Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: AF Condor, The Chinese Clone

Added a foot stirrup which helps to hold the crossbow on ground while cocking.

It rotates and also works as stand during shooting.

Name:  20151225_142036.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  50.1 KB

Two more groups at 10 yards, it is showing consistent accuracy with an old low power (4x) scope.

Name:  20151225_141815.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  20151226_175034.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  47.0 KB
    "Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

A short video clip. To check the power of my home made crossbow. The arrow divided a 3/4 inche thick wooden piece in to two halves at 10 yards distance.
    It is shot with the camera on high speed setting. There is no sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxBAZs1clTY

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxBAZs1clTY" target="_blank">
    Last edited by adam; 01-01-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    "Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

I am working on a REVERSE DRAW CROSSBOW. Theoretically it should perform better and give higher speed to the arrow with comparable draw weight due to its longer draw length.

Let's see how it performs.

Name:  20160101_190202.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  50.8 KB

great work u have done brother, though i am not very fond of bows but seeing ur passion spending an hour on reading complete thread is must
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Thank you Zia brother for encouraging comments.

The Reverse Draw System Crossbow is ready now. I tested it indoor ( 10 yards). good accuracy and some more speed to arrow with about same draw weight.

Name:  20160108_200336.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  57.2 KB

It is now 25.5 inches wide, 28.5 inches long and has 17.5 inches draw length.

On this weekend, I tried to check the speed of arrow by this crossbow.

Arrow was home made, of wood and 270 grain.

I shot the arrow straight (almost) up-wards and measured the time interval it came back to ground.

It took 10 seconds to reach back to ground.

So, it took 5 seconds to reach max height where it came to a halt (zero velocity).

From this zero velocity, it took 5 seconds to reach back to ground and struck the ground with the

same velocity that it was shot upwards.

Equation is vf = vi +at (a is g - gravity in this case).

so vf = vi + gt.

vf = 0 + 32.2 x 5 = 161 fps.

I m not very good at physics, I hope some one with good knowledge of physics can help me if this is right.

I think 161 foot per second is close to the upper limit of the available resources, materials and design.

Some changes in design like CAM system can take this to about 200 fps may be.

Well, it's been a long time since i posted anything, was busy with exams and other work.
    I had also been working on starting archery in Faisalabad as well, as i cant just go to Islamabad to shoot everyday. here are some pics from my shooting practice this morning. with my new Astor recurve bow at 50-60m and 60-70lbs bow. Name:  IMG_0465.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  82.1 KBName:  IMG_0466.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  60.2 KBName:  IMG_0467.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  60.1 KBName:  IMG_0469.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  58.3 KB
    We lose ourselves in the things we love, but most often than not, we find ourselves there too.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Truely mignificent shooting Shadow 001, many of us (including me) cant shoot that well even with a fire arm! and the sheer p-ower required to hod the string in place while it is wbobbling. and you releases it just as it pointed at the bull. Poetry in motion I say..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Cool

You are a true master of the art. This grouping at 50-60 yrds takes a life time of practice. Highly Admirable.

Thanks guys,
    but im still not a master yet. I only started practicing out at a proper place after i founded the Dist. Archery Association in FSD. Otherwise i would still be a noob. plus i think i just got very lucky that time. The grouping was pretty good even i couldn't believe it.
    We lose ourselves in the things we love, but most often than not, we find ourselves there too.

Assalam o Alaikum
    I am new to the hobby of PCP airguns and got an Af900 but now some people have told me that the air cylinder is unsafe and it is dangerous as it is near to the face and can explode .... I wanted to ask if it is true or not ?
    Thanks for the guidance
    Regards

shadow001, nice shooting
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.