Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notification regarding .222/.223

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar

Notification regarding .222/.223

For benefit of all my fellow brothers below are the copies of MOI and Punjab notifications declaring NPB to 222/223 and other semiautomatic rifles.

Here is Pakistan Gazette

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    Thanks for the sharing Ajmal bro

Regards
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

welcome Naveed bro so many people were asking me on e mail and other sources of communication so i spend 2 hours in morning to find it from somewhere and shared.

CQ-A or Saiga will fall in PB (Rifles having less than 18 inches barrel) category without their muzzle brakes, cause their actual barrel length is less than 18 inches.

Any new theories?

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    For benefit of all my fellow brothers below are the copies of MOI and Punjab notifications declaring NPB to 222/223 and other semiautomatic rifles.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...-Options/page3

See from post 60 till onward post 67.

Already shared by so many other posters as well but the thing is, as you mentioned, people are just too lazy to find info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    CQ-A or Saiga will fall in PB (Rifles having less than 18 inches barrel) category without their muzzle brakes, cause their actual barrel length is less than 18 inches.

Any new theories?
    Theoraticaly YES, Practicaly NO.
    It seems this rule is not "Hard and Fast"

Aliabidiy bro yes are lazy so I have to spend few hours to start a new thread as someone whenever need it can find easily also Notification showing Pakistan Gazette was not shared on PG but it was shared by someone on FB and is a famous arms dealer of Lahore.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3AD! View Post
    Theoraticaly YES, Practicaly NO.
    It seems this rule is not "Hard and Fast"
    I don't understand... 18" seems pretty clear cut to me. Over here, if the muzzle device is permanently affixed, then it can be included as part of the barrel's legal length.

What I find confusing is, section iv states "Weapon of all bore used by armed forces" is prohibited... is that just Pakistani armed forces, NATO forces, or any international force? Does that mean 5.56 is prohibited, eventhough section vii) subsection a, says 223 is non-prohibited?

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Fudgepacker sir only weapons used by our Army and LEA are PB but you can own those by getting PB license this only yes 223 is legal that in samiauto mode and standard rifle of our army Is G3 made under license from German H&K although AK47 is used by our infantry and some units also use USA made 5.56 especially SSG elite unit of our armed forces.But as such notifications are issued by civilians and arms dealer unions are also involved so there is always some confusion and yoy can understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    Does that mean 5.56 is prohibited, eventhough section vii) subsection a, says 223 is non-prohibited?
    Well, *technically* 5.56x45 NATO and .223 Remington are not the same cartridge though they're fully interchangeable. I followed some of the discussions of that on some of the AR-15 forums until my eyes glazed over.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Well, *technically* 5.56x45 NATO and .223 Remington are not the same cartridge though they're fully interchangeable. I followed some of the discussions of that on some of the AR-15 forums until my eyes glazed over.
    . 223 Remington celled is m193 and the nato ammo m855 penetrator.
    They Never Die Who Die for Noble Cause

So what is actual difference? And if they are different then why they are interchangeable?

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    So what is actual difference? And if they are different then why they are interchangeable?
    Ballistics, 5.56 operates at higher chamber pressure than .223,

Casing of 5.56 is thicker & has a longer throat.

Thanks Mian jee BTW where I can find one with thicker jacket and long neck

So, .308 G3 is now a PB? What POF says about this?

Name:  Armed forces bore.jpg
Views: 3614
Size:  14.3 KB

People or person who never fired a shot wrote this document.
    7mm and up are allowed but 7.62 in bolt or semi auto is not allowed ... oh AK47 bullet! OMG! &$$$#^#$#@!!!!!

And what is with this 22 round mag. on rifles, who makes 22 round mags.?
    "Itifaq Mags"
    Last edited by AK-Khan; 03-03-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Khan View Post
    So, .308 G3 is now a PB? What POF says about this?

Name:  Armed forces bore.jpg
Views: 3614
Size:  14.3 KB
    Bro when you say 7.62x51 its pb but .308 is npb enven .30 bro is 7.62x25.

lols Itefaq mags.

Everything is written on the papers drafted by those elite who don't even bother to implement these rules on themselves. We often see our law makers on the roads and highways having a "Few" member of Security Squads and when on the streets, beyond metropolitan cities, they carry a bunch of their own Security Guards, most of them having AKS (legal or illegal - that's not an issue for them). Everyone of us, prefer to have a Fully Automatic weapon (which is considerably superior to a semi auto or bolt action). But unfortunately, those attacking us in any form always have the liberty to use any weapon.

Restricting barrel length, and ammo capacity may have certain logical explanatory benefits for the law makers, while a criminal committing a crime even with a legal weapon, doesn't give attention to any of these rules.

Prohibiting Army caliber is sensible.

Most of our Army Personnel prefer AKs compared to G3 in urban prefectures, due to its easy Maneuver/Portability, Strong Stopping Power in close ranges and High ammo capacity. This fact is confirmed by most of the elite forces members and one can easily observe this in URBAN K.P. And at same time, all of the school administrations in K.P are allowed to keep their weapon of choice, the A.Ks.

We (most of our members) possess multiple licensed arms for the last many years, paying its dues to Govt. but have never used (Allah - Almighty save us all) for any offense. But we do have the right to get better and superiors things of our choices after paying its due fee (which will contribute to Govt. revenue), in order to be able to defend ourselves and our loved ones in any un-wanted situation.