Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 261 to 267 of 267

Thread: .308 Win Sporter (POF) Finally reviewed

  1. #261
    Lord of War
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    On my Sporter I had installed a Leupold Mark 4 with fixed 10x magnification. I was happy with it but then the urge for MORE MAGNIFICATION made me upgrade it to a HAWKE SF 6-18, which was not altogether a bad decision because I did enjoy its clarity at longer distances. However when I came across S&B PM2, it was high time for me to sell a kidney and buy that Optic. That I believe was one of the best decisions of my life wrt purchasing a scope, Yes it was expensive BUT is worth every penny.

    Now I am not suggesting a PM2 to you but still an optic is something on which there should be no compromise when you intend to truly enjoy long distance shooting.
    By "Long Distance Shooting" you mean how much? I can assume and I need one quality scope for 1000 yards and beyond. What will be the best ideal scope for it...
    I could only find this in Pakistan....
    https://www.justhunters.pk/Vector-Op...34mm?limit=100
    how is your opinion about it.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    On my Sporter I had installed a Leupold Mark 4 with fixed 10x magnification. I was happy with it but then the urge for MORE MAGNIFICATION made me upgrade it to a HAWKE SF 6-18, which was not altogether a bad decision because I did enjoy its clarity at longer distances. However when I came across S&B PM2, it was high time for me to sell a kidney and buy that Optic. That I believe was one of the best decisions of my life wrt purchasing a scope, Yes it was expensive BUT is worth every penny.

    Now I am not suggesting a PM2 to you but still an optic is something on which there should be no compromise when you intend to truly enjoy long distance shooting.
    Thanks, can you please confirm it's price range?

  3. #263
    Expert Member Jibz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,394

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    By "Long Distance Shooting" you mean how much? I can assume and I need one quality scope for 1000 yards and beyond. What will be the best ideal scope for it...
    I could only find this in Pakistan....
    https://www.justhunters.pk/Vector-Op...34mm?limit=100
    how is your opinion about it.
    That's a valid question.
    For Sporter, I beleive LONG DISTANCE SHOOTING would entail something like 600 meters +- 50 meters.


    For 1000 yards, A PM2 is an excellent choice. But then you have to consider the Caliber as well as the Rifle too. Such distances should not be expected from Sporter.
    HD Razor by VORTEX is another superb scope for distances beyond 1000 yards.

    TBH My experience is negligible with Vector scopes so I am afraid I won't be of any help in analysing it properly.
    Last edited by Jibz; 09-08-2022 at 10:21 PM.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”


  4. #264
    Expert Member Jibz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaheryar110 View Post
    Thanks, can you please confirm it's price range?
    The Leupold Mark 4 in brand new condition are rare but they do pop up here and there sometimes. New Boxed are around 150000

    Hawke are less expensive
    The model I used is around 75000, I guess.

    S&B PM2 would be in excess of 500000.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”


  5. #265
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    The Leupold Mark 4 in brand new condition are rare but they do pop up here and there sometimes. New Boxed are around 150000

    Hawke are less expensive
    The model I used is around 75000, I guess.

    S&B PM2 would be in excess of 500000.
    Jibz bhai, for 500000 both kidneys need to be sold.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  6. #266
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    By "Long Distance Shooting" you mean how much? I can assume and I need one quality scope for 1000 yards and beyond. What will be the best ideal scope for it...
    I could only find this in Pakistan....
    https://www.justhunters.pk/Vector-Op...34mm?limit=100
    how is your opinion about it.
    1000 yards is too much for the sporter, irrespective of the optic. For an average or a little better shooter hitting the bulls with a m24, range master or even thunder bolt isn't easy.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    The Leupold Mark 4 in brand new condition are rare but they do pop up here and there sometimes. New Boxed are around 150000

    Hawke are less expensive
    The model I used is around 75000, I guess.

    S&B PM2 would be in excess of 500000.
    Thanks, I'll see Khi market this weekend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •