Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 267

Thread: .308 Win Sporter (POF) Finally reviewed

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    how much does it weight
    are you planning to install optic? which one?

  2. #222
    Expert Member Jibz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Over 6 years ago, I was one of the first people to handle Jibz's POF Sporter. And now I've purchased a Sporter .308 Win rifle myself. Over these years POF has made a few changes to the gun, the rifle is now being offered in 18.5 inch threaded barrel with a flash hider as compared to the previous longer barrel. The rifle has a phosphate finishing vs bluing, 20 round magazines as compared to previous 5 (actually 6) round magazines. The rifle now comes standard with a wooden box with locks, a flimsy bipod (height can't be adjusted), two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and sling. I haven't installed any scope, however shoots quite accurately with the iron sights.

    Attachment 38978 in
    Many many congratulations dear. Indeed it is a very worthy purchase.
    I have been nothing but highly satisfied with my Sporter. With a good optic you can easily stretch it up to 600 yards. 👍
    Happy shooting.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”


  3. #223
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    are you planning to install optic? which one?
    Yes I will IN SHA ALLAH install a scope, however, haven't shortlisted any yet. But will do so in due course after consulting with senior members
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  4. #224
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Many many congratulations dear. Indeed it is a very worthy purchase.
    I have been nothing but highly satisfied with my Sporter. With a good optic you can easily stretch it up to 600 yards. 👍
    Happy shooting.
    Thank you Jibz, will IN SH ALLAH get an optic after discussion with you. Then you can source for me ��
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  5. #225
    Dear.
    I have a rifle license of baloachistan (manual).
    I m very much intrested in Sporter.
    Can u please guide me. Where I have to approach and what more docs shall be required.
    What is the price range.
    Please guide.

  6. #226
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhound View Post
    Dear.
    I have a rifle license of baloachistan (manual).
    I m very much intrested in Sporter.
    Can u please guide me. Where I have to approach and what more docs shall be required.
    What is the price range.
    Please guide.
    If you are a private buyer (not a government employ) the Sporter will cost you 300k from POF Wah. If you're a government employee, you will need a proof of employment in addition to all Pak licence for purchase, in this case rifle price is 126k.
    You will have to send a letter to Wah Industries Limited that you are interested to buy this gun. They will then make a rifle and let you know. You may call them in advance and book a rifle over phone
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  7. #227
    Lord of War
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    If you are a private buyer (not a government employ) the Sporter will cost you 300k from POF Wah. If you're a government employee, you will need a proof of employment in addition to all Pak licence for purchase, in this case rifle price is 126k.
    You will have to send a letter to Wah Industries Limited that you are interested to buy this gun. They will then make a rifle and let you know. You may call them in advance and book a rifle over phone
    300k and 126k more then double for mango people.... its not one Pakistan dear! woderful.

  8. #228
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    300k and 126k more then double for mango people.... its not one Pakistan dear! woderful.
    Mango people earn more than government servants ��
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  9. #229
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,221
    Lat I checked when the Russian Saiga .308 had hit the market, it was going for around 270k or so. This was a few months back. Not sure about now.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Lat I checked when the Russian Saiga .308 had hit the market, it was going for around 270k or so. This was a few months back. Not sure about now.
    Today's rate was 320K, so I came back. 😂

  11. #231
    Lord of War
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaheryar110 View Post
    Today's rate was 320K, so I came back. ��
    More then 350k in Peshawar.... and most probably the single importer has stocked them and lic. are opened.

    The psychological approach of the buyer is strange in selection of this caliber in the platform not designed for it. When light intermediate calibers in AK platform (6.72 & 5.45 by 39) and 5.56 in A.Rs got popularity (and abundantly available), the manufacturers tried to interchange the calibers for commercial sales and for that prupose they introduced 7.62 in ARs and 5.56 or .223 in AKs also... (regardless of their performance)... That idea also worked for them having expanded sales in the gun communities, specially in the western world. 7.62 Nato or .308 was primarily designed for bolt actions rifles, besides belted machined guns and its still better performing in its class. But the need of transformation from light intermediate caliber to full power 7.62 NATO or .308 was felt in the RED army, who is only sticking to their state owned pride in AK platform. 7.62x39 is still not allowed in sami auto rifles in Pakistan (mostly), similarly, 7.62 NATO or .308 was also not allowed, being said to be military caliber. How the importers have managed to clear this weapon? and how the authorities allowed its licenses? is surprising. However, IMHO, if I can own an AR in 5.56 or .223 on a vaild lic. (which I already have) and A.K 74 (which is in process), with some reliable pistols, (Not talking about full auto AK) that will be enough.
    Last edited by Khalil; 25-03-2022 at 10:58 AM.

  12. #232
    What, pray tell, are "Mango People"???

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    More then 350k in Peshawar.... and most probably the single importer has stocked them and lic. are opened.

