Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Gun Maintanence

  1. #1

    Gun Maintanence

    I got a POF ST9. After 300x or so rounds, its firing pin spring got loose. Got it replaced from a local gun smith but after 10x or so rounds, it developed the same issue. The gun's firing pin is not at all striking the primer of the bullet with the required momentum for it to be fired. Can anyone help me with this issue and recommend any good gun smith who can solve this issue for good?
    Achieve Excellence, and You will be the Beloved of the World... IQBAL.

  2. #2
    Member Emeritus
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    10,145
    For a good gunsmith, members from your location will help you.. my advice is that after changing the firing/main spring, get rid of this handgun as soon as you can.

  3. #3
    can u refer me anyone?
    Achieve Excellence, and You will be the Beloved of the World... IQBAL.

  4. #4
    Supreme Member hmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi , Lahore
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    For a good gunsmith, members from your location will help you.. my advice is that after changing the firing/main spring, get rid of this handgun as soon as you can.
    A good advice .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

  5. #5
    Well, for the time being I need to get it fixed.... Do u know anyone in pindi.... Or anyone in pakistan who can send me a good quality spring?
    Achieve Excellence, and You will be the Beloved of the World... IQBAL.

  6. #6
    Expert Member Glock17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Peshawar/Islamabad
    Posts
    1,333
    Don't understand why the Turks can't ensure uniform quality and consistent performance across the board?

  7. #7
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by samr1912 View Post
    I got a POF ST9. After 300x or so rounds, its firing pin spring got loose. Got it replaced from a local gun smith but after 10x or so rounds, it developed the same issue. The gun's firing pin is not at all striking the primer of the bullet with the required momentum for it to be fired. Can anyone help me with this issue and recommend any good gun smith who can solve this issue for good?

    try the spring in picasso dollar etc ball point. they are sturdy.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by samr1912 View Post
    I got a POF ST9. After 300x or so rounds, its firing pin spring got loose. Got it replaced from a local gun smith but after 10x or so rounds, it developed the same issue. The gun's firing pin is not at all striking the primer of the bullet with the required momentum for it to be fired. Can anyone help me with this issue and recommend any good gun smith who can solve this issue for good?
    Dear
    If yr problem still exist...
    . Check firing pin channel for fouling / blockade. Clean it. That should resolve the issue...
    Otherwise u can visit POF Wah retail outlet & ask for firing pin spring. I m sure they ll b able to help...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  9. #9
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin107 View Post
    Dear
    If yr problem still exist...
    . Check firing pin channel for fouling / blockade. Clean it. That should resolve the issue...
    Otherwise u can visit POF Wah retail outlet & ask for firing pin spring. I m sure they ll b able to help...
    They never help any one.once you get a faulty product for them they never own their fault and will not repair it properly.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    They never help any one.once you get a faulty product for them they never own their fault and will not repair it properly.
    I have no idea about their dealings with customers.
    All i was trying to say; replacing firing pin spring or firing pin or any other part in quality handguns is not at all a problem... all make drop in replacements... there must b someone who can get hold of factory made firing pin spring for ST9....
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  11. #11
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin107 View Post
    I have no idea about their dealings with customers.
    All i was trying to say; replacing firing pin spring or firing pin or any other part in quality handguns is not at all a problem... all make drop in replacements... there must b someone who can get hold of factory made firing pin spring for ST9....
    Yes POF has st9 springs but again one needs to know some one there to get the issue solved.

  12. #12
    Big & Sexy Moeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Posts
    1,694
    Salam All,
    Please post a pic of the original spring and the replacement spring. I have an idea as to whats going on but need to see the spring first before I indulge my view.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

    \"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

  13. #13
    IMHO. Gun manufacturing is the art of Europe, USA, Russian and China. You should immediately change your gun. There is no solution of desi junk
    If you want Peace, be prepared for War

  14. #14
    I saw POF made 30 caliber ammo in a local gun shop. Believe me, that was absolutely junk, even two same bullets are not same if you see carefully
    If you want Peace, be prepared for War

  15. #15
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,448
    Are you sure they wer ethe original ones bro? I have used em and found them to be heaps better than their Chinese counterparts. they are slow moving rounds with very soft recoil.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  16. #16
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Are you sure they wer ethe original ones bro? I have used em and found them to be heaps better than their Chinese counterparts. they are slow moving rounds with very soft recoil.
    O Yes! they are clean and ammo doesn't stick to magnet also.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  17. #17
    Gun cleaning i understand to a sight extent now. For the barrel and other metal parts do we use some sort of anyi rust inhibitor/lube and leave it slightly lubed or after cleaning we scrub dry all the parts

  18. #18
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,448
    The inside of the barrel has to be completely dry. No obstruction of any kind whatsoever. You may lightly lube the rails and other parts where there is friction between various metal parts
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The inside of the barrel has to be completely dry. No obstruction of any kind whatsoever. You may lightly lube the rails and other parts where there is friction between various metal parts
    Some of the bore cleaners have lube property. So once we have cleaned the barrel we have to dry the inside?
    what jf the pistol isnt going to be used for a while; wouldnt it be better if it had some sort of anti rust protection. We can always dry it prior to shooting.since a novice in these matters with little or no little practical experiece hence the beginner level questions

  20. #20
    Lord of War
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    rawalpindi
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by smalam View Post
    Some of the bore cleaners have lube property. So once we have cleaned the barrel we have to dry the inside?
    what jf the pistol isnt going to be used for a while; wouldnt it be better if it had some sort of anti rust protection. We can always dry it prior to shooting.since a novice in these matters with little or no little practical experiece hence the beginner level questions
    If you have had a session where corossive ammmo was used and then you are going to leave weapon in moist environment then you can apply little car wax / polish inside barrel, but dont forget to clean it off before use

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •