 bought buy FA226 : http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...Exp-01-ver-030
    We have an enormous appetite for guns but it's all hush hush all the time ,it feels like an open secret even we are allowed to keep guns legally but sadly we have that cunning "SHO mentality" in our community on all accounts and it's creeping in our culture which should be taken very serious.
    IMO Pakistani gun owners ,collectors ,hunters etc. ,well whoever owns a firearm or wants one should have a stronger voice like the American NRA.
    it should be called PRA (Pakistan Rifle Association)
    And "PRA" members should have a vote effect in country.
    LEAs allover the world cannot control crime that's why at least Home Defense licenses are issued.
    These days laws have been toughened and gun sellers mentality is "bus yeh hai lena hai to lo or itnay ka hai" due to ban on imports smugglers are having a good time with gun shops as well.
    We are forced to buy reloaded rifle bullets at a high price.
    I can go on and on... but lets call it a stop

Banned
    hum jisay laa jawab kehte hen :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by czman View Post
    Would you like a cocomo?

" cocomo, mujahy bhi do!"

:P

Amazed to see such a long thread on this topic, when i first bought np42 i pulled it out of plastic and checked at the dealers own range it has an ejector issue... then he replaced me then and there . . Simple

Gone are those days my friend azeemxs
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-Khan View Post
    I totally agree

Well, in "golden period" ,it was pretty much the same what Leon bro has stated especially with local 30 bore pistols,people used to fire in front of the shops and Norinco pistols were considered all OK and were usually bought without test firing.
    Now, even if you go to rural area and have no one to greet you,expect a call to 15
    Yes, after reading what happened to Saiga 12 bought buy FA226 : http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...Exp-01-ver-030
    We have an enormous appetite for guns but it's all hush hush all the time ,it feels like an open secret even we are allowed to keep guns legally but sadly we have that cunning "SHO mentality" in our community on all accounts and it's creeping in our culture which should be taken very serious.
    IMO Pakistani gun owners ,collectors ,hunters etc. ,well whoever owns a firearm or wants one should have a stronger voice like the American NRA.
    LEAs allover the world cannot control crime that's why at least Home Defense licenses are issued.
    These days laws have been toughened and gun sellers mentality is "bus yeh hai lena hai to lo or itnay ka hai" due to ban on imports smugglers are having a good time with gun shops as well.
    It's quite old topic but things are pretty much the same now as well. Exploitation of weapon dealers is on the higher side.
    Command lies with none but Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Khan View Post
    I totally agree

Pakistan does have an association named National Rifle Association of Pakistan, but they are limited to shooting sports only. Not at all concerned with the weapon laws etc.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos