Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus owners...

Supreme Member

Taurus owners...

First off for all the regulars, I've been away from Pakguns for a while, and I missed you all... well... most of you anyways
    And for those who missed my long, drawn out posts (if there actually are any of you)... this one's for you!

I started this thread in hopes of seeking some guidance regarding Taurus. I am interested in their revolvers, specifically the Tracker line. They don't have the greatest reputation over here, but truth be told, most of the criticism comes from people who have never owned one. Another reason for their lack of popularity in this market is because they are seperated from a real Smith and Wesson (I say a "real" Smith because they got a lot of inspiration from... cough-copied-cough, cough... S&W design) by only several hundred dollars, even less for a Ruger, and both those brands are far more established in the world of revolvers.

Where Taurus excels however, is through innovation. Their original designs are quite often products for which there are no competitors. Take the Judge for instance, it became such a hit, S&W was left playing "catch up" with their Governor. Then there's the Curve, and the View; whether they become successful only time will tell, but regardless, they are extremely innovative designs.

This brings us to my situation. A double action, rimfire, combo revolver is a rare animal (at least among the major manufacturers), and consequently another product unique to Taurus. To clarify, its a double action/single action revolver that can shoot 22 short, 22 lr, and a separate cylinder for 22 WMR (aka 22 magnum). If you're thinking Ruger makes something like that, you would be correct... almost. The Ruger Single 6, along with the Pietta 1873 reproductions are indeed combo guns, but they are also SA only. The combo part isn't actually a big deal since I'm only interested in the 22 magnum chambering. Then why don't I get a Smith? Because the Model 48 only has a 6 round capacity, and as such, the Taurus has a 50% increase in capacity which is worth more to me than an S&W logo on the gun.

I don't have any Taurus products but I've seen quite a few PG members with them. I would really appreciate it if current or past owners, or anyone who is experienced with them, could share some thoughts and opinions on these revolvers. Are they accurate? Are they reliable? Have you had any issues? If so, was the problem easily corrected? Which model/caliber do you have? Have you added any accessories, or done any upgrades to your gun? As far as quality and trigger feel, how would you compare it against a Smith?

As a side note: I don't see 22 magnum being discussed much. Is the cartridge, or are the guns chambered for it, not popular/available in Pak?

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Sir, Welcome back.
    I have shot the 669 it has good balance and everything else about it seems nice too.
    I held the tracker it was good but i the 669 fits better in my hands, though honestly I am not comfortable holding any revolver.
    I should also tell you the rubber grips require tiny bit more care cause they are rubber.
    .22 magnum is available here occasionally but not popular.
    .22lr is the way to go. .32 revolvers are cheap and abundantly available.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

welcome back bro.i only have little experiance with their pistols at the moment i have a pt92afs with is not too bad i had a 24/7pro in .45 its was dissappointing gave me ftf and fte.

Supreme Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys
    Now I've got another question... I went back to handle the Taurus today and when handling it I noticed that the tigger can be pulled back, even when the cylinder is open. None of my other revolvers do that, so I was just wondering if this is normal?

(Thomas Jefferson)

I have never tried that so can't comment.
    What caliber are in interested in?
    @FA226, Taurus 945 is a marvelous gun. If you ever find it, snatch it. I have nothing but good to say about the gun. Have shot it and am very pleased by the gun.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Alive .. Alive.. what do u know hte man is alive!!

Anyways we do have taurus revolvers in our neck of the woods... In fact my dream revolver is hte Taurus 608 in 4 inch configeration. The taurus revilvers that i have seen people shooting. wil never heard anyonew complain bout it at all. like ever.

And as regards the magnum. 22 yes i saw it in snubbie configuration. But since .22 mag is around 80 a pop. Its simply not practical. though a young dealer I used to frequent did have it. as his SD weapon.

But the price of the .22 magnum (and its weapon) and its heavier more powerful cousins such as the .357 and the .38 is pretty close.. people usualy opt for the he man" calibres.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    I have never tried that so can't comment.
    What caliber are in interested in?
    @FA226, Taurus 945 is a marvelous gun. If you ever find it, snatch it. I have nothing but good to say about the gun. Have shot it and am very pleased by the gun.
    Bro i heard good stuff about their 945,after geting rid of 24/7pro.thanks to Allah i bought one of the worlds best .45s that is CZ97b trust me its so accurate even some times it gives me more pleasure then my CZ sp01 shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Bro i heard good stuff about their 945,after geting rid of 24/7pro.thanks to Allah i bought one of the worlds best .45s that is CZ97b trust me its so accurate even some times it gives me more pleasure then my CZ sp01 shadow.
    I am so jealous and we are here sitting to get our hands on license which looks impossible to get for time being .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    I am so jealous and we are here sitting to get our hands on license which looks impossible to get for time being .
    Lol,bro i got rid of TT and used that licence for .45 though i made two fresh licences for canik and px3.i pary for you may the licences get opened in your provence as well.

Blog Entries
    After owning 4 of Tauruses I am one of the thousands of firearm enthusiasts who's opinion is " its a hit or miss " .
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    After owning 4 of Tauruses I am one of the thousands of firearm enthusiasts who's opinion is " its a hit or miss " .
    I believe Denovo Bhai.. that u had a 608 that made me fall in love with the 608 series of revolvers
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

But the PT92 is a shinning star.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I believe Denovo Bhai.. that u had a 608 that made me fall in love with the 608 series of revolvers
    Yes I still have it and it certainly a hit

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    But the PT92 is a shinning star.
    Yes PT92 is star of Taurus range as its not their original research product but we still see Taurus famous workmanship flaws even in this 92FS borrowed design.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Yes I still have it and it certainly a hit

Yes PT92 is star of Taurus range as its not their original research product but we still see Taurus famous workmanship flaws even in this 92FS borrowed design.
    i was trying to find the thread in which u had reviewed it in detail. i failed to do so

Member Emeritus
    I agree with other members. Taurus's wide range of handguns is a hit or miss. but revolvers are good enough.

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    That for sure is and the price of CZ 97B has also gone up to 150k (yesterday's price).

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Alive .. Alive.. what do u know hte man is alive!!
    Yes indeed ED, alive and well
    Hope all is good with you too!!

(Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member
    If anyone has a Tracker, could you please try to see if you can still pull the trigger with the cylinder open. I've never seen a revolver do that, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong, or if it's just part of the Taurus design.

(Thomas Jefferson)

I had a 24/7 G2 once upon a time & that was a miss.

But all i want now is this,

http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...adcrumbseries=

I had bought a .22 Magnum taurus with 4' barrel for Rs.72,000/- form Orient Arms Lahore in February 2015. Did not have the chance to use it as yet but its sure is a collectors item. Orient Arms lahore had all options in revolvers like.22 lr,.22 magnum 2 inch & 4inch barrel .32, 38 special,357 magnum, the judge etc. The prices quoted were also very reasonable as compared to the Karachi market.