Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over under vs Side by side shotgun

Over under vs Side by side shotgun

AOA, i am not very fond of complex shotguns like pump action and semi auto, i like simple shotguns such as o/u and side by side, i have used only side by side, but i like o/u, Can you tell me which one is good for Hunting. Also mention cartridges good for birds and rabbits, I did hunting but like "Kiliwals" villagers. Dont give much attention to the basics

Supreme Member
    Br pls tell us ur range...i mean how much /$ u wana spend

sir upto 60k , i inherited an italian side by side, dont know its brand name but its hammers are outside, now looking up to over under but cant figure out if its good for hunting or not

Quote Originally Posted by AK47-Topak View Post
    sir upto 60k , i inherited an italian side by side, dont know its brand name but its hammers are outside, now looking up to over under but cant figure out if its good for hunting or not
    Brother over under is best shotgun in my views and your budget is for Baikal o/u or Turkish o/u Italian guns are expensive.
    They Never Die Who Die for Noble Cause

The baikal hunting o/u is available at Fakhr e Alam for 60k while the sporting model is available for 65
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Thank you so much for your kind replies, will buy Baikal o/u inshALLAH

Supreme Member
    Baikal o/u is the best in ur range
    Last edited by sadatpk; 29-11-2015 at 04:58 PM.

I am the biggest advocate for Semi autos. but cleaning them is a real problem. ONLY barrel takes me 10 minutes to clean and the rest is done in 10 minutes. Now the double barrel will have two barrels and cleaning both of them will require 20 minutes. what to do what to do....
    shout out to Mian Jee
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Supreme Member
    Shahroze ...Mian jee always prefer to use O/U IMHO

Blog Entries
    ok, we have same nick i will recommend Baikal O/U.
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

baikal is the best option u have

Quote Originally Posted by Topak View Post
    ok, we have same nick i will recommend Baikal O/U.
    thank you, i searched it in local shops in swat, none had baikal, but i saw a copy of holland and holland s*s it astonished me, made in darra but it looked very good though heavy, and so cheap only 14k , The shop owner told me u will get baikal at 60k and turkish semi auto at 40-45k, he recommended semi auto. and also told why not darra made u could use reloaded shells on it. and now its echoing in my head save money :/

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    I am the biggest advocate for Semi autos. but cleaning them is a real problem. ONLY barrel takes me 10 minutes to clean and the rest is done in 10 minutes. Now the double barrel will have two barrels and cleaning both of them will require 20 minutes. what to do what to do....
    shout out to Mian Jee
    Shahroze get a 12 guage bore snake, i run it through my pump twice and it turns to mirror.

thank you, i searched it in local shops in swat, none had baikal, but i saw a copy of holland and holland s*s it astonished me, made in darra but it looked very good though heavy, and so cheap only 14k , The shop owner told me u will get baikal at 60k and turkish semi auto at 40-45k, he recommended semi auto. and also told why not darra made u could use reloaded shells on it. and now its echoing in my head save money :/
    don't go for turkish semi auto any brand name, its a failure and dealers have piles of piles dead stock, prices are dropped down @ 40 K , those were 70+ k 2 years back. go for Baikal all the way if u need semi auto as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhatti1965 View Post
    Shahroze get a 12 guage bore snake, i run it through my pump twice and it turns to mirror.
    Yes I will agree with you on this one bore snake are awesome for 12 gauge .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Brother go for the Baikal dbl. It's a real workhorse. It will take abuse and some Killiwal handling. Besides with a fast disappearing game birds it's unethical hunting with repeating guns. And ofcourse there's this talk of a ban on repeaters for hunting. So buy ur double and enjoy.

bhatti saab. I have the remington
    cleaning kit but it needs needs scrubbing. I first run the solvent soaked patch through the barrel then another one then a dry one it comes out dirty everytime. I don't stop till the white cloth comes out white.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    Brother go for the Baikal dbl. It's a real workhorse. It will take abuse and some Killiwal handling. Besides with a fast disappearing game birds it's unethical hunting with repeating guns. And ofcourse there's this talk of a ban on repeaters for hunting. So buy ur double and enjoy.
    Bro u nailed it, Mehrabani, my main question was which one is good for hunting S*S or O/U, and what u say about Darrawal in S*S and O/U , i have one single barrel lever action.

Bro u nailed it, Mehrabani, my main question was which one is good for hunting S*S or O/U, and what u say about Darrawal in S*S and O/U , i have one single barrel lever action.
    it's totally your choice. you can find o/u and Sxs in baikal.
    Side by side gives you more parallel coverage which is a very minute difference.
    but if you want to play skeet or trap then I'd recommend o/u. If it's only for hunting flip a coin and decide

I've always sxs dbl and works fine for me. Both are fine for hunting. It's more a matter of personal preference and how a gun feels in your hands. As far as Darra Wals are concerned it's a hit or miss. In all likely hood the pattern will be poor and reliability unpredictable. Would avoid one.