Thread: .22 Pistol Required

.22 Pistol Required

I have suddenly become interested in purchasing a .22 pistol. Maybe its becos I have most other calibers but never this.
    Can anyone guide me to the best choice and where to get it. Also, price idea would be a great help.

Expert Member
    Walther p22 are commonly available and good plunking gun. If you can find Ruger mark iii or browining buckmark, they are excellent handguns. I like my ruger a lot than p22.

@ahmad thank you for the reply. Walther has some negative reviews and I got put off. You are right, I would also prefer Ruger or Browning. Can you advice price range and place to get them.

Expert Member
    I am not aware of current prices, but many fellows will chime in. You can check buksh elahi or majjed sons Lahore.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    @ahmad thank you for the reply. Walther has some negative reviews and I got put off. You are right, I would also prefer Ruger or Browning. Can you advice price range and place to get them.
    I have a Walther p22Q & it's lot better than the old one.

I have used all types of ammo through it, subsonic to hyper sonic & it nom's all.

I would suggest a ruger mark iii, I have shot my early competitions with it and I have found it to be above other .22 pistol known brands.

Member Extraordinaire
    U may find walther ppk in. 22 and may be a used bretta in peshawar. rugers and buckmarks will be hard to come by

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zakir View Post
    U may find walther ppk in. 22 and may be a used bretta in peshawar. rugers and buckmarks will be hard to come by
    Wow glad to see your post after such a long time Dr Zakir.. yes you are absolutely right.. ruger and Browning Buckmark are difficult to find no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zakir View Post
    Good to see you back.

Dear Friends,
    Im planning to buy a .22 Sig Sauer Mosquito , please advise estimated price and is it a good pistol to buy for general plinking and target shooting.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_1000 View Post
    Dear Friends,
    Im planning to buy a .22 Sig Sauer Mosquito , please advise estimated price and is it a good pistol to buy for general plinking and target shooting.
    Thanks!
    Real Sigs go north of 3.5Lacs if you can find them. I have seen options from Walther in that caliber at somewhat reasonable prices when compared to Sig/glock prices. The caliber choice is good because of lower noise and recoil which is easier for newer shooters or long shooting sessions and it also helps in solidifying your fundamentals (less flinching). With good luck you can even attract the fairer sex into liking plinking with a .22 LR weapon which makes the session all the more enjoyable.

Thanks for your response. As a matter of fact I'm offered a sig mosquito in mint condition for Rs.85,000/- from a dealer. Initially even I was surprised. However if you buy this weapon in the US its costs roughly around $350/- and thats almost half of what you pay here due to restriction on imports. I like your feedback on caliber choice as im totally bored of 9mm and want to switch over to something thats light and fun to shoot with at pepsi bottles. More feedback will be appreciated from experienced members
    Thanks!!!

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I know of someone who got a Sig mosquito for around 50k or so. the issue wiht hte mosquito is that the slides are prone to breaking. Hard to believe that a sig would behave this way.. But unfortunately, it has been known to happen. Apart from that, they suffer from their fair share of FTF and FTE issues. In fact more than many other .22lr guns out there.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Dear All,
    Im looking for a .22 P22 LR Walther with extended barrel. Plz advise any seller / dealer. Much appreciated
    Thanks

My personal favorite .22 is the Beretta M71. Are they available in Pakistan? They are very reliable with every brand, velocity, and bullet weight I have tried.
    Most .22s are picky with ammo, and they will jam until you find the ammunition they like best. Always test your new .22 pistol with every brand of .22 ammo you can find, one is sure to be an accuracy and reliability winner.

Blog Entries
    CZ-75 Kadet is the bet to avoid ammo sensitivity..

Eats all.... Spits all!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

"Eats all.... Spits all!"

That sounds like a teen-age son!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    CZ-75 Kadet is the bet to avoid ammo sensitivity..

Eats all.... Spits all!
    Is it easily available?
    | (*| Pakistan Zindabad | *) |

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    -The best out there is the Ruger whether it be a MKii or iii or the latest iv. They will eat anything handsdown.
    -Below that I found the Browning Buckmark to be just as accurate and reliable. Though it has limited accessory options.
    -Now If you can find (there are some around in Pakistan) S&W model 41... well thats legendary.
    -CZ Kadet - a rimfire CZ75, very very good performer with a modern look, accurate (adj sights), feels right, will be cheaper than (should be cheaper than) Ruger or Brownings. Amazing piece.
    -Walther P22s, I get mixed reactions from people but I never had mine fail and used to even carry it most of the time. It was ammo sensitive on the s&b rounds but ate up everything else. I used to clean it only after the lead used to get onto my hands meaning it was caked on after too much firing. I never oiled it unless it was after cleaning.
    -Sig Mosquitos - great feeling guns, bought one ages ago when they first hit the market. Was very very disappointed. as there were too many ftfs even after going through many ammo variations. Returned it... few years later bought another... again disappointed as the same problem kept occurring. So I returned it and never looked back on it.
    Also if you can locate Advantage Arms .22 kits for Glocks - they are also a good deal.
    Well, that was my input.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I know of someone who got a Sig mosquito for around 50k or so. the issue wiht hte mosquito is that the slides are prone to breaking. Hard to believe that a sig would behave this way.. But unfortunately, it has been known to happen. Apart from that, they suffer from their fair share of FTF and FTE issues. In fact more than many other .22lr guns out there.
    Sig uses cheap zinc alloy in their slides