Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tasers

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Hafs
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires
    I have no idea what brand he was using.. cause mine induces a fit of coughing so intense that a person can barely breath..

this 1 simply blinded the chap

Either way It was effective. Also different people react in different ways to being sprayed.

The thing is never to resist if some 1 has a drop on U. then nohting not even a flame thrower would help.

But as in my case the times I have been mugged the muggers always had their weapons in their clothes. That was treat enough to gain immediate compliance...

Now, in such a situation a vertical blast covering eyes nose an mouth would pretty much get the job done.. specially since I carry my spray wrapped in my hand and safety off when ever I walk .
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

This is avalibal in karachi i buy this in 4000 rs only and also try it on donkey, very nice result wooo. :lol:

Dear Friends, I today checked with Gown House near six road, they have a couple of stun guns but selling very costly and the guy behind counter refused that they ever had any TASER thing. Interestingly they have some Taiwan made cheap crossbows, 50 LBS handheld for around 4k.

---------------------------------

Here's a question I asked on a previous thread about Tasers

It has come to my attention that "Gown House" in Pindi are stocking Taser electroshock devices and retailing them at Rs 25000.

Would one of the brothers in Pindi be kind enough to inquire about the model and country of origin and please post details?

http://www.gownhouse.com/index.jsp

Thanx for any responses
    No one responded with an answer to this, Id still be interested to know what model they stock.

Here's something else I previously stated in relation to the effectiveness of Tasers

You know I was thinking about the man stopping potential of a good quality taser and from what Ive seen on youtube videos where it has been deployed by U.S cops it looks very impressive. It instantly incapacitates its target on contact and I would even go as far as to say that in some circumstances it would be even more effective at neutralising a threat than a firearm.
    What do you think guys?
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing!

@guns for me
    and why would u try something that painful on living animal?
    next time you do something like this just remember app ashruful makhloqaat hain aur woo janwar.............................

Blog Entries
    I really find these items inspiring, but have following reservational issues, explain?

Peppersprays: Usually they're small spray bottles, and when in a critical condition, with lot's of movement, swinging it from side to side, I feel there's a great risk of being affected yourself, you're closest to it, and the spray may get into your own eyes :rolleyes:

Stunguns: They require close-up connection! A BG should be immobilized at distance, really don't find the "touching" idea of an animalized sucker close-up, appealing!

Taser: Well, I couldn't get above specifications quite right, especially about the 15 feet/4.5 mtrs feature, if it means you can "hit" from this much distance, well, then it's perhaps useful, provided of course, you hit it right in first attempt! Still we're talking "panic" movements, quick actions, with likelihood of "mis-targeting" and no further back up!

Think we should stick to the REAL options only, hitting out hard and right! ;)
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Blog Entries
    AK bro, all these 3 tools are effective when an UN-ARMED but physically stronger BG is in confrontation, so these aids come handy to subdue him to the state where he easily be a$$ kicked ;)
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Denovo bro, yet I'd say, much safer with the .45 ACP, just be sure the BG isn't an "aunt" ;) :lol:
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by guns for me
    This is avalibal in karachi i buy this in 4000 rs only and also try it on donkey, very nice result wooo. :lol:
    Dont be cruel to animals.
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Quote Originally Posted by Mitho
    @guns for me
    and why would u try something that painful on living animal?
    next time you do something like this just remember app ashruful makhloqaat hain aur woo janwar.............................
    koie to mere tarha sochta ha...

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    AK bro, all these 3 tools are effective when an UN-ARMED but physically stronger BG is in confrontation, so these aids come handy to subdue him to the state where he easily be a$$ kicked ;)
    +1

very interesting..........................
    Allah if You forgive us not and have not mercy on us, then certainly we are among losers.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1617911055392/

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Sabre red is a good brand. An is the one widely used by the NYPD.

In Karachi at Tayyabali it had a retial price of Rs. 1500.. after some bargaining an spacialy when buying multiple pieces..They knock hte prices down a few hundred bucks..

I don't know if they have any in stock now. I've a number of these units.
    Tayabally
    Enigmatic I went to Tayabally website and called their number they told me 200,000 volts is costing Rs 10,000 and 15,000 for 500,000 volts what do you think are these prices correct? They said they would TCS it to me since I am not from Karachi. Very professional fancy telephone exchange different departments but they want to move through the ordering process quickly so no time for their employees to get chatty they have a corporate account in which payment has to be made courier is the method again for customers out of city. Seems this company retails alot of stuff such as cctv cams safes etc ...

Gown House
    Very friendly got to know the names of a few guys there went out of their way to answer my questions no fancy telephone exchange or any departments their products are about Rs 1000 cheaper than Tayabally seems they retail hiking equipment and camping gear too. But overall they same more eager and enthusiastic to please. Their account is an owner's account and not a corporate account. Assured me of delivery by Saturday.

Please give me advice who is reliable and trustworthy since I have never purchased from any company before.

Please take some time to answer.
    Last edited by Mr.Karate; 15-08-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Hmm I buy such stuff from tayabbally.. They tend to be expensive but generaly reliable.... Cant comment on gown since I have never seen them. Members from RWP might be able to help
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

There is a chap in Sitara Market (Peshawar) who sells knives, scopes, etc. He had two kinds of tasers. Pkr 600 or so for one. He claims the one which looks like a cheap cell phone is better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Karate View Post
    Tayabally
    Enigmatic I went to Tayabally website and called their number they told me 200,000 volts is costing Rs 10,000 and 15,000 for 500,000 volts what do you think are these prices correct? They said they would TCS it to me since I am not from Karachi. Very professional fancy telephone exchange different departments but they want to move through the ordering process quickly so no time for their employees to get chatty they have a corporate account in which payment has to be made courier is the method again for customers out of city. Seems this company retails alot of stuff such as cctv cams safes etc ...

Gown House
    Very friendly got to know the names of a few guys there went out of their way to answer my questions no fancy telephone exchange or any departments their products are about Rs 1000 cheaper than Tayabally seems they retail hiking equipment and camping gear too. But overall they same more eager and enthusiastic to please. Their account is an owner's account and not a corporate account. Assured me of delivery by Saturday.

Please give me advice who is reliable and trustworthy since I have never purchased from any company before.

Please take some time to answer.
    How many Amps?

Asalamoalikum!
    Hope you ppl on this forum are good by the grace of Allah. I just need to know that any leads for taser in Karachi...One of my friend is interested in buying for his relative!
    JazakAllah!

No tasers available. Stun guns yes. At this small shop I know. In Kemari town. Chap by the name of Usma Ghani. Around 1.5k ish or so. however, do be carefull to chekc before you buy. Since the chinese batteries may start smoldering instead of charging.

I think Tayabbaly has the same things available as well.

Abbas Bhai....Thanks for the rapid reply on the query...Can you please tell about the location of the mentioned shop in Kemari town and Tayabbaly?
    JazakAllah
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    No tasers available. Stun guns yes. At this small shop I know. In Kemari town. Chap by the name of Usma Ghani. Around 1.5k ish or so. however, do be carefull to chekc before you buy. Since the chinese batteries may start smoldering instead of charging.

Quote Originally Posted by a.basit94 View Post
    Abbas Bhai....Thanks for the rapid reply on the query...Can you please tell about the location of the mentioned shop in Kemari town and Tayabbaly?
    JazakAllah
    No idea bout Abbas, but taybballay is on main Lucky Star Saddar Karachi.

http://photonews.com.pk/pepper-sprays-a-review/

The above link will give you an idea. i did an exhaustive survey of pepper sprays available in Karachi along with their availability and effectiveness.

Both USman's and Tabbaally's contact information is present in this article