    The psychological approach of the buyer is strange in selection of this caliber in the platform not designed for it. When light intermediate calibers in AK platform (6.72 & 5.45 by 39) and 5.56 in A.Rs got popularity (and abundantly available), the manufacturers tried to interchange the calibers for commercial sales and for that prupose they introduced 7.62 in ARs and 5.56 or .223 in AKs also... (regardless of their performance)... That idea also worked for them having expanded sales in the gun communities, specially in the western world. 7.62 Nato or .308 was primarily designed for bolt actions rifles, besides belted machined guns and its still better performing in its class. But the need of transformation from light intermediate caliber to full power 7.62 NATO or .308 was felt in the RED army, who is only sticking to their state owned pride in AK platform. 7.62x39 is still not allowed in sami auto rifles in Pakistan (mostly), similarly, 7.62 NATO or .308 was also not allowed, being said to be military caliber. How the importers have managed to clear this weapon? and how the authorities allowed its licenses? is surprising. However, IMHO, if I can own an AR in 5.56 or .223 on a vaild lic. (which I already have) and A.K 74 (which is in process), with some reliable pistols, (Not talking about full auto AK) that will be enough.
    How would .300 Blackout fit into Pakistani law? It is not a standard military caliber, and it is easy to make from common 5.56 cases and any .308 bullets. All AR parts work with .300 BLK and all you need is a barrel. It is an excellent and effective round from 1 to 200 meters, and is very popular for hunting deer, wild pigs, etc.

  14. #234
    Lord of War
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    How would .300 Blackout fit into Pakistani law? It is not a standard military caliber, and it is easy to make from common 5.56 cases and any .308 bullets. All AR parts work with .300 BLK and all you need is a barrel. It is an excellent and effective round from 1 to 200 meters, and is very popular for hunting deer, wild pigs, etc.
    Anything out of the books of Pakistani legislature is considered illegal and for bringing these things into a legal framwork, requires a lot of efforts. No doubts, 300 BLK is good caliber, 6.5 CM is also common and good one,, but I have neither seen any rifle in these calibers here nor anyone has taken lic. for them (not in my knowledge at least).

  15. #235
    Expert Member Jibz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    What, pray tell, are "Mango People"???
    😂😂😂
    Let me try:
    The term for 'COMMON PEOPLE' in Urdu Language is 'AAM LOG'. And in Urdu the word AAM is also used for MANGO (The Fruit), the only difference is of the spellings in Urdu.
    So in somewhat slang, the term for COMMON PEOPLE (AAM LOG) is pronunciation wise converted to MANGO PEOPLE.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”


  16. #236
    Got it, thanks!

  17. #237
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    More then 350k in Peshawar.... and most probably the single importer has stocked them and lic. are opened.

    The psychological approach of the buyer is strange in selection of this caliber in the platform not designed for it. When light intermediate calibers in AK platform (6.72 & 5.45 by 39) and 5.56 in A.Rs got popularity (and abundantly available), the manufacturers tried to interchange the calibers for commercial sales and for that prupose they introduced 7.62 in ARs and 5.56 or .223 in AKs also... (regardless of their performance)... That idea also worked for them having expanded sales in the gun communities, specially in the western world. 7.62 Nato or .308 was primarily designed for bolt actions rifles, besides belted machined guns and its still better performing in its class. But the need of transformation from light intermediate caliber to full power 7.62 NATO or .308 was felt in the RED army, who is only sticking to their state owned pride in AK platform. 7.62x39 is still not allowed in sami auto rifles in Pakistan (mostly), similarly, 7.62 NATO or .308 was also not allowed, being said to be military caliber. How the importers have managed to clear this weapon? and how the authorities allowed its licenses? is surprising. However, IMHO, if I can own an AR in 5.56 or .223 on a vaild lic. (which I already have) and A.K 74 (which is in process), with some reliable pistols, (Not talking about full auto AK) that will be enough.
    Dear .308 semi auto is authorised as NPB. 7.62 ISN'T. So if any gun is labelled as .308, it can be cleared from customs, as long as its not auto.
    I purchased the sporter on .308 rifle licence obtained from ICT. When i sent it for endorsement, the staff at arms branch referred it to Police armory to confirm that this weapon isn't auto. After police verification it was entered on my licence
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  18. #238
    So .308 is legal, but 7.62x51 is not.....
    I guess stupid government officials exist in every country!

  19. #239
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,221
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    So .308 is legal, but 7.62x51 is not.....
    I guess stupid government officials exist in every country!
    Bureaucrats are the same everywhere, good Jonnyc bro.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  20. #240
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    So .308 is legal, but 7.62x51 is not.....
    I guess stupid government officials exist in every country!
    Unfortunately the policy makers themselves are unaware of basic knowledge of guns. So they make funny rules
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •