Thread: Wad Fouling is getting my nerves Now...

Wad Fouling is getting my nerves Now...

Aoa bros.
    wad fouling is permanently sticked on my Shotgun Barrel & won't going to leave it.
    what I have done with it all invain.
    Simple Cleaning method.
    -sprayed WD-40
    copper brushed
    & pull through ,
    filled with Break free over night brushed pull through ,
    filled with spirit same result.
    put in boiled water copper brushed tornado brushed ,
    put in the deep freezer for an hour but all goes invain...
    is there any totka left to experiment ?
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Aoa bros.
    wad fouling is permanently sticked on my Shotgun Barrel & won't going to leave it.
    what I have done with it all invain.
    Simple Cleaning method.
    -sprayed WD-40
    copper brushed
    & pull through ,
    filled with Break free over night brushed pull through ,
    filled with spirit same result.
    put in boiled water copper brushed tornado brushed ,
    put in the deep freezer for an hour but all goes invain...
    is there any totka left to experiment ?
    Wa/salam bro.
    Pictures will help a lot.
    Is it near muzzle or at chamber side?
    What kind of gun is it ? DB or single/pump/auto ?
    Does it has choke groves and what kind of cartridges you have been using mostly?
    Rifled or smooth?

Did u ever fired slugs or rubber slugs through it?
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

its Baikal Over Under purchased in last feb.
    I always used Shaheen bird shot.
    Never used slug In particular shotgun.
    fouling is sticked almost 10 to 12" away from chamber...
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Blog Entries
    There are carb cleaner (carburetor cleaner) sprays available at auto stores. Use these to remove plastic fouling; take special care while using it that it doesnt touch any of the other part/place of the gun as it easily can remove finish from metal or wood.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

AoA Bro Afzaal,

Stubborn fowling of plastics and lead can only be removed by gentle scrubbing of
    either copper bristles brush or patch of "SCOTCH BRITE" inserted on the tip of
    cleaning rod.

Best is to have a VARIABLE SPEED hand drill (Own it or borrow from some friend).
    Secure the drill in a vice with TWO sections of cleaning rod and SCOTCH BRITE
    inserted and rolled to the desired thickness, set the drill speed at half and soak
    the scotch brite(In Diesel or Carb cleaner) before inserting it into the barrel with
    drill set at ON position.

If your drill is well secured, you may use both hands to hold the barrel with both
    hands,insert the CHAMBER side, and push the drill ON switch. Now the back and forth
    movement of barrel with your hands. Keep the pull-through ready to wipe the fouling out.

thanks denovo & mian brothers I will try your suggestions & post result.
    love u all...
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

@ all , i am facing the same problem with baikal sxs , fired four shaheen bird shots, and now it has fouling, near chamber, tried wd-40 with bore snake but failed. Went to a dealer to buy brass brush but he put forward a strange theory. He said do not use metal brush, it will negatively affect accuracy. What about his theory? Is it true or false ?

In my case
    It was not wad fouling but pitting
    Wah Industries ******* admits their low quality powder in some previous lots
    God knows how is the quality nowadays.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by AK47-Topak View Post
    @ all , i am facing the same problem with baikal sxs , fired four shaheen bird shots, and now it has fouling, near chamber, tried wd-40 with bore snake but failed. Went to a dealer to buy brass brush but he put forward a strange theory. He said do not use metal brush, it will negatively affect accuracy. What about his theory? Is it true or false ?
    WD-40 is though for mechanical moving parts. But you can spray on cloth and wrap the cloth around the brass brush and apply it.In normal cleaning one has to wipe 2 or 3 times with the method described in video. The gun shop owner is WRONG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjCsGAP-Xw

If it's near the chamber then apply the method in video other wise get a flat screw driver heat it a bit and try gently removing the sticky plastic. Otherwise cut 3-4 6 or 4 excel shots with a very sharp knife from above remove the shot and and take out the plastic wad just keep the gunpowder and all this has to be done with the the shell standing being vertically. Before that take some cork level thick round or (mota gata) e.g Pizza box and cut round circles just enough to go in the shell and fire once the heat will take it out otherwise shoot 3 times let the barrel cool a bit and apply the brass cloth thing again.
    It's strange I've never experienced this thing in my whole life from the cheapest 8K to 300K guns mine or borrowed.
    Surely it's POF's fault. EMAIL THEM YOUR PROBLEM.
    HOPE IT WORKS!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Bughz , Keena aur Hassad Isnan ko tabah ker detain hain.

That is more annoying and harder to clean with normal tools. Glad your problem is gone : Cheers!

In my case
    It was not wad fouling but pitting
    Wah Industries ******* admits their low quality powder in some previous lots
    God knows how is the quality nowadays.
    That is more annoying and harder to clean with normal tools. Glad your problem is gone : Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Khan View Post
    Theres no cure for pitting my friend.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Theres no cure for pitting my friend.
    THERE IS EVERY CURE FOR ANYTHING ,ONE JUST HAS TO FIND IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7aZ2vHQ34

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Khan View Post
    THERE IS EVERY CURE FOR ANYTHING ,ONE JUST HAS TO FIND IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7aZ2vHQ34
    Seen those vids ages ago
    Tools being used are almost impossible to get
    Thats why i said pitting has no cure .
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Hi there
    Plastic or wad fouling and powder fouling can be easily removed with a homemade cleaning liquid called Ed's Red I have personally made and used it

Things you need
    1 part Acetone (can get it at chemical or hardware supply stores) if not available can use "Nail Polish Remover".
    1 part ATF Dextron II or III automatic transmission fluid or automatic gearbox oil.
    1 part kerosene oil.
    1 part alcohol (Spirit).
    Mix all of the above liquids in an air tight glass jar or bottle.
    Run a patch wet with this cleaning liquid through the shotgun barrel and let it sit for a coulpe of minutes brush the bore if its heavily fouled using a bronze or brass brush avoid using plastic brush when using this liquid. After that run a dry patch you will see the difference the acetone present in this solution will dissolve the plastic fouling inside the bore.
    After cleaning slightly oil the bore.
    Always shake the container before use because the mixture tends to separate.
    Note: Only to be used for bore cleaning do not clean any other parts with this liquid it will ruin the finish on your firearm.
    Videos available on youtube
    Search by the title of Ed's Red.
    I hope it helps I have used this liquid mix to clean all types of firearms works well everytime.