Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: .308 Win Sporter (POF) Finally reviewed

Very good pictures and review. Would appreciate if accuracy and range tests are also conducted at various distances.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Roor. Apologies for the delay in my response. The Paikhawar Chapter of PG along with few honorary members from the twin cities did test fire the Sporter almost a month back. In those 110 rounds that we shot, We didn't face any issue related to FTF or FTE and the rifle went flawless. On that day, the maximum distance available to us at the range was only 200m and in the end it became quite boring when with each shot we were able to successfully hit the bricks. YES, you heard that right, we were using bricks as targets because in our heightened excitement, we forgot to take along proper paper targets. Pity…
    The only issue which I am currently facing with the setup is that the steel rings that came with Leupold Scope are low profile and thus the optic cannot be properly seated on the Picatinny rail. So I had to revert to those inexpensive Chinese 30mm rings which were somewhat high profile. I am of the belief that there is still a significant gap for improvement in accuracy if and when proper 30mm rings with high profile are installed on the rifle. I will highly appreciate help and guidance from fellow members in procuring these rings.

lol & No Comment.

Well; you said and you didn’t.

Most Manana, Nazim Sb.

Thank you Roor. For obvious reasons, at the moment I would refrain from giving the Sporter an Assault Rifle’s profile so installing a Flash Hider/Suppressor is not on the list. As far as the 20 round mag is concerned, I did find one and it worked perfectly fine with the rifle and thankfully my earlier concerns that Sporter may not be compatible with Combat-Rifle accessories turned out to be unwarranted. I believe that for range shooting and hunting, the 5 round mag (which in fact is a 6 round mag) suffices and is more practical.
    Very well done. you can get 30 mm rings or 25mm rings that fit on the 1913 picatiny rail from Lahore. Regards
    JU

Quote Originally Posted by Bhatti1965 View Post
    its better we discuss more on how this rifle can be obtained by the average person.
    +1
    Availibility on legal grounds.Please

I dont think there is any legal way this gun can be obtained at the moment, I find it hard to believe that this gun would be registered on any license in Pakistan.

I dont think there is any legal way this gun can be obtained at the moment, I find it hard to believe that this gun would be registered on any license in Pakistan.
    You should also find it hard to believe that someone would write a whole review about it on an open forum and would NOT have it on his legal license.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

You should also find it hard to believe that someone would write a whole review about it on an open forum and would NOT have it on his legal license.
    Please tell what type of license you have this gun on and that would help us even more than the review Jibz. Since then we would know how to acquire this.

Please tell what type of license you have this gun on and that would help us even more than the review Jibz. Since then we would know how to acquire this.
    bhatti sahab u should ask such questions in PVT ltd... otherwise u wont find Jibz...lol
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

I think sir jibz got it issued on a PB license.

Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    bhatti sahab u should ask such questions in PVT ltd... otherwise u wont find Jibz...lol
    lol. Couldnt agree more.
    I have it on a provincial .308 License (Extended to All Pakistan). I assure you, acquiring a valid license would not prove to be a challenge; rather waiting for the next consignment to ship from POF to an authorized dealer is the real deal.

Member Extraordinaire
    &jibz brother flash hider non???

Dr Sab, due to Sporter's close resemblance to G3 Assault Rifle and the prevailing security situation in our country, I would prefer NOT to give the Sporter an Assault/Combat Rifle’s profile. That's why I am not choosing to install a Flash Hider/Suppressor. In any case, for hunting or sports, a flash hider is of no practical use.
    Regards

Dr Sab, due to Sporter's close resemblance to G3 Assault Rifle and the prevailing security situation in our country, I would prefer NOT to give the Sporter an Assault/Combat Rifle’s profile. That's why I am not choosing to install a Flash Hider/Suppressor. In any case, for hunting or sports, a flash hider is of no practical use.
    Regards
    Jibz does the .308 have threads for a flash hider or in order to install one you would first need to cut threads on it? I hope then that this .308 comes to dealers soon. How ever that wont happen till licenses open. Also one needs a muzzle brake on this to reduce recoil if one wants to take up three gun competitions.

Jibz does the .308 have threads for a flash hider or in order to install one you would first need to cut threads on it? I hope then that this .308 comes to dealers soon. How ever that wont happen till licenses open. Also one needs a muzzle brake on this to reduce recoil if one wants to take up three gun competitions.
    The barrel is not threaded and will require threading in case some one intends to install a flash hider.
    Are there any three gun competitions taking place here in Pakistan?

The barrel is not threaded and will require threading in case some one intends to install a flash hider.
    Are there any three gun competitions taking place here in Pakistan?
    Yes I believe there is a range in Karachi where people can do IDPA or 3 gun, however a muzzle brake is a very good enhancement on a rifle, that can help in getting fast and accurate shots on target and also reduce recoil.

I have it on a provincial .308 License (Extended to All Pakistan). I assure you, acquiring a valid license would not prove to be a challenge; rather waiting for the next consignment to ship from POF to an authorized dealer is the real deal.
    Yup!

Putting this rifle on a .308-NPB license is not a problem but getting your hands on this rifle & it's dealer sales receipt is.

Made a video at the range. It was too long with a lot of gup shup and hansi mazak in the background. I had to edit it to the part where the brick bites the dust. The small piece in the center was the target. Here is it.

VIDEO
    http://vid1341.photobucket.com/album...pscmelijv0.mp4

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    One Word i would like to say Jibz bro " Beautiful"

Regards
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

Dera Manana, Naveed Roor.
    Here is another video which we made yesterday. I had to edit this one as well because there was a lot of discussion taking place along with reload gaps etc. Due to a maxed-up digital zoom and lowering of resolution (For ease of upload), I will have to explain the point of Aim then Impact of each shot.

The First and Second shot are only an inch apart and are almost 8 inches to the right of the white centre target at exactly 3 o Clock. I adjusted the Windage Turret by giving it 32 clicks to the left.

The Third Shot was right in the centre of the white patch.

Now to ensure that the BDC function of the scope was properly working, I brought down the reading on the Elevation Turret from 7 to 4.

The next six shots are exactly at 6 o Clock and are almost 14 inches lower than the white center patch on the target. I was happy to know that both the turrets on my used scope were working perfectly fine.

(The shots were taken in laying down position with left palm under the foregrip of the rifle)

VIDEO:

http://vid1341.photobucket.com/album...psenuauvlj.mp4

VIDEO 3

So in this next video we opted to teach a lesson to few rocks at the range. You can see that the metal plate which was being supported at the back by these rocks is laying flat on the ground after receiving a shot. Earlier, this metal plate didn't budge even an iota when it was shot with 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 rounds. With 7.62x51, it flattened with the first shot.
    Please note that for ease of uploading and to cut out the long discussions between each shot, I have trimmed down the video.

http://vid1341.photobucket.com/album...pshjmvhcen.mp4

VIDEO 4
    http://vid1341.photobucket.com/album...psxfxqvwyb.mp4

I haven't been able to find proper good quality high-profile 30mm rings for the scope and am using those inexpensive Chinese rings which are for Rs.400. So I believe a lot is still to be desired from the Sporter when it comes to accuracy. Skeeter60 Sir has pointed out that these rings are available in Lahore. I assume that they would be nastily expensive; anyways, lets see.