Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: .308 Win Sporter (POF) Finally reviewed

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    On my Sporter I had installed a Leupold Mark 4 with fixed 10x magnification. I was happy with it but then the urge for MORE MAGNIFICATION made me upgrade it to a HAWKE SF 6-18, which was not altogether a bad decision because I did enjoy its clarity at longer distances. However when I came across S&B PM2, it was high time for me to sell a kidney and buy that Optic. That I believe was one of the best decisions of my life wrt purchasing a scope, Yes it was expensive BUT is worth every penny.

Now I am not suggesting a PM2 to you but still an optic is something on which there should be no compromise when you intend to truly enjoy long distance shooting.
    By "Long Distance Shooting" you mean how much? I can assume and I need one quality scope for 1000 yards and beyond. What will be the best ideal scope for it...
    I could only find this in Pakistan....
    https://www.justhunters.pk/Vector-Op...34mm?limit=100
    how is your opinion about it.

On my Sporter I had installed a Leupold Mark 4 with fixed 10x magnification. I was happy with it but then the urge for MORE MAGNIFICATION made me upgrade it to a HAWKE SF 6-18, which was not altogether a bad decision because I did enjoy its clarity at longer distances. However when I came across S&B PM2, it was high time for me to sell a kidney and buy that Optic. That I believe was one of the best decisions of my life wrt purchasing a scope, Yes it was expensive BUT is worth every penny.

Now I am not suggesting a PM2 to you but still an optic is something on which there should be no compromise when you intend to truly enjoy long distance shooting.
    Thanks, can you please confirm it's price range?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    By "Long Distance Shooting" you mean how much? I can assume and I need one quality scope for 1000 yards and beyond. What will be the best ideal scope for it...
    That's a valid question.
    For Sporter, I beleive LONG DISTANCE SHOOTING would entail something like 600 meters +- 50 meters.

For 1000 yards, A PM2 is an excellent choice. But then you have to consider the Caliber as well as the Rifle too. Such distances should not be expected from Sporter.
    HD Razor by VORTEX is another superb scope for distances beyond 1000 yards.

TBH My experience is negligible with Vector scopes so I am afraid I won't be of any help in analysing it properly.
    Last edited by Jibz; 09-08-2022 at 10:21 PM.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheryar110 View Post
    Thanks, can you please confirm it's price range?
    The Leupold Mark 4 in brand new condition are rare but they do pop up here and there sometimes. New Boxed are around 150000

Hawke are less expensive
    The model I used is around 75000, I guess.

S&B PM2 would be in excess of 500000.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

The Leupold Mark 4 in brand new condition are rare but they do pop up here and there sometimes. New Boxed are around 150000

Hawke are less expensive

Jibz bhai, for 500000 both kidneys need to be sold.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    1000 yards is too much for the sporter, irrespective of the optic. For an average or a little better shooter hitting the bulls with a m24, range master or even thunder bolt isn't easy.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Hawke are less expensive

Thanks, I'll see Khi market this weekend.